1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narrative event: Treason - Tactica

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Ten Thousand Arrows, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

Perfect!

Well, if nothing else, the shitposting and memery have made Uprising somewhat worthwhile.

Borlois, Deltervees, xagroth and 4 others like this.
  2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I still won't play it outside narrative if what you say is true. If I understood you correctly, they have already hidden the +1SWC bonus inside that CBL list (in the way of reducing the SWC of 1 model which we could think was a typo but was actually intended) ? If that is true, then I cannot accept that my opponent try a CBL list that have a bonus and me not having any bonus. But if those CBL are balanced to be played in normal 300/6 tournaments then they'll be behind in narrative tournaments.

While the list can be legal for both tournament type; a static list can never stay the same strength in both tournament type.

Hecaton and xagroth like this.
  3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I wanted to share @Mahtamori more complete analysis. I don't believe the Narrative bonus are actually integrated in the CBL lists, so it is true that using CBL in the Narrative means not using any bonus at all compared to ISS players or other players.

xagroth likes this.
  4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

The CBLs have both bonuses and drawbacks. no one is arguing this.

my point is that they are an attempt at having your cake and eating it too, they try an do both. perhaps that is the point of only having a .5 SWC bonus in most cases. they've simply split the difference.

Keep in mind no one is forcing you to use these lists. it is very unlikely anyone will actually use them at all outside of a "Let's just have fun" type of game. I don't think I've ever seen the blizzard force CBLs used, although that may be for different reasons entirely.

Robock likes this.
  5. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

Aren't the CBL lists a separate faction from ISS? Like, if you are running ANY CBL lists from YanDuan, you have to run ALL your lists from YanDuan? You can't have a normal ISS list then.

6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Sure, but thematically they're ISS

Robock likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The lists change the SWC of the Missile Launcher Zhanying and the Haris Red Fury Pheasant as they please, in some lists they have the right cost, in others they get a 0.5SWC discount.
    Then in list A a Multi Sniper Rifle costs 0.5 SWC, that has NEVER happened, Dakinis, Alguaciles, etc... all pay 1.5 or more, the only Sniper Rifle that costs 0.5 SWC is the Shock one.

The only list with the right SWC values is E, which funnily enough costs 5 SWC.

Sorry, but I refuse to face a Yandun CBL, assuming they need an errata.

8. BenMoss

BenMoss Well-Known Member

As I think the only way out of the fluff mess at this point is to be able to point to CA involvement I'd suggest everyone build lists around the CA bonus instead.

They will probably have more allies from other factions too so let's just double down on that rather than split the resistance to the JSA between two separate piles.

Or just play ISS (making sure you have a Crane LT) and take the JSA bonus to represent the efforts of PsychoCrane.

9. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

they specifically state in the rules for the bonuses that if you play YuJing or ISS you have to take the ISS bonus.

xagroth and Robock like this.
  10. BenMoss

BenMoss Well-Known Member

I'd probably still pick the JSA or CA bonus and take the DQ on principle but that might just be me :(

Totally missed that when I skimmed over it the other day so cheers for pointing it out.

EDIT: On rereading the CBLs and the treason pack I couldn't see anything stating that the CBL counted as Yu Jing or ISS (and I'm at work so can't go through them in detail right now). There may be some potential to take a CBL (with a Crane) and still choose JSA/Combine :)

Obviously this is totally gaming the system but it's all in the justification of the fluff we've had.

#30 BenMoss, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  11. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

I'm pretty sure the SWC discrepancies are one of the benefits of taking the CBL's.

Let's try for some optimism though, we can try and fight for this land. We can even produce propaganda (memes) to try and gain some allies. We should work together to brainstorm these missions, what might work well, what might not. At the very least it's an excuse to try out some 7 or 8 SWC lists.

Peace through superior firepower - the invincible mantra.

Deltervees likes this.
  12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Imperial Service
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Chain of Command, Fireteam: Haris) Red Fury / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] BÀO TROOP (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] BÀO TROOP (Multispectral Visor L2, Biometric Visor L2) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] HSIEN Lieutenant HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

7 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Bao Haris for defence, a CG Link and a Kuang Shi Link in group two to switch links. The Hsien for active smoke combat and the baggage for safe area and anni missions. Much MSV vs. JSA TO.

The downside: No surprises aka ninja, garuda etc.

#32 archon, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

[​IMG] Great Wall of Yutang
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 57)
    [​IMG] RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    [​IMG] SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] MAJOR LUNAH Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] GARUDA Tacbot Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] HÙSÒNG Yaókòng HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

8 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I have a treason tournament next week and after tinkering a bit with army i ended up with this list for annihilation and safe area. Love it so much that i wanted to share it!

Gotta say, using all the SWC cap has been way more challenging than expected!

#33 Sedral, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  14. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Let us know how the list plays! It looks very interesting.

15. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Welp, it went fairly poorly:

- Annihilation was against shasvastii with a sphinx, he made short work of my total reaction remote and i barely killed anything. Really missed my Hsien HMG and some sensors on this one, the poor rui-shi couldn't handle all those camo alone.

- Safe Area was against Qapu Khalqi with a druze link and bunch of sekban haris. Ofc, first turn he managed to hit my Hsien Lt with a single lucky E/M launcher shot at max range, which means i was in LoL at the start of my first turn. From then it was an uphill battle that i utlimately couldn't win, Druze proved themselves too tough for Lunah, my rui-shi and my dakini. I killed a bunch of them at the end with a kamikaze kuang-shi, but it was already too late. My opponent played really well so he deserves his victory, but still, E/M launcher are just the death of fun and even though i knew it was coming there is nothing i could do about it (no closed room to hide, and i deployed my Hsien as far as possible but it was not far enough it seems).

Overall i think the list would be better at 7 SWC, 8 is just too much, especially once you factor in that you already have 100ish points spent on the Hsien and sophotect. 3 TR drone is also too much, you usually don't have that many interesting spots for TR drones, so 2 + lunah is enough for ARO duty. i'd probably switch a TR for a Lu-duan, and add a servant for the sophotect.

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I love the Lunah figure and all but I still find myself taking a Bao for the MSV. If I have him far enough back, much of the time the enemy is at bad range and he usually has cover. So no Mimetisim is not that big a deal.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation