1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA2 Reinforcement feedback

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Triumph, Aug 16, 2023.

1. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

While I agree that it would be nice to play with dedicated JSA profiles, from an aesthetic perspective I'd say it is perfectly possible to find "Anime Japan" equivalents for the NA2 reinforcement profiles.

The Diggers can be proxyed by Tanko models. If you have real Tanko in the main force, they can be painted differently, as "Ronin Tanko".
    CSU just needs black suits and ties.
    Sforza, Miranda and the Bounty Hunters can be proxyed by the Ninjas and Oniwabans that are not in the main force. I'm considering painting up a Miranda in Kill Bill colors, and there is a Sniper Ninja that never sees the table but would work fine as Sforza.
    The Brawlers are just generic professional soldiers. Keisotsu models in different colors would works as well. Call them "actually trained Keisotsu"?
    The Anaconda is a discount hand-me-down TAG. I can easily see the JSA having a few of those. Just paint them like the rest of the army and call it good. I mean, the JSA don't have their own REMs either, they nicked^Wliberated theirs from YJ as they left.
    The Wardriver (both the commlink and the reinforcement one) can use the new model as is; I think hackers in hoodies look the same all over the world. Of course, if the Keisotsu hacker is not in use, he makes a fine proxy too.
    That just leave the monstrucker. I have nothing obvious, but scrappy civilian mechanics should be able to fit into JSA too. Alternatively, the Tokusetsu Kohei could be used. I know mine never see the table anyway...

2. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Each of the NA2 sectorials deserves their own reinforcements list. Most of them are questionably competitive even without reinforcements. To add on top a reinforcements list of mediocre profiles that are unrelated fictionally is injustice. I don't care what you say the fluff says, sit an Anaconda and a couple of Brawler models next to your JSA or White Company force, look me in the eyes, and tell me they go together. Not only do the other factions get optimized profiles of some of their best units, they get new profiles to play around with. NA2 gets a phone-in, just enough effort to say they can still play.

3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

NA2 player here (took StarCo to Interplanetario a few years ago).

NA2 are remix armies. We get to explore cool ideas with them because they don't require publishing all new lines of minis. To get official rules to explore those cool ideas, you have to start with "what can we do with bits of existing model ranges in different mixes with each other."

That's just the way NA2 is. I for one would rather have the cool remix armies and a few generic bits, than just not get to explore these tactical ideas because CB can't publish yet another whole line of minis.

So no, we're not going to get all-new troops for Reinforcements. We just don't have the mass (or the development resources from the game's authors) to get dedicated Reinf troops like Daebak or the new Vipera troops.

What they -do- deserve are at least Reinf-specific profiles of existing troops. Much like the Spektrs or Prowlers without camo than Nomads got in Reinf (those things are FIRE for the points btw, really great). Yes, NA2 got the Brawler Marksmanship rifle...

...but each NA2 sectorial deserve at least one unique profile that no other NA2 faction gets.

Take JSA: They have their own dedicated model line, and have a larger player base than the other NA2s. They deserve a few unique profiles/minis at least in their reinforcements. Other things like Shikami would be very on-theme to just show up midfield without any profile changes, and not at all out of line with what YJ has gotten.

Or Spiral getting more core-Tohaa units. Or StarCo getting one of the Vipera units. Or Ikari getting some more Exrah (scum and villainy!). Or Druze getting a non-camo Hunzakut reinforcements profile, etc. etc.

It would only take 1-2 unique profiles per NA2 faction to really differentiate things. It's an easy amount of change for the CB development team to add if/when they do some small hotfixes for whatever balance issues emerge as Reinforcements see wider play (and surely there will be at least some small adjustments).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation