1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some advice against Specfire lists

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Azuset, Dec 21, 2019.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Not surprising to see a list like that swept away by grenades, there's very little remote can do to avoid being blown away in a couple of orders. The Heavy Infantry should have been able to dance for a bit or tank a few hits, but someone decided to shave their PH.

2. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Well yes, basically because PH is an expensive attribute and each point is worth 2 points. It just happens that Gutier found once again the way to continue cheating his designs, sadly he cheats everywhere but in YuJing. The Betatroppers from O12 (which IMHO should be a YuJing unit like the Hollowmen but that's another story) found the way: PH 12 but add Hyperdinamics, it costs less than PH 14.

IMHO, all our HIs could swap Kinematica lvl 1 with Hyperdinamics lvl 1. Heck additionally give up on one of Zuyong's breaker pistols even if it's needed. YUJING DESERVES IT.

Joametz and the huanglong like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

PH 12->13 costs about 1 point. 13->14 is about 2.
    Kinematika L1 doesn't cost points.
    Hyper-Dynamics costs about 1 point.
    I haven't been able to reverse the cost of the additional Breaker Pistol, it's possible it is 0 points.

Not saying it would be a bad idea, just saying there would be consequences on the price.

4. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Do you have a document for the formula that you have reverse engineered?

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Nope and I wouldn't [be allowed to / feel honourable] sharing it.

Shang-Ji isn't too difficult to reverse-engineer and it's been fairly consistent that both WIP and PH seem to cost +2 points when going from 13 to 14 *for slightly costlier units*. Cheaper units like Celestial Guards don't seem to have this extra cost and really cheap units like Shaolin have really weird and compressed costs and abilities to prevent them from being cheaper than 5.

6. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

To talk from the point a guy who plays Spec Fire from time to time, yes it is non-interactive but there is two reasons to put a full turn in spec fire instead of anything less :
    - Your opponent plays a lot of units packed together in small clusters of 3-5 guys, servants and synchronised included : it is just a matter of effectiveness. Instead of using orders to take position, risking to get screwed in the way, I prefer to take the low risk option that has a good odds to be effective at some point.
    - You have deployed so that I can't achieve nothing during my turn without risking stuff I could need next turn. If the only solution you give me is to sacrifice something to get nothing, I don't see why I would play your game. I'll spec fire the units I can that are a real threat to my plan and let you make the real first move.

So yes, very non-interactive but that's mostly because my opponent doesn't really want to interact with me during the first turn too or in a way that I'm really not interested in. So, if you are known to play one way or the other, that's not surprising to see a Squalo HGL showing up. But keep also in mind that he is paying 95 pts and 2.5 SWC for this so it leaves a lot of gap elsewhere that you could use to win.

I know that it is really not interesting but sometimes, it's the only non-suicidal solution to play the game.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

As far as the banning cards analogy goes, all the Main Battle TAGs (Squalo, Guijia, Lizard, Mag Guard, Raicho, and I think Avatar) had an HGL profile in N1/N2. Most of those were removed in N3, bringing it down to just TWO TAGs with HGL (Squalo and Lizard).

Though personally, I think the bigger SpecFire threat is LGLs in Fireteams.

As has been mentioned, Daofei + Guilang Minelayer + Guilang Sniper is fun. Adding a Ninja deploying as a Camo Marker and maybe even a Zhencha is entertaining. Oh, and a Daoying LT2 for that last 'screw you'.

Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]8
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    DÀOFĚI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 48)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    GŬILÁNG MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
    GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)

4 SWC | 232 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(Rui Shi and KSCD included for smoke+MSV shenanigans, multiplied by Supportware.)

It is absolutely vital to deploy spread out, though. Remember that even G:Sync units can be 8" away from each other.

Azuset likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation