1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Ikari Fireteam Update

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by TheDiceAbide, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Albedo

Albedo Member

Hi guys, I have to say that I really like Ikari in this period and I am also having pretty decent results with it. My go-to are these two link teams below that I find extremely effective for the points.

Ikari 5
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]2
    WÚ MÍNG Heavy Machine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 37)
    WÚ MÍNG Boarding Shotgun ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    BRAWLER (Hacker, Hacking Device) Submachine Gun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    DIGGER Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon(+1B). (0 | 14)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 27)
    KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    KEISOTSU (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 9)
    4 SWC | 158 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

2. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

Interesting list!
    how do you deal with some powerfull alstrikers, like avatar, sheeskin, swiss-guard hmg?

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Those are hard to deal with for any force!

Unfortunately the Ikari Lt. sticks out like soar thumb. But you can possibly use Taowu as a nasty surprise if he disguises as a lone Keisotsu or Brawler. It can be done with Bashi too. Also, Yojimbo can leave a koala near a Lt. or important group.

I never went up against an Avatar with Ikari. But I always felt E/M Grenades and E/M mines might be the way to go. Before changes I'd say the Tanko missile but now he's going to have problems with Mim-6. There's also the Daiyokai with AP+DA CCW and Tanko with mono CCW. But in the above core, if I knew I was going against an Avatar I'd switch the the HMG to the E/M Grenade Launcher. He's a great buy at 0 SWC.

sorniak likes this.
  4. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Nah, pointless trying to outshoot an avatar in an army where you've got stacks of CC and smoke. Desperado, yuan yuan, yo Jimbo, ninja etc all have methods of closing the gap and shanking it in CC or at least tying it up for a while

Space Ranger likes this.
  5. Space Ranger

I agree. I didn't see this before but you can make a very cheap and pretty effective assault Keisotsu fire team. If you want to add a bit more firepower you can have the ML Tanko instead or Spitfire ABH. But man, 76pts for that, or 90pts for more firepower. That's cheap and can almost have another fire team ready to take over.

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3
    KEISOTSU (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 14)
    TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 19)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 15)
    0.5 SWC | 76 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3
    KEISOTSU (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 14)
    TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 27)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Spitfire / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (1 | 21)
    3 SWC | 90 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

6. csjarrat

Problem with those teams is closing the gap. You're going to take aros from it and have to deal with its high BS and mimetism. If you're chucking down smoke it's probably going to be from one of the CC guys we have with smoke so probably better just using the orders on them to do the job.
    The firepower team is still relevant, but it probably needs to be shooting up the enemy order pool, not the avatar.

7. Space Ranger

Has anyone actually played Ikari this year? I have not. On paper I don't think Ikari came out well with N4 and fireteam changes.

It's not impossible but very difficult to make unmixed teams. Sure it's easy to make a Keisotsu team but is it actually good? They get only up to a BS13, +3 discover (with Wip12), in addition to the rest. I'd rather still have my ML Tanko getting at least a BS14. But I really miss my MSV Brawler sniper getting a BS15.

Wu Ming can be used instead but it's a pretty expensive team if nothing other than them.

Ikari gained a Lt. who is...ok? He's just as obvious or more than Keisotsu or Brawler, has NWI but no shock immune.

Diggers are a good addition and being wildcard is fantastic.

I'd really like to try out the Tripphammer. To me it's the perfect faction for it. It just seems "Ikari". They either make use of what they can get or the best they can buy.

8. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

I've played Ikari in 2 of the 3 tournaments I participated in this year and it included my best tournament placement ever (3rd out of 9).

And yes I agree N4 and fireteam changes was not very kind to Ikari. Other than the superb Desperado (which have been MVP in many of my games) it's mostly negatives.

After the last tournament one of my opponents asked me why I play Ikari instead of JSA and I understand his question since the list I played against him only had 2 models which where not available in JSA (Desperado and a Brawler). My other list where more Ikari unique as it had Scarface and a Wu-Ming haris.

I've been thinking about going back to JSA, there are a few JSA unique models I do miss, mainly Oniwaban and Ryuken. But every time I start building a list I quickly end up switching back to Ikari as I just find them more fun to both list-build and play.

I picked up a Kaplan box to proxy as Druze (I like the models better), Taowu, Fuzzbots (as EVO bot, not a fan of the Pangguling) and the limited Shikami on the black friday sale so I have more reasons to play both factions.
    For the next tournament in February I'll probably start building a JSA list and then switch to Ikari as I usually do... :-)

9. Gwaernydd

Gwaernydd Well-Known Member

Yeah my experience is similar, I find that the reduced bonus tanko ml and msv brawler can do work just fine, my real mvps are of course all the warbands but i am seldomly disappointed in the daiyokai + tankō haris, and i even like to use armand.
    I have the feeling that it's really but a few nuances that keep ikari from being very enjoyable - why the plethora of druze pure options if only haris, why the only counterintelligence option so limited in linkability in a alphastrike focused sectorial - I'd find it rather fun if karakuri or even fasids could link ^^

Savnock, Jumara and Space Ranger like this.
  10. csjarrat

Yeah, I played some games Vs my regular opponent and ended up selling my force off. Doesn't play well, hasn't gained anything from the update and is really creaky (as are most of na2). I enjoyed them in n3 but all of my na2 are going to be sold or boxed up in storage until they get a proper update and balance pass

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

StarCo are about the same as they were in N3 (minus full fireteam bonuses, but that hit everyone). In fact linkable Knauf being effectively an AP HMG with Mimetism and MSV1 is so good that it balances everything else out. [We did lose the Emily Handdelman howitzer, but that wasn't actually much fun to play for either party.]

I haven't tried Ikari in N4 yet, just barely had a couple JSA-proper games even. [EDIT: Ooops, forgot one game on TTS where my Lt. got killed fast- but still did pretty decent because the Samurai are pretty good on their own when cut loose at close range.] Have really really enjoyed Desperadoes with USAriadna though, so being able to toss 1 or 2 of those alongside Yojimbo and then still have plenty of points for a Daiyokai wrecking crew is pretty sweet.

Ikari have never been about subtlety. They only need a small bit of tuning to get back to full nastiness. I would highly discourage selling them off before we see whatever force updates come alongside the new book- you never know, BD sneak some small changes in frequently.

csjarrat likes this.
  12. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

The Keisotsu + Tanko + Brawler fireteam was a very good has a defensive fireteam before the rules update, today, it's just good. But in infinity you don't win games with a defensive link!. And Ikari as an offensive army with the new options, like the Diggers or the Desperados with mimetism, it still kicking.

13. csjarrat

Already gone and done mate, sold!
    I spent a long time crutching on knauf in MRRF so I'm not that keen on doing the same for starco, any faction that has to rely on one character to hold the weight of it all is a creaky one. That's kinda what I mean with na2, it's all creaky and generally could do with a good balance pass

14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

StarCo has a -lot- still going for it beyond Knauf. Uhahu, cheap HD+ with NWI and linked with Tinbot -6 is great. Raoul Spector is an amazing yolo piece and problem solver. Linked Irmandinho advancing with Anaconda. Riot Grrls, including the deathstar build with Avicenna, Fiddler. Bandits… it’s a pretty good set of tools.

And if something bad happens to my beloved Riot Grrls in Bakunin, hoping I get to keep them in StarCo.

csjarrat and kesharq like this.
  15. csjarrat

Maybe I'll go back and have another look at starco. Haven't run them in a while!

Savnock likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

I kinda think all of the NA2 have been ignored both by players and CB for a bit. Sure they come out with some figures but I don't feel they do it for NA2. MrMurough was more for Corregidor and Hassassins. TBH I can't figure out the Wardriver, for Kosmo maybe?

csjarrat likes this.
  17. csjarrat

It's in every vanilla force, ariadnan sectorals tend to need it like Scots, french etc. It got an Evo profile for this season and added to tohaa/spiral too

Savnock likes this.
  18. Space Ranger

What? Other than Tohaa I don't see it in any Vanilla. Unless you are talking about some tournaments that allow mercenaries? Then I'm maybe more correct that it came out for others than NA2. In NA2 he's only in Ikari and Spiral.

I just had a thought, it would probably suck, but kinda fluffy, is if there could be a fireteam of Wardrivers with Valerya Gromoz.

19. csjarrat

Yeah, for that mercenaries mod, everyone can take it but it's mainly an na2 and ariadna release. All of the ariadnan sectorals need it

Savnock likes this.
  20. Space Ranger

Right but as I mentioned, it's not really an NA2 release since it's only in Ikari and Spiral. It's more for Ariadna.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation