1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names for Haqqislam troops

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by wolverine.ca, Oct 4, 2021.

1. wolverine.ca

wolverine.ca New Member

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I plan on giving my models names.
    There are great generators for this but I would like to use appropriate names fitting the units. Some unit names are Turkish, some are Arab, for example.
    Is there an overview which unit names a come from which language?
    Which old nations does Haqqislam include?

2. 15-Krykk

15-Krykk Member

Honestly, except for the Kum, which are expressly Kyrgyz in origin, I think you can really go for names from all sorts. Although including plenty of Arabic names will be in line with the general feel of the faction, I think there's no reason to not include other language groups. Although Islam is a religion with very deep and expressed Arabic roots, it does attract converts from outside.
    Not to mention, you're force can very much consist of non-Muslims who choose to fight for Haqqislam, which is an infinitely deep well of cultural and ethnic backgrounds

Papa Bey likes this.
  3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

In theory, the three existing Sectorial Armies of the Haqqislam are showing Turkish (Qapu Khalqi), Persian (Hassassin Bahram) and Arabic (Ramah Task Force) cultural traces.
    I'd say it is important to think of them as "cultures", not "countries" of origin. Faction fluff does also speak of significant Jewish and Christian communities being an important part of the Haqqislam nation, and of the NASA personnel who were instrumetnal to the Bouraq spacelift (and were involved in laying down the scientific part of Haqqislam).

The fact an unit name comes from one language or the other doesn't mean all the members of it have to come from the given culture (especially true for the more mercenary types of units - Al Fasid, for example, or the strictly mercenary Kaplan. Druze, well... they are their own thing).

If you want to give your models personalized names, I'd suggest going with a mix of culturally-apropriate names, non-culture-proper but Haqq-sounding, and a few non-Haqq ones to spice it up (in that order!).
    Also, if you can manage it, I found it a good practice to have models named in an alphabetical order - at least when writing a battle report, if not the entire collection (my own model collection has outgrown such a possibility long ago), or within units.

4. wolverine.ca

wolverine.ca New Member

Thanks for helping me out!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation