1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jujaks and Korean character

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Jul 22, 2021.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

You thought that was snow on the bases?

2. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ye Mao Haris isn’t bad with a SJ…

3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Ye Mao hacker is actually pretty legit. It and Guilang are some of the few troopers in the game that combine MSV and hacking with smoke access for the ability to force normal rolls against hackable targets. The Guilang gets the benefit of WIP14, mines, and half-table deployment; but the Ye Mao can link with a tinbot, has a DTW, and an AP gun. Whichever flavour you choose, it's a dirty good combination if you can set it up and play it right.

Rest of the Ye Mao profiles I don't really care about, but the hacker is good stuff.

4. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Do you usually just do one Ye Mao and Shang Ji-sus? Or do you add a third guy (Ye Mao or another wildcard) to the Haris?

5. Weathercock

I've not had the chance to deal with this particular trick, but the haris I have in mind is as follows:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    SHÀNG JÍ (Tactical Awareness) AP Heavy Machine Gun, Chain-colt ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 49)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Tactical Awareness) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)
    YĚ MĀO (Hacker, Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 31)

3.5 SWC | 118 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Or

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    SHÀNG JÍ (Tactical Awareness) AP Heavy Machine Gun, Chain-colt ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 49)
    LÉI GŌNG Shock Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser, Blitzen / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 34)
    YĚ MĀO (Hacker, Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 31)

2 SWC | 114 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(switch to alternate Lei Gong profile as needed)

Lawson likes this.
  6. Arschbombe

Arschbombe Well-Known Member

The Jaded Empire.

the huanglong, Zewrath, Knauf and 2 others like this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The Ye Mao KHD is good because it can go into cybermask. The rest are ok. To expensive for me. But I also don't care for the look.

Can anyone honestly say this new character is actually good? I've seen comments about how salty everyone is about it but not a single one actually defending it. She's really not bad. But that's it. She's not good either. I want a character I that I want to take all the time. I want a McMurough/Achilles/Jax/Jeanne/Nourkias damn it! Instead we got a character with an inferior shock spitfire in a game where HI is more popular or Shock Immunity. Sure, she has E/Mines so she could brick a TAG. Then what? She has no weapons to actually kill it after that! BS14? are you kidding me? BS12 and Mimetisim is better than that! At least a Yan Huo has a real gun and Hsien has MSV2. The heavy flamethrower is the Jujak thing and they down grade her to light flamethrower? That shock ammo and E/M mines must take up a lot of room for her to not have a HFT. It's stuff like this tells me they either don't play their own game anymore or they just don't like Yu Jing. They are going the way of GW and only pushing out Space Knights over and over again.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Engineer pairs well with the hacker and Shang Ji, linking unhackable Engineer is always gonna be useful for those two profiles to have following them around.

9. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

She is linkable with Zhanshi. So the -6 Tinbot could protect your Zhanshi Hackers if you play a hacking heavy list.
    But in general, she sadly is just a worse Lei Gong.

Interesting thing is the Tinbot in the box while she is equipped with the Combi/Light-Flamer which has no Tinbot.

10. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Would you seriously take Ye-Mao instead of Jujak for this? I find Ye-Mao so overcosted for what it brings. Sure MSV1 is good, Mimetism is always nice, Super Jump for some shenanigans, but the unit is squishy AF for ~30 points it costs. I'd rather Jujak all the time.
    There's also Tian Gou - pretty decent unit, even though I never find points to field it. Guilangs 4 life.

fatherboxx likes this.
  11. nazroth

Jujaks Breaker Combi and BSG has Tinbot as well, so it's part of the overall Jujak profile.

Zewrath and zapp like this.
  12. Weathercock

Again, the Ye Mao hacker can force normal rolls. The Jujak has no way of doing this.

13. nazroth

Sure, but is this such a dealbreaker? Seems pretty situational, requires you to live through enemy Alpha Strike.
    I Imagine dragging two template wielding Jujaks, one of which is also an Engineer, alongside a Shang-Ji is pretty deadly regardless of circumstances.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that also requires getting Shaolin close enough and at least around these parts of the woods impetuous units below 15 points tend to not make it very far across the mid-field because smoke grenades in general are just too dangerous to let into your DZ.

15. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So I think this comes down to one question with your Haris, what is big in your meta? If hacking is super big in your meta, I see the value of an unhackable Engineer rise exponentially.

nazroth likes this.
  16. archon

archon Well-Known Member

How? She can duo and get into Shang fireteam as far as we know.

Without a visor.

This is my biggest problem with her.

Why CB give her two profiles that did not match with her WYSIWG Layout and but a tinbot in the box, that is only useable with with one of her loadouts, that is not displayed at the miniature? That makes ... not so much sense. So the only way to play her WYSWIG is to not play her as herself, but as a line-Jujak with Combi/HF + Tinbot.

Her profile is bit boring. So why make a charakter after all? And the loadout issue. I don´t want to proxy a loadout, sadly I have to do, because the MMR loadout is more appealing after all, due to the range of the gun.

My hope: So-Ra count as a Shang-Ji for fireteam composition + NCO or TA and imm.(cont.dam)

My expectation: At least NCO

What I got: BS 14 Dam+1 a gun with more range, that is not sculptet on the model so I have to prox her loadout and some mines, at least this would be useful.

And I got tinbot #3 in the box, that give me a character that I don´t want (and that lakes exictment for a new character model) instead of a engineer profile that I want *sigh*

17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think because they literally made a mistake. She was probably meant to be a breaker-combi all along. But she was accidently modeled with a a regular combi. They decided to justify it by making it a character but put no thought into it all. Instead of getting lemons out of lemonade they got piss!

If I actually could make changes I'd want the the HFT on all profiles.
    Make her BS Attack (Continuous damage)
    BS back down to 13
    AP or Breaker Marksman Rifle (she's on a world fighting Jotums damn it!)
    DA CCW Just so WB can do the damn missions where you need it!

the huanglong likes this.
  18. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah her profile is definitely interesting…

I don’t think we really need a DA CC with someone who has no CC, WBA is pretty good at Mindwipe/L&S, we got a lot of options and units who cover punching scenery.

I think her weaponry is kinda boring, we could have seen like a breaker mmr. Even a breaker combi with the +1 dam would be cool.

#258 ldgif, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  19. Moxie

Moxie Well-Known Member

I think the unit info must just have been a error, I am sure once its in army it will have some more rules, almost feels more like a bear bone code one character right now.

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Cross-referencing against Tai Sheng, So-ra's price doesn't indicate missing equipment or skills. She's just got very basic stuff.

(I'm getting 1 point off when building with a price variance of +/-1 point, so there is the possibility of missing Sensor, NCO or Panzerfaust, but not anything more expensive than that - but that's the wishful thinking scenario. The realistic scenario is that she's not missing any thing and that she, unusually for a character, wasn't made to expand on the sectorial's capabilities)

Lawson and Triumph like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation