1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCA asteroid blues frontline list

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Ruaridh, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

Hi playing against my brothers onyx this weekend.
    Using nca and he is a lot more experienced so looking for some opinions on a list here.

Ulhan
    Hexa killer hacker
    Hexa spitfire
    Auxillia FO
    Fusillier missile launcher
    Fusillier lieutenant
    Fusillier comb
    Machinist
    Palbot
    Fugazi
    Swissguard hmg

All feedback welcome :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Lightforge

Lightforge Well-Known Member

Well first off your lists is illegal if I'm not mistaken. Comes in at 7 SWC points for the Uhlan, Swiss, Hexa Spitfire and Fusilier Missile launcher.

Second I'm not sure I'd run both an Uhlan and a Swiss guard as they're gonna be competing for orders. Maybe trade the Swiss guard for a bulleteer dronbot with Spitfire as your back up attack piece as its faster and much cheaper.
    Since you're playing a sectorial (the best one there is ) I'd also try and take advantage of a Fireteam. Flesh out the fusiliers to a full 5 man core. Besides thar things will obviously also depend on mission and so forth. But most importantly if those are the models you enjoy, then go for it and have fun. Ask your brother for advice after the game and talk about what went well and what went less well.

andre61 likes this.
  3. SpectralOwl

What does your brother play? If he uses a lot of Camo it may be worth finding the points for an Aquila, or a Black Friar MULTI Rifle for your link. You also have a fairly obvious and poorly-guarded LT, so if you anticipate Impersonators or Superior Infiltrators a Bolt CoC is a must.

4. Ruaridh

So there is 7 swc as it is for the asteroid blues frontline mission which gives you an additional swc to use.

He is playing onyx contact force doesnt use much camo.

Went with the ulhan and the swiss as i find i struggled to beat his fire team with the fusillier one he seems to be able to beat the fusillier team in a fire fight so was trying to go for more solid attack peices.

Dont have any bulletters yet they are on the buy list next.

Any tips on the fire team if im to put one back in? They seem to just get pinned down in cover they he will use a pitcher to set up a repeater and break my fireteam anyway

5. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

In your case, the Uhlan is a good shot. It will be able to take down the Unidron Plasma Sniper rather effectively if you're not too shy with it. I'm more sceptical about your two Hexas here. But I don't know what your tables look like and what troops your brother like. The Swiss Guard here as a first/back up plan with the Uhlan seems the good call.

6. Ruaridh

He likes his hackers so i need the killer hacker. I could sub out the spitfire hexa for more fusiliers to complete the fireteam but that would end up with a combat group with 1 or 2 orders in it so was trying to go limited insertion

7. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Replace the Hexa Spitfire by a Black Friar Albedo in this case and upgrade your Machinist to the NCA option. The Black Friar can join the fusiliers in their FT.

8. Ruaridh

Why do you feel the blackfriar would be more useful than the hexa spitfire out of interest?

9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Hm I'd say the 3 of your Orders made inaccessible by TO Camo is a problem. You don't add the Orders of models in Hidden Deployment to your pool.

The main reason to play NCA is the Fusilier/CSU Link and AVA 3 Fugazis. It's pretty hard to built a single Combat Group list with that in mind. Also while the Uhlan has a great model and got buffed by receiving Tactical Awareness, he is still in a weird spot between Tikbalang, Swiss Guard and Cutter. The Feuerbach just makes him very expensive without much of a benefit aside from deadlier ammo for ARO shots. He is still a BS15 HMG with Camo, so he will kill stuff pretty easily.

To address the Order Problem a bit I'd swap the Hexa KHD for the Deva AHD (if you can find a point somewhere).
    The Hexa Spitfire is pretty great but doesn't see a lot of table time since NCA lists usually end up short on SWC and maybe prefer a faster and buffable Bulleteer instead.
    I like the Hexa since he can't be hacked and can sneak past stuf. But he defintely fares better in his own group to add another Assault piece next to an Aquila/Swiss Guard HMG in Group 1.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation