1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TAK Player Reporting!

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by xieyiqq111, Dec 20, 2019.

1. xieyiqq111

xieyiqq111 New Member

Greetings, comrades!

I'm a new Infinity player and my faction is Ariadna TAK. I shared Coldfront pack with local club member and also bought Line Kazaks box and Pavel because he looks so cool.

I fought with other players in local club several times. It's crazy to see a cyber ninja(maybe an Oniwaban or something worse) jump out, throw smoke grenade and wipe out all members of my fire team in silence or an Avatar push forward and switch to suppressive fire mode, killing everyone in my active turn. Although losing almost all battles, I still feel happy and want to expand my space Russian army.

I decide to buy Strelok with K-9, Spetsnazs and maybe Cossack bikers and some supporting units like 112.

What's your opinion?

2. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Spetsnaz are awesome and I’m a big fan of the Vet Kazak with hmg as well. Look at some of the tacticas here on the forums and you can get a pretty good look at the different options. If you have specific questions, we are happy to help.

As far as your encounter with the oniwaban, remember that the Vet Kazak and a 4 man fireteam have sixth sense. That should help you respond somewhat. But, TO can be a big surprise because you really don’t know where they are. As you play though, you should be able to predict good places to deploy. The streloks minelayer might be helpful if you think you know where they might show up. Once TO models are on the table, intuitive attacks and mines are helpful. Maybe pick up some Irmandhinos for extra templates.
    As far as the avatar, he’s tough in his own right. Remember though, suppressive Fire is only out to 24”, so camo sneaking around and clearing out order units may be the best way to deal with it. If you can sneak Pavel close, he might do something. Alternatively, the tankhunter missile launcher from outside 24” is probably my favorite solution.

3. xieyiqq111

xieyiqq111 New Member

Thanks for your help! The HMG Vet is really a killing machine, he even helped me destroy a Fireteam Triad of Spiral Corps. I think it's a good ideal to buy a blister to reward his contribution.
    And I will learn tricks in the forum and prepare my tactics for next match.

#3 xieyiqq111, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  4. xieyiqq111

xieyiqq111 New Member

Today I played with Yu Jing Invincible Army. One Hâidào sniper and one Yān Huǒ Invincible killed my Vet in the first turn and cover the whole map. But it's fun to see Liú Xīng dropping, hurting no one and finding himself aimed by 4 rifles.

5. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. If a single model has that much overwatch, you may need more terrain. I can't say for sure, but that is one thing that can swing games.
    As far as actually dealing with snipers, you either need to out burst them (fireteam, active turn, hmg, all of the above) or leverage range bands and modifiers (surprise shot, infiltration, parachutist).

6. xieyiqq111

xieyiqq111 New Member

Perhaps I picked wrong weapons in this turn. After my APHMG Vet's gone, I only have Ratnik's Panzerfaust and Tankhunter's missle. The sniper just took 1W and he could still fighting.
    Next time I will protect my Vet well, send Pavel to engage guys with big guns and airborne Spetsnaz to create chaos at enemy's back yard.

7. xieyiqq111

xieyiqq111 New Member

Victory! I beated Invincible Army today.
    After killing Hâidào and Yān Huǒ, my 2 fireteams pushed forward and held the middle area of the map. Parachute Spetsnaz is a cold-blood killer and dog warrior is fine, too.(althouth my poor wolves suffered from mispack, sad)
    My IA friend's rocket ZhanShi is really a hero of the state empire. In the next game he just killed 2 knights of the Order with one RPG round template. And in our game, I used 5 orders trying to kill him and he survived in 1 grenade, 4 shotgun shots and 5 APHMG shots.
    I also find it difficult to kill that Hâidào sniper with visor and core fireteam if his position is hard to reach. The sniper was on a balcony that was hard to reach. Other members of the fireteam just hide behind a wall covered by him. I tried grenade and he didn't get hurt. I used T2 sniper Vassily to shoot him, I should roll 13 and he can roll 16, and both of us have 2 B. It was lucky to kill him with one T2 bullet. I can't find a safe way to kill the Hâidào sniper. He has sharp eyes, advanced visor, good shooting position and deadly Double Action bullet.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation