1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New N4 rules so far

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Space Ranger, Aug 10, 2020.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Can someone give me a timestamp for this?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Mayacast, episode 290, 28:20 to 29:10.

ijw likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Thanks.

'All I have here is that they're not featuring in the files right now'

No, they're not in the files right now, because they're not going to be in Army on release.

Xeurian, JoKeR, Lesh' and 6 others like this.
  4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

If Bolts will go or get the Haramaki threatment, then I will definitly not buy the replacement. I own already seven out of nine Bolts (gladly, I did not paint them yet ;-). I will only believe when I see it but I am afraid this will be totaly possible.

Edit: Ah there is hope, I have to paint them ;-)

5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

So they're coming in November?

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Which means exactly what people are saying: Bolts are not in N4 altho, honestly, I don't know why they don't do the logical thing and axe MO

7. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

cool, but he mentions that ForCo is due for release (timestamp 01:27:20) on Sept. 25. So are we to conclude that it will not include bolts? Will they be added in November? Will other sectorial armies have missing pieces to be added later?

LaughinGod and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Overall, Bolt comments causing confusion

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Rather - the information about Bolts, which pissed off about as many people as the possibility of no Tohaa at all in N4, is another example of poor communication at an event by CB employees. Imprecise, off-hand, seems like trolling even. And this after new sculpts and recent fixing of Bolts in N3.

Really, this is not a respectful stance towards customers heavily (financially, timewise, emotionally, etc.) invested in your product.

wuji and Graves like this.
  10. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

Respectful or not; in over 20 years tabletop, this is nothing new for me. :/ I lost many money at games I don't play anymore.

11. Nuada Airgetlam

Then how about we start showing those companies that it's not acceptable anymore? Or are we gonna keep taking it for the next 20 years?

emperorsaistone and wuji like this.
  12. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Swings and roundabouts, not much to be done, né? Companies change how they’re going to change, and we either stay in or get out, né?

13. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

If you try to protests it, better donit like we did Morats, and even then it will take 4 years to see any changes and 5 years before you hear that they are getting a complete look over, but supposedly so is every other army.

With 9 models, honestly Bolts dont needs new sculpts just yet. Only different loadouts. Even making some of them camo state mim-3 and forward deployment 2 would have been fine. With mine later and dropbears. They've already got TO and ODD upfield, this would not break their army. Just spitballing ofcourse.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Well, people did it and GW changed their customer approach drastically. If it can be done with a moloch like GW, it can surely be done with a comparatively mom-and-pops outfit like CB.

15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

RULES guys. Focus here! lol That's what the thread is. But since the knight was mentioned. I'm wondering how they are going to work Holoechoes in N4.

wuji and Errhile like this.
  16. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

No? I am ok with the most rules and take N4 and Kosmoflot as chance for a new start. I'm 40+ years old and can look calmly about this and I am not on a point to cancel this lovely game. Sorry for that.

Cthulhu363, Alfy, Errhile and 7 others like this.
  17. Nuada Airgetlam

40k didn't get "canceled" by people, what are you on about. There's grayscale between not doing shit all and giving up on all product by the company.

It's not like they're AK-Interactive ;)

18. A Mão Esquerda

I’m interested to see how all the types of Holo/NFB/Mimetism work.

wuji likes this.
  19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

From what I've heard from insiders, CB is not mom and pop. Smaller than GW for sure but CB came on the scene with something no one else had before and that gave them a meteoric rise but what often happens to stars than rise like that...

That being said, it's still an incredibly good game and I'll admit my appreciation of what CB was doing back in the day could have been better even if Morats were getting the short stick. I should have recognized they had plans and it wasn't to give MAF the shaft but to focus on expanding the game and staying on schedule. I understand MAF just got overlooked as many things do.

We should definitely keep the thread on track though.

I'll settle for Morat rule speculation or what variety of rules are Morats getting...

20. A Mão Esquerda

With the move away from nested rules, I’d imagine no more Morat rule, but rather the individual components all listed. Gives more of an opportunity to play around with Morats.

wes-o-matic likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation