1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with the Haqqislam paining scheme

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by zappod, Dec 19, 2017.

1. zappod

zappod Active Member

Hey guys!

I like to paint close to the original painting scheme - I own both books form Angel Giraldez sadly I'm missing quite a few coulor-schemes for Haqqislam...

[​IMG]

Which colors for the helemts - shoulders and for the trousers?

You would realy help me with that - thanks in advance!

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

#2 Golem2God, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  3. Tarot

Tarot New Member

If you're going for the more khaki whites, I'd look at the recipes in vol 2 for Ariadna, those should be roughly the same. The brown on the helmets looks like it matches the standard dark brown Haqq likes to use. As far as the more washed out green goes, though, I still havent' found a recipe that mimics the studio scheme well enough for my taste. The new Muyibs seem even more washed out than normal, though. I kind of wonder if there's something going on with the color correction in those photos...

Golem2God likes this.
  4. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If you're doing Vallejo model colour, I would say that the arms and boots are khaki, the green could be opaque green from that opaque line. The vest and helmet are charred Brown, and the pants are "terra". The green trim could be goblin green, but feel free to correct me.

That's just an off the cuff guess. The visor.. that could be a base of leather brown with an ochre highlight (or parasite Brown?) and a charred brown glaze to get the visor effect. I know Angel works with a variety of different Vallejo lines.

Edit: if you need the numbers, let me know and I'll post them as soon as I'm able. Again, this is just a guess.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

Haqqislam is really hard to emulate, in my experience. It is better to approximate. I also have a feeling that Angel changes his recipes often, particularly on Haqq.

From what I have gathered:
    Tans: Base is cork brown, and mixed with dark sand for highlighting, and ivory for the edges.
    Browns: Who knows. It seems different on every model and there is a lot of washing going on I believe. I use Flat earth as the general target colour. Any greenish brown would be good.
    Greens: Again, who knows. Each model is different. Green armor is different from green parts of uniform, and so on. Some kind of Olive green is what you're looking for.
    Grey: I think you want a green tone with the greys. As always, Haqqislam seems to be unified with greenish washes, and I think that is the key.

I've spent many hours working on this puzzle, and this is all I have to show for it. Angel's books offer insight into specifics, but the overall scheme is very difficult for me.

Belgrim and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation