1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nanoscreen and shooting in CC

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Kwisatz Haderach, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

So recently got into situation, that me and my opponent did't find an answer for.

Sheskin with nanoscreen is engaged with Proxy MK5. In aleph active turn, sensor bot moves out and makse a triangulate fire attack into sheskin.

So my question is - how should i calculate my armour saves??
    Cause there in nanoscreen rules section - its written , thats this piece of equipment doesnt work in CC. ( i assume thats for CC attacks)
    But in shooting into CC - you have to calculate all the mods.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hmm
    The rules have a state that it refers to fairly consistently when something doesn't work while you're in CC, however, Engaged has an effect "Troopers in Engaged state are considered to be in Close Combat (CC)." so that seems equivalent. Additionally, since the Partial Cover MODs only work against BS Attacks, it doesn't make rules technical sense to write that the equipment does nothing against CC attacks, even if it makes linguistic sense that this line refers to this.

I can only conclude that without external clarification, Nanoscreen is turned off while in CC. It'll work all the way until the specific point in the order when you enter CC, but not to BS Attacks which suffers the "Shoot into CC" failure category MOD (nor which circumvents them like Triangulated Fire does).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation