1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 killed Onyx?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Sergei Simonov, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Honestly when are people not covered? I play on very dense boards (Very) but rare is it you're going to get a pick like this. Sure it's nice to have it in the back pocket but situational again. And the point of being able to make risks with units that are throw away is that you can throw them away.

You lose the W1 40pt dude to shock and that's a hit. Because he's taken that slot of offensive turn 2 piece, what are you left with if he drops, presuming you've taken a defensive link to cover his back. I just don't see it man, so fragile & expensive. And like the guy above has said why has he not got a shock buff.

I'm hopeful we're going to get more stuff in a year or two.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I’m getting really confused now, because if everyone can see that much, what’s stopping you from simply gunning them down one at a time because they’re all exposed?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

Even my grandmother has shock inmunity in N4, why umbras cant have it??

4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Ran a couple of games yesterday, good fun. Xeodron feels like a big winner (the extra range, extra movement and the bioimmunity all help a bunch), Nourkias is a fantastic scalpel unit, and Ko Dali now having an infiltration profile is just extra icing. Keen to use the Overdron once it comes back.
    Active turn hacking feels stronger than before, more dice to lock stuff down is nice, but ARO hacking (particularly with our formerly awesome KHDs) definately has taken a hit by comparison.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Some good news, before I go to bed - I’ve had confirmation that Legates, Samaritans, and Nourkias will all be getting Immunity (Shock), but it might take a while for that to show up in Army.

Pander22, DaRedOne, ers and 10 others like this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

At this point WTF is the point of Shock?

Just delete it and remove Immunity (Shock) from the game. If NWI units *need* to have Immunity (Shock) to be worth their points cost, there's a problem.

Also, the change to Super-Jump (no diving off of things) is the biggest nerf to Samaritans. Now they'll take even more orders to do their thing. That said, I found them much more useful than any of the Legates except the HD+. If only they were PH 13...

Overall I have no reason to suspect that Onyx overall is going to have a worse time in N4.

Judge Dredd, chaos11 and Mahtamori like this.
  7. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

SO MUCH BETTER! thanks!

8. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah. NWI+SI should be the exception, not the norm. And Shock ammo shouldn't be handed out in such spades.

#68 Stiopa, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  9. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhh shut the front door! That's awesome! Thank God for that. Ok...Nice, very nice!

10. Sergei Simonov

Sergei Simonov Well-Known Member

nice. that changes a fair bit by opening some FT possibilities and maybe making the Legate a viable solo attack piece

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation