1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nehemiah Hobby's Painting Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by nehemiah, Feb 13, 2021.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Been a bit since I have painted anything from my O-12, but I finished up a most important piece. Since I the Yudbot has mimitism, I am painting it with the red and blue lights and will be carrying this motif over to other units with mimitism.

YudBot-01_01.jpg YudBot-01_02.jpg

YudBot-01_03.jpg YudBot-01_04.jpg

2. nehemiah

Finished up the Deltas.

Delta 01.jpg

Delta 02.jpg

Delta 03.jpg

Delta 04.jpg

Attached Files:

Abydog, Wizzy, Sangarn and 11 others like this.
  3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

They look awesome. Now you have to play a game with all four in them and tell us how it went! :D

nehemiah likes this.
  4. nehemiah

I am going to need to get Cuervo and the crushers painted for the full Combat Jump experience.

Oni and burlesford like this.
  5. nehemiah

Painted up my Rui Shi for the Bromad Acadamy & WarGarage painting competition for the last quarter of 2023. Pretty happy with the color scheme I came up with, and should work well on the rest of my JSA with little alterations. Also happy to have my first JSA unit painted!

Rui Shi 01.jpg

Rui Shi 02.jpg

Rui Shi 03.jpg

Rui Shi 04.jpg

Rui Shi 05.jpg

Rui Shi Detail Back.jpg

Rui Shi Detail Front.jpg

Abydog, redeemer, Wizzy and 11 others like this.
  6. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Great stuff. Love the Deltas, especially since they are on my table as well :)

nehemiah likes this.
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I really like the warning and service writing on the chassis, makes the model look so much more real and functional.

nehemiah likes this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Oh wow, what a beauty. Those freehands look amazing!

nehemiah likes this.
  9. nehemiah

Finished up all my brawlers for Spiral Corps. I wanted to try out painting a see-through effect for the faceplates, and wanted to try out 2 different whites on the same model. Then I got a little carried away with a unifying pattern on the shoulder. Glad to have them all finished, and ready to move on to a new project.

Brawlers 01.jpg
    Brawlers 02.jpg
    Brawlers 03.jpg
    Brawlers 04.jpg
    Brawlers 05.jpg
    Brawlers 06.jpg
    Brawlers 07.jpg
    Brawlers 08.jpg

Abydog, infyrana, redeemer and 15 others like this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is such a lovely colour theme.

nehemiah likes this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Oh that's you! Saw these on the facebook group and was blown away by the hand-painted faces. Incredible job! They look wonderfully creepy :D

Abydog and nehemiah like this.
  12. nehemiah

Thanks, I am pretty happy with them, and to have them finished. They were definitely a slow project.

burlesford likes this.
  13. nehemiah

When the Monstrucker was first announced, its giant boots reminded me of the live action/best Mario movie, so I knew how I wanted to paint him, and when I got him I trimmed up his mullet and mustache and removed the 66 from his pant leg.
    When the second was announced I hoped it would be a tall, lanky one that I could paint as Luigi. When it turned out to be a lady version, I decided I could add some greenstuff bangs and paint her as Peach. Then I thought about how I could give her a sweet tattoo of an intertwined Chain Chomp and a Piranha Plant.
    Then I never got around to painting them until now.

Monstruckers 01.jpg

Monstruckers 02.jpg

Monstruckers 03.jpg

Monstruckers 04.jpg

Monstruckers Detail 01.jpg Monstruckers Detail 02.jpg

Monstruckers Detail 03.jpg Monstruckers Detail 04.jpg

Monstruckers Detail 05.jpg Monstruckers Detail 06.jpg

14. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Brilliant! What a clever conversion!

nehemiah likes this.
  15. nehemiah

Finished up my Daiyokai for the Bromad and War Garage quarter 1 painting challenge. I had a lot of fun working on this one, and really trying to push the different patterns on the large flat areas, and pushing source lighting for the glowing bits.

Daiyokai 01.jpg Daiyokai 02.jpg

Daiyokai 03.jpg Daiyokai 04.jpg

Daiyokai Detail 01.jpg Daiyokai Detail 02.jpg Daiyokai Detail 03.jpg

Daiyokai Detail 04.jpg Daiyokai Detail 05.jpg Daiyokai Detail 06.jpg

Jumara, infyrana, Brokenwolf and 5 others like this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Those are some insane freehands my man. I stand no chance against that XD Really really great work. Can you go a bit into more detail on your inspiration for all the different parts? The crab motive, the hammer, the freehands?

Abydog likes this.
  17. nehemiah

The inspiration to do the initial conversion of the crab on the hat came from seeing my buddy Adam from The Dice Abide's work on his Daiyokai conversion where he gave it an octopus hat. I chose the crab because I had heard about the Heike crab from a trashy novel called the Ninja I read in my teens. The conversion set around for awhile until Adam showed off that he had converted a bunch of JSA units for his Dashat to give them different Ninja and Samurai weapons. Not wanting my conversion to look lazy in comparison, I decided I would modify my Daiyokai's weapons too, but I was in a small predicament because he had already used most of the more recognizable and common weapons. So searching for traditional Samurai weapons I came across a print of a samurai with a siege mallet that was bigger than his torso, and I felt like that would work well for a DA weapon, and because the Daiyokai was so large it could carry it in one hand, with its sword in the other.

When it came to painting I knew that I wanted to paint it black to give it stark contrast with some of the neon lights, but I had already made some choices on the color of the army with my Rui Shi, so I decided the leg guards would have the more military green, and the bright yellow stripe. after I had them I though they needed a little more going on, so thinking back to the Rui Shi and the unit icon I had painted I thought I could do a small pattern, in the middle of the yellow strip, but then I just kept expanding it until I realized I had to paint it across the entire part. After completing that pattern I really didn't want to have to do it again on the other side, so thinking back to the Rui Shi, and the Rui Shi I had painted on it, I thought I could paint a crab on it. So I searched for a good image of the crab with the Samurai face on their back, and having only known about them from a book I read close to two decades ago, I was slightly unprepared for how weird they really look, and was a little annoyed with myself for not doing that when I first modeled the crab. I found a great illustration of a Heikegani by an artist named Richard Longhi and used it as reference for the crab painting. The Dragon on the scabbard was a node to the Dragon painted on the original Musashi figure's Hakama. The back banner took the most time for me to decide on as it was such a large surface, and I wanted to do another pattern rather than anything to image related, because I wanted to paint the Daiyokai icon glowing. The cross line pattern with dots in the line seemed to be a pretty common one in wood block prints and seemed more simple than a lot of the others, so that is what I settled on there. The freehand Kanji are those for Daiyokai, and the number on the hand is something silly I decided to do which is to paint a reminder of the max points cost of the unit onto the mini.

burlesford and Brokenwolf like this.
  18. nehemiah

Got my third mini for JSA painted and photographed. Another buddy of mine has been using pearlescent paints on a some of his minis, and then using a glaze or speedpaint over it to give a candy coat effect to the mini, and I was really inspired to paint Samsa like a green beetle, and wanted to see if I could get the effect to work. For Samsa's skin tone and weapons I drew inspiration from the old Exrah color schemes since Samsa is a survivor from the Concordat, and I also wanted them to look kinda gross to contrast with the shiny beetle armor.

Samsa 01.jpg Samsa 02.jpg

Samsa 03.jpg Samsa 04.jpg

Abydog, jherazob, Uthoroc and 4 others like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you! The points cost on the hand are my favorite XD
    And congratulations on the win!

Also, Samsa looks absolutely amazing.

nehemiah likes this.
  20. nehemiah

Thanks!

Congratulations to you too. That Stigmata is so crisp, and I love the lightning work you did on its E/M weapon.

burlesford likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation