1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 - is there a date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Varsovian, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

There are several approaches for vision correction. A new exam and a discussion with the doctor can lead to a better outcome.

2. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

You may be right that I have the condition and it might well be something to be looked into, still... a book's designer should account for not all readers having perfect eyesight...

From what I've seen of his fluff, he's a doozy!

Still, it's awesome :) I've been to Spain one summer, never felt more alive than there...

Standard paperback font, I think. I've seen smaller, but it's not that big.

Here's another comparison, with the text from Mutants & Masterminds 3E core rulebook. The text there is significantly smaller than the one in the novel - still readable with relative comfort, but small. And yet, it's bigger than the N4 text...

IMG_20200925_014413.jpg

Mob of Blondes likes this.
  3. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Yes, and many times I was told by doctors to not do stupid things. IE the problem being the thing/task and not the prescription. Also I had some interesting talks with people in the publishing trade, like designers not undestanding what goes with white on black (= reversed) or how product labels can comply with law but be unreadable anyway (RAI vs RAW).

New photo shows others went with bigger but not as crowded font.

4. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Sorry. I'm not interested in publishing decisions that are already made. They should still not cause eyestrain as described. I shall cease with advice.

5. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

How's that any different than when the books had several dozen pages of troop profiles in them? I mean, what they show in Army is the same thing that was in the printed profiles when there were printed profiles.

6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

We complained about the noisy backgrounds used for 1st and 2nd editions... and CB used flat backgrounds for N3. Some of us hope it was because the feedback.

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Guy 1: "I have the book and the font is tiny"

Guy 2: "I haven't even seen the book and I don't know you at all but you are half blind OMGLOL!!!11ONEONE"

Classic Internet

8. Varsovian

I was referring to fluff, actually.

Yeah, I got some responses like that before, back when I posted on the Stellaris forum asking whether there's some solution to the tiny font in that game. I got some responses in the vein of "Dude, I can read the font without any trouble, get better glasses". Which, to be honest, merits the response of "Gladly, will the game's publisher refund me the cost of new glasses, then?".

Not to say that Papa Bey isn't right about to an extent about me needing to look into this, but as I said: a book shouldn't be designed in a way that assumes all readers will have fully healthy eyes. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but after trying to read N4 yesterday evening and getting eyestrain, I was like: "I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow for the PDF". But, in that case... why the heck did I pay for the book at all? Should I return the book to the store with the justification that it's unreadable for me?

I really hope that someone from CB is reading this, because this really is a disappointment. I can get stuff like not all of the fluff being there etc., but paying 65 EUR for a book and finding out you cannot read it? Not a fun thing.

My eyes *still* hurt, BTW.

toadchild likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Paradox games do tend to have the problem of their UI having small text. I've seen a bunch of streamers get mods to upscale text, saturate some UI elements, and so on, and not just to increase legibility for their viewers, either.

How's the text density otherwise? Lots of open spaces or is there a page-saving reason they might've chosen a smaller font?

10. Varsovian

I'll take a closer look at that later, that's a good question. In the meantime, I compared that font to the one from Daedalus etc. The font there was very small... but the N4 font? It's even smaller!

11. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Is it Christmas morning yet?

Hiereth likes this.
  12. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It's 2020, very optimistic of you to count on Christmas happening ;)

Berjiz, Errhile, solkan and 1 other person like this.
  13. IJewett

IJewett Member

I can tell its 2020. Some of us got Discontinued. Sure, sure we can still play, we just won't get updates. Oh and we can't really play until late November. Go Frak yourself CB.

14. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Sorry, my purpose was just to lighthen the mood by emphasing the typo in CB's article, definitely not to generate extra stress for people waiting for the news stuff.

Bad move I guess. My bad.

Anyway, I think you get most of the answers by the other folks here so the only thing I can add would be to watch again the last videos. Carlos Belli* clearly explain what will come later and why it is not a big issue to wait just a bit for those. I think it's pretty clear and we should not worry about it.

*shouldn't be some trademark here for the one who made this first ?

Errhile likes this.
  15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, it is 2020. And you haven't been Discontinued by it, evidently, as you still can post about it ;)

As for delayed update for OOP armies (and yes, I do have a dog in that fight myself - QK for life! :P), I have mentioned it elsewhere already: we were in exactly the same position back in early N3, when for ~2 months there were no Sectorial (nor fireteam) rules. None at all.
    This time, we have to wait fro the rules fro some Sectorials. Sure it is a bummer if one of these is the one you play (and I get it, doubly so, if it is the only one you play). But on the global scale, Infinity players are way better off in N3->N4 transition, than in N2->N3 one.

Stiopa likes this.
  16. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

To bring this back on Topic:

Does anyone know already the new URL for Army7? I remember it gets a new URL, but I don't remember which one. If someone can post it, I think, this would be great.

17. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

We didn't said it yet.

Be patient please, we're still working to have the smoothiest launch possible :)

Errhile, Stiopa and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  18. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

So, no self-inflicted DDoS attacks this time? :P

Errhile and ObviousGray like this.
  19. IJewett

IJewett Member

Yes I clearly meant the sectoral I play.

I can't speak for N2-N3. But it seems screwing it up once would lead them to try harder to not screw it up the second time.

I appreciate that eventually there will be rules eventually. But disrespecting the time and effort and money that their customers have invested in this way does not lead me to wish to invest more time and effort or money into their game(s). I had actually thought about possibly getting Kosmoflot. But really, they could have done full lists for the existing armies/sectorals and released the new Sectorals in November. Its not like they are releasing all of the new models for them this week is it? Anyway, its a shitshow in my opinion, and yeah I know what opinions are worth. But my opinion is going to get spread to everyone I know at the local game store. A lot.

20. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

I'm really excited about the launch ! I think I'll have trouble with remote work this afternoon. Fortunately I started work earlier today :p

Is the new army builder a new app (new .apk) or an updated of the current one ?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation