1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jujaks and Korean character

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Jul 22, 2021.

1. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

On the only bright side, she will probably be useful in Frostbyte with those E/M mines.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Andromeda is an outlier, but are you seriously saying that Krit isn't a very good character that has an exceptional role?

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

In N4, maybe, but I've never been impressed by him.

4. Mahtamori

*shrug* Andromeda was pretty meh in N3 as well. Things change.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Krit is an example of a character that synergises well with its faction while being really good but not over the top game dominating. You get good use out of him, he feels good, but he's not stupid cheap and he won't carry a game on his own shoulders.

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

7. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

It looks like they are trying to turn the pinnacle of medicare that So Ra is into a joke.
    I'm still gonna try to buy Spitfire Jujak alone on FB group instead of entire box...

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

"The new box of the Jujak Regiment, the Korean-born Heavy Infantry which comes out this month in Infinity, includes Sergeant So-ra Kwon. Kwon is a character that nobody expected because she wasn’t included in the N4 book, but that is part of the strategy of making this wargame alive, constantly evolving, and not necessarily restricted to the release of new books."

I don't get it. Release a shitty boring character that's practically useless, for a HI that's considered a waste of space in lists and this equals a marketing strategy to keep interest in the game alive?

@Bostria Que? Seriously you're wasting our time on this trash instead of sculpting profiles people actually fucking use? Where's my goddamn HRL Hun Dun? I don't want to wait half an edition for that model thanks. We get a spiel about SKU bloat being an issue, well maybe if you lot stopped putting shit sculpts for shit profiles nobody asked for it'd be less of an issue. You could've stuck 2 Hun Dun in that box and saved space, or Long Ya, or Madtraps, or Koalas, or any amount of models people actually want not a repackaged sculpt you already made to double as a shit character nobody wants.

#348 Triumph, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Space Ranger likes this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

*”¿Cómo?”, not “Que?”

Ashtaroth and Cthulhu363 like this.
  10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Well, disappointing, but mostly unsurprising. The only thing that really stood out was that she's not even a wildcard. I wasn't expecting her to be able to form her own Jujak team, I felt that was already expecting a bit much, but not even the apparent N4 character standard.

Oh well, hard pass.

Space Ranger and Hecaton like this.
  11. Mahtamori

More like: isn't that what they've done for coming up on decades now?

12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Sad to see. Who is this for? It feels neither attractive enough to bring on the new shiny, or matching the expectations of existing Yu Jing players. Snapping me out of Yu Jing pokemonitis is a real shame for the retailers.

Space Ranger, Golem2God and Hecaton like this.
  13. Hecaton

The staff, apparently.

14. the huanglong

Do they play Infinity?

Ariwch likes this.
  15. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This sums it up for me. I love the look of the jujaks and was pretty ready to buy. But after sitting back and thinking about when I'd actually use these models beyond the 1 I've already got came up nada.
    So they got left off the order for now.

16. Hecaton

Very good question lol

17. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

It's a really painful situation. They really are such incredibly lovely models, absolutely gorgeous work by the design staff on this one. But man, I can't justify it. My backlog is so long right now (thanks, Defiance!) that I can't just throw another box on there of stuff that I'll never use. And I won't ever use it as it is now.

Personally, looking at them in their current state with as few adjustments as possible, I'd pay however many points it takes to get breaker ammo on every profile outside the missile launcher, and albedo standard. Problem solved, I'd run the shit out of them. So Ra, too.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. the huanglong

Immunity: continuous damage and link options that aren't revolting would be all it takes for me.

19. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Yeah, if it's gonna be a bit of a blech profile, at least having it be thematically interesting would feel worth playing. I'm a sucker for fluffy crap - it gives me a feeling of moral victory even when I lose horribly for playing sub-optimal lists/profiles.

20. archon

archon Well-Known Member

So they named So-Ra after their Marketing Assistent and make the box in the same breath a bad example of Marketing?

Giving a box which contens is not working Together in the game it is meant for.

It is not. Only profile that we miss is Engineer with BSG. So I get a lousy proxy? I can use the Kaldström Jujak, thank you. I don't want a proxy! :rage:

I want a box that help me to enjoy the game, that let me make good use of the content of it.

Is it so hard to make the rules usefull with the Release of the box and this oh so mediocre Charakter that surprise its players in a way that she is not playable out if the box and only a Proxy?

What kind of Marketing is that?

#360 archon, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation