1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Corregidor Video Battle Report!

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Kaneda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Kaneda

Kaneda Active Member

Hi guys,

I've just uploaded a Corregidor video battle report on my YouTube channel. I think you'll enjoy it. It's an interesting game against Haqqislam and their dreaded Ghazi! Subscribe to my channel if you like the report.

Thanks,
    Kaneda

perseus and loricus like this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Finally got a chance to poke around but I don't have time for the full thing right now, I'll watch it thru later. Well done!
    I really like this list but I would have swapped the Bandit and Intruder. I find that situation calls for using both McMurrough and Intruder on the same turn early game and I like to have their orders split. I'll see how that works out when I actually watch it.
    I also like the MSR instead of HMG on the Alguacil link because it gives me the possibility to take on TR bots and HRL AROs using the extended rangeband, then gives me a little more power in ARO. Well, ok it's 50% because I want them to be police with a sniper.

3. jimbo slice

jimbo slice Well-Known Member

I haven't played CJC in a while, but I was always a fan of the Jaguar Haris team. It's a lot easier to move a three man team up the field than a five man, and that's really where Massacre and the Jags want to be. It's also benefits from being cheap enough to slot into a variety of list themes/builds.

Kaneda, loricus and nazroth like this.
  4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Edit: just editing this with reactions.

Daylami have Limited Camo which does not provide Mimetism, and a Fireteam of 4+ has SS2 ignoring surprise shot. The Daylami vs. Alguacil the Alguacil would have been a flat 14 BS (-3 cover +3 range +3 Fireteam).

McMurrough vs. Lasiq AHHHHH. I would have canceled!

So far every order on the Intruder would have been better with the MSR. Good demo on why I like that profile.

With NWI Saladin would have been fine anyways.

Not sure if you applied it but the Lasiq Viral Rifle does have an x-visor making that bad range 0 BS on -3.

Finally he could have at least picked a box up with Saladin, Lasiq, or anyone else that had Courage or Religious. They can act in retreat. You can use command tokens to turn some irregular orsers regular to fuel them. Might have been able to tie.

Anyways to your questions:

I use CC on McMurrough a lot but I wouldn't against a list like that. His CC is like an anti-tank weapon.

I don't really use the Jaguar Core, they can be killed off like dominos once the first goes down and it can leave a big order gap if I'm too aggressive.

With the Jag Haris I basically use it exactly as you did, they're sort of a defensive utility. I even surround tokens a lot. They also present a constant threat of tearing through
    an opening but my opponent doesn't usually make that mistake. Again their CC is more for anti-tank or to get past visual mods, if there's no good target I won't spend the effort.

#4 loricus, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Kaneda likes this.
  5. Kaneda

Kaneda Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I also like the Jaguar Haris for the reasons that you both listed above.

Ioricus, good catch with the Daylami. With my fireteam spread out on different levels I completely forgot about them, and their sixth sense bonus. My opponent didn't actually apply a surprise shot bonus in the game. That was me making a commentary error.

The thinking with McMurrough moving towards the lasiq in turn one was that after my opponent had run away back to his deployment zone with the contents of the tech coffins, I needed to start moving troops up the board to retrieve them. I felt some risks needed to be taken with the 'free impetuous order' to achieve all that I wanted in the turn, and move closer to taking objectives from my opponent. It was risky, but worked out in the end. Even if the lasiq had won the exchange, with BTS 3 McMurrough should make one of his two BTS saves from the viral shot, and then the jaguars can throw smoke in front of him to get him into cover further up the board. If Al-Djabel had revealed in a later order, he would have got two chain rifle shots to the face. I guess players have different opinions on what is acceptable damage, or an acceptable risk.

Yes, the x-visor 0 modifier was applied to the lasiq viral rifle shot. That move was more about getting the panzerfaust into good range and improving my shot.

You are right about Saladin's NWI, and about improving the orders situation when my opponent was in retreat in turn three. As I mentioned in the video, he was distraught after losing so many troops in his turn two, and even missed an opportunity for Al-Djabel to potentially wipe out my haris team. As soon as he realised that he was in retreat he conceded the game. I agree that there were still things he could have done in turn three, but he was mentally broken by what happened in turn two. A more experienced opponent would have continued with the game, and maybe got a draw.

Thanks again for your feedback, it was very useful. And thanks for the compliment.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation