1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Odalisque?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Skjarr, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Retirement is too strong a word and I apologise for that. It's a temporary production hiatus more than anything else. They're just 'retiring' MRRF a bit more formally so (IMO) they don't have to work on updating the sectorial in the background for a few years. Something like ASA or QK can have its production suspended for a year or two while still being very effective in the field I think. Because QK especially doesn't need an update on its rules, just a few sculpts.

It will be a while before the rolling halt happens at Haqq as others pointed out. I don't envision QK getting sent off until there's a strong Ramah presence in the catalogue.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yep, I was talking about the Sniper, because it could be found both as a blister and inside the QK Starter.

3. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Agreed. We're past oversized guns nowadays.

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Wow man, you spooks me now! Do you remember that the next year CB promised massive arc involving Shasvastii and Tohaa?

#44 Ariwch, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yup. But I'm more concerned about the ITS Season 10 limited mini, who is a Submondo smuggler... being also a Shasvasti.

I mean, if there is one, there are (most likely) more. We don't know how many and where, but QK is using corruption mechanism in its operations. So far, we managed to do so to our advantage, but I'm afraid it makes us rather suspectible to that vector of infiltration. Grease the gears,and you could become a person of quite some importance in Funduq. There aren't that many people that would ask uncomfotable questions (and be getting answers to them, that is).

And while the Muhafiz have managed to keep the Sultan of Funduq safe (so far!), they can't be everywhere and they do not know everything.

Shasvasti sleeper agents are at least as dangerous as Hassassin sleeper agents - but the Hassassin, at least formally, play on the same side QK. do

Kyre likes this.
  6. Ariwch

During last Bostria's seminar in Moscow he spoiled a new odalisques box...

Barrogh, Palomides and Deltervees like this.
  7. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

How wonderful! Although my wallet may disagree...

That certainly fits into our understanding of the slow process of modernizing all of Haqqislam. I just bought and painted the Sekban, so we can probably expect that box soon too.

Xeurian likes this.
  8. Errhile

Oh. They're going to be interesting, I guess.

But having the six previous sculpts I guess I have an adequate number of Odalisques :)

9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Frankly, Odas were one of the few groups of minis showing their age in Haqq line, especially now that CB are on resculpting spree for us.
    So I'm not quite sure where did doom and gloom from first page came from. We are getting updates.

10. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Imho it was a reasonable assumtion, that QK might get to sit on the bench for a while if you factor in, that CB statet recently, that more factions are to be discontinued temporarily and that QK lost a lot of its distinctiveness because of recent releases, so it would be due for an complete overhaul.
    But with an Oda Box its almost safe to say, that that wont happen to QK.

Apart from that, yes they needed an update and I am very pleased with the look of the render, especially the appropriately sized Spitfire. Only complaint so far, she is looking quite to young for my taste. But that could change, as always with renders.
    I really hope the box contains an older more mature looking one and one with some extra weight (but still fit) for some variety and realism.

11. Ariwch

[​IMG]

:D Though I would like to get male sculpt. The teasing effect itself would be worth it!

Rizzy, Ixidro, Hey Yella and 5 others like this.
  12. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

You win today. CB there needs to be one Odalisque that is Freddie Mercury and give him the SMG.

Rizzy, Shoitaan and Ariwch like this.
  13. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Normally, yes variety would be great, but the point of the Odalisques is the angelic guardian. They specifically get surgeries and implants to increase their physical physique, stature, and beauty. They are the poster of the i-Kohl drugs and perfumes. This would lend them all to really have very similar beautiful appearance. If anything they should all look very similar to one another. Hair color, style, skin color, and eye color really being the only differences considering the genetic augmentations some get to be beautiful. Beauty and leathality are literally their trades.

14. Itwastuesday

Itwastuesday Member

Oh. The new models would be actually armored, apparently.

I suppose I won't bother painting my old Odalisques ever, then.

I'd be all for different bodytypes. There's many different kinds of preference, after all.

Get the gorilla Odalisque for fighting the Morats! With big red lips!

15. Durian Khaar

Durian Khaar It's clubbering time...
    Warcor

But, but but.... I like the old Odaliques :(

Rizzy, Danger Rose and Errhile like this.
  16. Errhile

Me too. I'm even attached to the original BSG Odalisque, given all the effort I had to get through to assemble her!

Rizzy and Danger Rose like this.
  17. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

Heh, nothing is stopping you guys from still fielding the older models!

18. Errhile

Indeed nothing is - that's what I do!
    1ed Ghilim, old Djanbazans, absolutely not up-to-date Janissaries (some of mine are actually Ahl Faseed and Ahl Faseed / Janissary mixes), and as I wrote elsewhere, I'm absolutely going to stick to my ol' Chickenbots.

:)

Danger Rose likes this.
  19. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I've recently seen one of those ancient models I was always finding atrocious (female yuan with big-ass sword), but painted masterfully - and I must say, that one became awesome.

So if you can mask certain common drawbacks of older models, like issues with faces, for example, then there's no reason not to try to bring out their potential.

theGricks and xagroth like this.
  20. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Some old models REALLY hold up well. The female YY is great, I love her. The male is TERRIBLE.

Barrogh likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation