1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to YJ - Looking for Advice on fun Purchases for Vanilla

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Drakefall, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Drakefall

Drakefall Active Member

Good day all!

I'm a Panoceanian player who is dipping his toes into Yu-Jing after grabbing Kaldstrøm (I know, what a filthy traitor I am?).

I'll mostly be sticking to White Banner, but I'd like to branch out into vanilla with a few purchases to experience some of the cooler, unique troops YJ has to offer.

I'm already getting the support and REM packs, a Tiger Soldier or two, and a Haidao sniper for White Banner and White Company.

Might I ask you dudes for some thoughts on what YJ minis you've really found fun and interesting to use in vanilla YJ?

At the moment I'm strongly considering:
    - Sun Tze
    - Kanren
    - Su Jian
    - Daoying hacker
    - Zhencha smg

Any thoughts on these dudes or any others that would be entertaining purchases?

Thanks in advance!

2. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Yu jng.
    I would wait for N4 to get out. Atm Su jian and dayoing is staple.

Sun Tze and kanren more niche. But it may change in N4

Zencha is competing with guilang. I usually prefere the last one, but again zhencha may get a point reduction in N4.

3. Drakefall

Drakefall Active Member

Hey.

No worries. I'm not going to be making any purchases outside of White Banner and White Company (I feel like such a supremasist! T_T) until I've looked over the N4 ruleset and profile changes.

I'm not overly interested in what's strong and optimal so much as what's unique and fun. I live in South Africa and our meta is pretty weaksauce compared to the international one so raw optimal power ain't the biggest deal.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Sun Tze is shaping up to be a dead profile in N4, for Vanilla anyway. Too easy to isolate him leading to his rules not functioning and putting your army into loss of LT.

5. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Haidao sniper is not in WB. It is still something to consider in vanilla, can go in cores in WC and might be first step to branch out into IA. Good purchase and sweet mini :)

6. Drakefall

Drakefall Active Member

The Haidao is for White Company ;)

7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Welcome! What a great time to join the heavy infantry brigade.

You can't go wrong with the daoying hacker. And su jian just had it's profile teased and looks amazing still so you could grab that.

In your list I really love zhencha, climbing plus camo can be really good at catching your opponent out.

Tigers are awesome. The rui shi and lu duan are also staple units for yu Jing. You must try hac Tao at least once

Kuang shi are our other staple, but I would wait for N4 just in case something major changes with them..

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well, considering the recent preview of changes to the Su Jian, I'd say he's a fantastic one to take. I know I'm going to be using him a lot more. Especially the Heavy Shotgun.

Alphz likes this.
  9. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Mowang is great for vanilla if you plan to use the Daoying Lt L2 and a good staple of IA. Beyond Kaldstrom brings the Ye Mao which is the key aggressive Haris. It also provides the ubiquitous Shang Ji that, while problematic in N3, looks to be better in N4 and is present in nearly every YJ sectorial regardless of fluff.

Alphz likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation