1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Battle Box in 2020

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Azuset, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm reasonably confident it will be. Unfortunately it will be those new figs then we wont see more for a few years.

Edit: I'm irked about how they still haven't made figs for existing stuff.

Tibooper and Azuset like this.
  3. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure everyone is. It would be awesome if they could grow there business enough to get a bigger manufacturing facility. .

Section9 and csjarrat like this.
  4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

It's not a question of them "growing their business enough". They've repeatedly stated they keep things artificially limited to avoid tax implications.

There's also the simple fact that they refuse to do any number of things that could actually allow for them to fill gaps in profiles and the like without necessarily overtaxing themselves. Things like alternate arms/heads in boxed sets, larger quantities of figures in boxed sets, etc.

csjarrat likes this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

That will always be. I doubt there will ever be a point when we have a mini for every profile for every mini.

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

People would proxy a lot less if they just put alternate arms or something. Like think what would happen if they gave the Hulang an SMG arm.

Section9 likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Just like how Pan-O and Ariadna hasn't seen any new releases the past two years?

That's not really how CB operates. There's no such quotas which says "faction can only have X number of new miniatures per year". Besides, if they make a particularly nice YJ miniature, we can always have one of Tohaa's release slots...

8. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

My guess is that is what 0-12 is for.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Doubt that, too.

Pan-O and Ariadna are sort of approaching feature completion faster than the others and if anything we'll see a slow down there because of them having a higher number of current models, but we might also see increased release slots from CB, particularly if Spain overhauls their business brackets or if CB says "fuckit, big company here we come", or potentially see some of those re-pack slots become new unit slots as the old models are discontinued, replaced, or already re-packed.

10. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I like them keeping it smaller scale and private as going public and getting investment for expansion often ends up diluting the niche the company has grown in.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

As I understand CB's current problem, they are right at the top of their current tax bracket as a business and don't have a visible way to get into the middle of the next tax bracket. If they do go up a tax bracket, they will lose money. Anyone who has gone up a tax bracket unexpectedly knows what I'm talking about.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation