1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Kokram

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Knauf, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity how often has anyone had Kokram use his engineer skill while linked? I have yet to actually have Kokram actually use the engineer skill on his link. I had him in both lists for a 3 round event and the only time when it looked like he potentially might need to use it Jeong was also hanging out in the same link.

I think he's got a really well rounded profile but I'm starting to wonder if I should give Tai Sheng a bit more of a run.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I very rarely have reason to use Engineers in links. If there's something decommissioning the link that isn't damage, it'll usually decommission Krit as well. Engineer is not similar to Doctor in this respect. Points are usually tight, though.

3. Triumph

Yeah when I think about it the list that was designated to drop into hacking opponets (and got thrown at Tunguska) had Jeong in there specifically because I couldn't run the risk of only having a hackable engineer. Krit was added during reiteration purely because the link needed NCO badly to make sure it could get the job done.

4. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried putting him in a haris with a Zuyong and Yanhuo?

5. Triumph

I've played him in a Haris pretty extensively, never with a Yan Huo though. I've had lists start with that Haris but the Yan Huo inevitably gets replaced by the Shang Ji as I finalise it. The extra order has always won out vs +1BS.

If I could get the HRMC in there I'd be game but unfortunately B6 remains a Nomad only toy.

the huanglong likes this.
  6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with the Yan Huo haris is that the unit you're building it around is its biggest problem. Cut out the Yan Huo and your options become a lot more attractive.

7. Triumph

Honestly the Yan Huo isn't even that bad in the Haris, it's just the Shang Ji makes it look like shit and the FTO restrictions vs the Kriza feel asinine.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

But... is the +1 burst on EXP shot over DA in the reactive turn really good enough to fork out the opportunity cost of blocking the Haris? For just a few more points you get a slightly better long range range band and an active burst that doesn't depend on not having two more bodies around you.
    Generally speaking, the Yan Huo doesn't really want to go anywhere, after all.

And no, I don't agree that the Shang-Jesus makes Yan Huo look bad, the Yan Huo is a bit of a difficult proposition to swallow when you're making a list that's balancing the knife edge. Shang-Jesus mostly just highlights how costly the Yan Huo is for an S5.

9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

So the missile FTO still isn't even a consideration? One day I am going to hit something with 3 missiles.

10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

3 missile hits sounds impressive until you remember that a model that loses its last wound won't get any more dead than it already is, no matter how charred the corpse.

11. Triumph

The rangebands kinda make it unattractive as an active turn weapon. You take alot of firefights under 24".

I mean you make a good point of the internal competition of the Yan Huo makes the MHMG look like shit too.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation