1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Odalisque?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Skjarr, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Not, it doesn't.
    I don't believe, that CB will pause an sectorial of one faction to release more sectorials from another factions.
    Best candidate for a retirement is a sectorial from PanO. Don't think it will be MO, but SAOA or NCA are Candidates.

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

And from what I hear, SAoA is way more well-rounded and complete. Like, one that doesn't really need much more releases (save, perhaps, for resculpts of older models, but that applies to most sectorials.

3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Hey. Um, @psychoticstorm i can we get a thread split here? :}

If we're going to dive in deep about what may constitute a retirement we should look at the bigger picture and not our favorite things.

IfCorvus Belli continues down this line even they may not have anything beyond conceptual goals. So please keep in mind we have wild ass guesses and presumptions and vapor to go on.

I would assume that the final picture includes roughly equal numbers of SKU# for each faction. This may break down equally among the sectorials or there may be some bias, along with er, legacy models for reasons like NA2 mercenaries or simply because it's hugely popular. Sales are probably a good tie-breaker. There are also a lot of intertwined issues. Are the models popular? If so, why? Cool sculpts? Great profile? Are they old(er) sculpts and thus aren't selling as well? Are they selling poorly because the faction is considered 'weak'? blah. blah. blah. "Removal" or a relocation does not address the total catalog issue.

So:

The entire Haqqislam faction will be the big surprise. All of us will be eliminated when the Shaasvasti introduce a genetic disease into the base plant and kill off the entire production of Silk for the entire Human Sphere. The massive infighting for the leftovers will leave Bourak an uninhabitable wasteland for all the Dune fan-boys except for the now sprouting Shaasvasti seed soldier... (Or the EI stops screwing around and lobs a fractional c rock at the planet). The remnants will join the Nomad Nation as a sectorial.

4. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Isn't that exactly what happened now with MRRF? Isn't this exactly what CB said would happen in a recent interview? They have a production limitation so they'll suspend some sectorials.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Ben Kenobi

I don't know what the said directly, but in my oppinion, MRRF was replaced bei TAK and therefore the logical consequence would be, that one of PanO's sectorial will be on hold in the next years. Only my oppinion, cause I don't think CB will remove a Sectorial from one faction to give another one an extra sectorial.

Edit: "CB looked at the optimum number of SKUs per faction and decided on 50."

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

By the "rumor mill":

Acontecimiento will go out of production to make space for Varuna.
    QK will be "replaced" by Ramah.

7. Ben Kenobi

This really may be happen. But we don't hear anything about Ramah till now, so Acontecimiento will be on hold first.

Shoitaan, Errhile and Stiopa like this.
  8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Were on earth you get all there rumours?

Danger Rose, Solar and theGricks like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The goodbye of QK and Acon? Interviews during the Interplanetario, published in Mas allá de Mordor and the Sinpetaca nº38 (or so).

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Effendi, you have no idea what kind of crazy gossip can one hear at a bazaar.

Sometimes some of it may even turn true. One never knows!

#30 Errhile, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  11. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

QK is in a good place. I don't see it going anywhere. I have no idea where this rumor of QK being the next rolling sectorial to go is. Many of its models are still good, and not that dated, its stable and sees regular play. This Odalisque mini is just the next contender in the rolling Haqq re-sculpt train, that is all. While I personally love all the re-sculpts (except the Asawira...) I would like to see more RTF units introduced. Theres still holes there. Its possible Oda's will be in RTF (it would fit) which is why the are being re sculpted, I look forward to seeing the new units.

Hey Yella likes this.
  12. Itwastuesday

Itwastuesday Member

What would retiring QK accomplish anyway? Which model would be axed exactly?

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Reduce the load on CB's production schedule, reduce the number of references the vendors have to deal with.

As for axed models, I'd say the Starter box is a given, followed possibly by the sekban... aside from that, I see little that is either old enough or never used, frankly :S

14. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

My bet' are:

Odalisque box/blister
    Sekban box/blister
    Starter
    Kaplan box/blister
    Hafza bliter
    Djanbazan blister

I think we will find out soon enough.

15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The djanbazan might get a resculpt, we believe they belong in Ramah.
    The Odalisques... there have been jokes about their relationship with Tarik, it would be great if they were there too, but possible they wont.

16. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

The Djanbazans were just resculpted, @xagroth. (Except for the iconic sniper).

Even if QK is retired, which I find unlikely, why would these QK units suddenly end up in RTF? If the point of retiring sectorials is to combat SKU bloat, what good would that do?

17. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

QK isn't going anywhere. FRRM was retired due to SKU bloat IN ARIADNA. Remember that the SKU bloat is by the faction, not Infinity range as a whole. Hqq has a lot of units, but not nearly the number Ariadna would have had after TAK hit shelves. What we are seeing is just an update to sculpts. What I personally believe is that we are seeing a new QK box coming soonish (we had an updated HB and Vanilla) to compare with the other two boxes. The QK box is OLD and contains only old scultps. They could put in the updated Jann AP Rifle model, the new Oda, updated Hafzas and Al Hawwa. This seems far more probable than QK going anywhere. Haqq has been going through resculpts and new units all year long.

Myomer, Palomides and Deltervees like this.
  18. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Looks to be the same size as the new Muyib spitfire.

19. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Then IT'S too small TOO! :D

Myomer likes this.
  20. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

It looks to be the size it should be.

Alkasyn likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation