1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCO & Coordinated Orders

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Cannon Fodder, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

If an NCO is part of a coordinated order, can you use an LT order as the regular order? Does it need to be the spearhead to do this?

NCO: This Special Skill allows its owner to use the Special Lieutenant Order, considering it as another Regular Order of their Combat Group.

Coordinated Order: To declare a Coordinated Order, you must spend 1 Regular Order and 1 Command Token.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As per the rules you quote, it allows the user to consider the LT order a Regular Order. The other members of the Coordinated Order would still consider it an LT order.

xagroth likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the order used for a coordinated order must come from the order pool (and NCO order is not there) but i can't find where I read this

Edit : found it : http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Coordinated_Orders

N3 Frequently Asked Question FAQ Version: 1.1
    Q: I have some AD troops. They are all in the same group and they are all Regular. Now:
    a) Can I use one of their personal Orders to do a Coordinated Order?

A: No. You need a Regular Order from the Order Pool.

So coordinated order need an order from the order pool so answer is No, you cannot use NCO order to coordinate

4. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

It's not a regular order unless the NCO uses it, and since the coordinated order seems to violate step 1 of the Order Expenditure Sequence, I would speculate that; no, it cannot be used that way.

5. Cannon Fodder

If you use that Logic you could not use the LT order on an NCO in a fireteam. But they ruled it that you could(see Below) as long as it was the team leader for the order. Which I why I think it would be possible as long as it was the spearhead. I haven't tried this it yet, but it does follow their existing logic.

NCO Game Example:
    In his Active Turn, Raktorak Wadek, designated as Team Leader of a Fireteam: Core of Suryats, declares the use of the Special Lieutenant Order via his NCO Special Skill. As this Special Skill allows this Order to be considered as a Regular Order, using it doesn't trigger the Fireteam Integrity rules, so the Raktorak remains part of the Fireteam.

If you look at the wording of NCO "Considering it as another Regular Order of their Combat Group." this would let it work.

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Coordinated Order requires spending a Regular Order from that Combat Group, on the troopers involved in the Coordinated Order.

NCO only lets you spend the LT Order on that trooper (or on a Fireteam if the trooper is the Team Leader).

DukeofEarl and xagroth like this.
  7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

This is so the NCO and the LT don't need to be in the same combat group to work.

8. Cannon Fodder

I'll go by this ruling. But he existing official example does lead to possibility of it working.

9. ijw

No it doesn't.

That's a specific exception for Fireteams, and even if it wasn't, the exception only allows you to spend the Order on the trooper's Fireteam.

10. Cannon Fodder

How are they not similar situations.

You have 2 rules that if followed exactly would not allow multiple models to leverage this function. Outside of the rules there is an official example making an exception as long as the point person(link leader) is has the ability(NCO). In situation 2, you have a very similar situation with point person (spear head) with the same ability (NCO) who cannot use this function, but there is no mention of this in the rules\FAQ which may have been an omission.

In both situation the point person is receiving the order (spending the order on themselves, as a regular order in their battle group), and other are following the point person. In my perspective the ruling for both situations should be the same.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The NCO rules don't really work for Fireteams anyway. We just act like they do because we know that they're supposed to work for Fireteams. So trying to draw parallels between the two interactions based on RAW is impossible.

Also, Spearheads don't work the same way between Antipodes and Coordinated Orders so the argument that "it's the same type of interaction it should work the same way" is not going to fly: precedence is that "it's the same type of interaction it's going to work differently".

My point being that this area of the rules is a mess and you can't generalise.

#11 inane.imp, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  12. ijw

Point 1. Examples are part of the rules. So there isn't something that is 'outside of the rules' involved.

Point 2. Coordinated Orders do not involve spending an Order on the Spearhead.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation