1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCA – The Demolition Crew

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, Jul 14, 2021.

1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Another new addition: A Hexa. After I had proxied her KHD profile with my Locust for a while, I decided that a) I wanted to try out the Spitfire as well, and b) the old model was just too gorgeous not to add to my collection. So I did a little conversion, and voilá:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And while we're talking about the Locust, let's add some high-quality pictures of him as well, shall we.

[​IMG]

Golem2God, Oni, Abydog and 5 others like this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

We're getting to the end of my new additions. In this case, the "addition" isn't even a whole mini – it's just a missile launcher. Decided to equip my Swiss Guard with the weapon he's actually using the most:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Awesome conversion. Is that a Magister's ML arm?

Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks! no, it's just a 3D print. Much easier to install :)

Abydog and Lady Numiria like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

The last new addition to my NCA (for now): Aida Swanson. Unlike most of the rest of the army, she got a high-quality paint job, which managed to win her 3rd place in the S1-S2 category of the most recent IGL Painting Competition.

I was happy to also be asked to serve as a judge on this season's panel (obviously without judging my own stuff), together with the always amazing Mr. Walmsley from Diomedeshobby and the fantastic Mr. Huijgen from Meangreenminis. You can hear our thoughts on all the wonderful entries in the next episode of the WIP12 podcast.

Anyway, here she is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I managed to take a group shot of my NCA. It's a whole bunch by now...

[​IMG]

7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

In the spirit of doing end-of-year reviews, here's everything I painted for my NCA last year:

[​IMG]

What's that you say, aren't there three more models in there I hadn't mentioned yet? That's true, I painted up two more Karhu for a second SWF list I wanted to try out (two B4 Feuerbach!) as well as a converted Bolt Missile Launcher a friend gifted me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gwaernydd, Golem2God, Oni and 6 others like this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

For the first time in a long time, I added something to my NCA again:

[​IMG]

In a somewhat sweet turn of events, my dad actually bought me something off my wishlist for Secret Santa last year. His exact words were: "What on earth is it supposed to be though?" Apparently Corvus Belli isn't very good in showing non-nerds what's inside their boxes...

[​IMG]

As always, since the new Squalo is Siocast, my joy in painting him was hampered quite a bit. Luckily, I didn't have to use the brush too much – most of it was done with my airbrush and oils.

For those who like to take a really close look, I hid a reference to my favorite TV show in one of the freehands. Let's see who finds it :)

[​IMG]

9. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

E pluribus anus * sounds like the motto on the Greendale community college flag
    [​IMG]

Which brings quite a fun synergy with the "Mk-I my ass" (read as "mark on my ass") on the leg which let me immediately check the TAG's behinds :grin:

10. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Love that rough look!

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Really nice, odd it is red though.

12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Yes! Always happy to find fellow community fans :) Now I think I should have put something on his ass XD

Thank you! Definitely not my cleanest work, but trying to paint Siocast cleanly is a pain in the butt anyway...

Why is it odd? My entire NCA are painted in dirty yellows and reds, this is just the first (of three) TAGs that went full red instead of a combination of the two.

Tristan228 likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Mostly because of that, it breaks the theme the other TAGs have, on the other hand it fits quite good with the Orcs been all red hence more armoured units been red.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation