1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCA and Highly Classified on ITS 10

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Chade, Sep 9, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Blah, we have "updated" PDF so we can "legally" take all new Deva profiles bar the ones marked as OSS exclusive (Haris Sensor only atm.).

2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

3. Death

Death Well-Known Member

So wait, that means Neoterra has has the Deva AHD w/ Lightning? Omg, thats awesome. We got some potent hacking in Neoterra now.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

You want RAW or RAI answer ?

5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Whats the difference? lol

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Apparently (as @daboarder wrote) CB doesn't want to give new Deva's to NCA. This is RAI (rules as intended).

But the freshly released PDF doesn't say a word, so you are allowed to take any deva you wish unless it has an asterix saying it belongs only to OSS. This is RAW (rules as written)

Have fun.

7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Ah, then I'll wait till we get official word. Man, army updates are always a mess with CB.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Chade

Chade Member

Yeah. So apparently @ijw said in some other thread that: "Devas in NCA is waiting on official word from CB." So there is still hope!

In the mean time have you played Highly Classified already or any other mission where you ended up needing Veterans or Elites? How did it go for you and what models did you use?

9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Not having to default to the Hexa KHD would be nice.... and they're actually different enough not to cannibalize each other for once.

But then again
    PanO <---
    ---> nice things

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  10. daboarder

Warcor

youd probably still take the Hexa KHD, the Deva is an AHD with lightning, its good, but its not as good at eliminating other hackers as a KHD, particularly once you start including firewalls

11. Teslarod

Well there are a few things in favour of the Deva, if it's getting attacked close to your DZ you're probably not inside a Repeater but directly in range of a KHD.
    Devas get to laugh at Maestro, if they lose to begin with.
    I really don't like not getting the Order from the Hexa KHD and deploy him as Marker quite often.
    Defensively I think they're pretty much even - Deva has better raw Hacking - Hexa has better tricks and Marker State.

If they were both KHDs that would be pretty close for me already.
    But they're not, the Deva also gets to be an AHD, with all the capabilities of a KHD to defend. WIP15 Lightning with NWI BTS3 is up there with Interventors in terms of survivability. For an AHD that's unheard of.

Deva AHD synergizes better with high AVA REMs with Repeaters.
    If you are the one getting Firewall MODs, B2 WIP15 with BTS6 vs an opponent at -9 is almost always a better deal than the Hexa can get. And with the Deva being an AHD it's also an added layer of protection for our REMs.

It's a NWI BS12 BSG + Nanopulser, with ARM2 BTS3.
    Which means you can go shoot up a Chainrifle/Nanopulser dude without worrying. While a Combi would be okay as well (and a SMG would be borderline insane) a BSG gives you a better than usual ARO for the spot your Hacker will most likely be in - some corner or rooftop.
    CSUs solve a lot of issues for me, another backfield troop with the same weapon kit, that can use it's AHD against stronger threats while also being able to contest weaker stuff is very handy (although it lacks SSL1).

Pushing Buttons on 15s in PanO (while tanking single wound AROs). Another thing I'd be pretty happy about in NCA.

12. daboarder

Warcor

Oh hes great.

I was thinking more both

13. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

Devas must go unconcious due to maestro, they don't getting activate NWI

14. daboarder

Warcor

nah man they do, NWI is an UNC state, so they enter the UNC state which triggers the NWI choice, and therefore they go NWI

Teslarod likes this.
  15. Teslarod

Yeah I was thinking of a Swiss vs Aquila kind of thing.
    You kinda want both, but usually take one over the other.

It's a closer call here, but I'm pretty sure for me persoanlly I'd pick the Deva more often (assuming that one point doens't get me something important).

That said, NCA would be pretty damn good at competing in Hacking.

16. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

Just been told I'm wrong. Well there you go ;)

daboarder and Teslarod like this.
  17. daboarder

Warcor

Me too, absolutely no doubt about it, pairs up nicely wiht the other units i typically take in a list

18. Chade

Chade Member

That's one good analysis! I really like the idea of having both Deva AHD and Hexa KHD. I leave that Repeater there and when enemy comes hungrily for it and tries to nuke your Deva you reveal that Hexa and the the enemy is between rock and hard place with Lightning and Redrum coming for him. Sure you guys can still lose, but as said Deva with NWI just keeps on hacking in many cases. Also yeah, WIP 15 button pushing is just very good and hackers seem to get the most pluses as well. That's WIP 18 on Comms Center with two rolls friends. Not going to fail to 18, right?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation