1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Changes

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Yes, but not having 2 panzerfauts they don't get 2 more ammo for it like on n3, so to use their disposable weapons at b2 twice they got flammenspeer. At the end it's a fine thing to have choice how to shoot.
    For the SWC cost on minelayer it's weird. Long ya is n4 unit translated to n3 so why on earth would they give it free minelayer which is very rare when they didn't intend them to keep it.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I really hope you are correct.

3. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It is quite a weird translation. I wonder what both pf and flammenspeers look like in N4, I don't believe we have seen the weapon profiles of either.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I've just noticed everything that has madtraps also has minelayer in the leaks. Maybe there's been a perimeter weapon overhaul to stop the abuses by using coordinated orders/links to force trash AROs?

If that's true Hulangs might actually have Krazy Koalas

5. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

That does make the TA HMG/Tai Sheng tinbot/Haidao KHD standby much better since you can run it alongside a core.

I dig the paramedic profile though, with the medikit buff it's kinda like being able to bring a doctor in our HI links. Sorta. Number 2 on all profiles is actually pretty sweet.

Still hoping they shave a couple more points off though, considering the HI discounts we've seen.

Has anybody talked about the FD Krit profile? Heavy shotgun, minelayer with E/M mines and a Deployable Repeater in IA! Oh, and NCO on top of that.

Willen likes this.
  6. Triumph

The FB profile actually looks reasonably costed, maybe I'll stop calling him Shit Dickram if that comes true.

Paegis likes this.
  7. Amusedbymuse

Have you guys seen new Avatar? He gets +1 CC and gets advanced command for 114 points, or you can pay 118 for Lt+1 on top of that. thats 19 points less than n3 for +1 regular order, +1 cc and +1 command token. And avatar was already quite strong. So conclusions? I have massive expectations for our boy Sun Tze.
    No idea how to link the profile and how to fix the link -.-
    [​IMG]

#447 Amusedbymuse, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

All the TAGs got massively discounted, more the more expensive they were, because nobody played them. I don't expect Sun Tze will be getting a big discount.

9. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'm not getting my hopes up for our Sunny boy. The leak just has him losing a level in Strategos.

Since his point cost hasn't changed much, I'm assuming they've started charging him properly for Total Immunity, balanced against taking away... pretty much the entire reason to use him.

10. Amusedbymuse

Yea, but that like 15% discount while getting 2 very nice buffs, and Avatar was actually played and doing well. I'm not talking about huge discount. But getting lt+1 on top of what he has and getting like 5 point discount would be something fair compared to that avatar changes. This way where is a point to play him compared to daoying.
    Edit: even better, leave him at 60 without taking anything away and give him veteran and lt+1. TI change was around 3 points iirc, lt+1 is 4, veteran 1 or 2. Considering hackable and his 4 arm and the fact he is quite expensive and not played much it looks like fair deal even when he starts to pay full price for TI he already has.

#450 Amusedbymuse, Sep 24, 2020
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Don't directly link pictures to the old database, please. CB has been trying to plug the leak and it's quite rude to link on their forums.

Don't have the pictures in front of me, but from memory the only thing changed for Sunny1 that I remember was gaining LT2 and dropping a bit for the non-LT profiles. Sunny2 dropped about 10 pts and lost the MRifle loadouts, which is interesting.

12. Triumph

The profile is gonna be a secondary problem anyway. The real issue is with Oblivion's upgrade with AP, and propagating onto many more profiles in conjunction with the coordinated hacking changes using Sun Tze is going to be very risky because we more or less utterly lack ways to defend him against coordinated hacks. The same for Joan or any other HI/TAG LT that brings leadership skills to the table, they are at high risk of being rendered obsolete as an LT profile.

If they change rules such as strategos and inspiring leadership to function without the need to be designated the LT that would fix the issue, but otherwise there's a real risk you're just gonna make an easy target to put you in LoL and waste a chunk of points on abilities you won't be able to turn back on by repairing the HI/TAG in question.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  13. Amusedbymuse

There is easy solution. Veteran. It basically only protects from jammer and oblivion. Most of the strategos guys are HI or tags so em still wrecks them but without putting you in lol.

Triumph and Mahtamori like this.
  14. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Only in the Yu Jing forum would we see the take 'my WIP17 BTS6 total immune strategos lieutenant is obsolete as a lieutenant profile because I can fuck up protecting them and they can get isolated by an enemy hacking attack'.

Tourniquet, Hisey, Cthulhu363 and 7 others like this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So now nobody can't comment on the obvious weak spots of units without folks coming to yell "OMG YJ SALT YOU MUST BE OVERJOYED WITH EVERYTHING YOU GET OR YOU ARE THE WORST"

It gets old fast.

Tourniquet and Dragonstriker like this.
  16. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Was the double negative intentional or were you disagreeing with me about how this part of the forum has reached ascended meme status?

17. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Another cool argument, dude, you are really a valuable poster. I look forward to your Spanish posts so I can post valuable comments about your grammatical mistakes.

Edit: but I seriously love how every time Triumph posts an opinion about some unit with actual reasoned gameplay arguments there is always some troll yelling "BUT JY SALT" without actually giving any counter argument or a single gameplay valuable comment.

#457 Benkei, Sep 24, 2020
    Dragonstriker and RobertShepherd like this.
  18. Triumph

You can't protect against having a pitcher thrown down field on top of turn 1 and getting a coordinated oblivion thrown in your face.

It'd be nice if BTS6 and Total Immunity worked, but we're assuming that it remains unchanged and still doesn't work on comms attacks.

3 WIP13 hackers go for Oblivion, 46% chance they nail Sun Tze with Isolation. And that's assuming they don't get surprise attack. If they have the full force of 4 it's 53%, if it's 2 it's 36%.

Obviously the stats get worse if we start assuming some have surprise attack for -3, or some are better than WIP13, or if we are a lesser LT like Joan trying to fend this off with her lower WIP value. The Avatar is also going to be quite concerned about this as he is another big target that also can't benefit from hiding in links with tinbots.

I don't know about you but to me those odds are a fairly low risk attack vector to basically take control of the game tempo, even if you only take 1 crack at it.

#458 Triumph, Sep 24, 2020
  19. Triumph

Yes Veteran would actually solve the issue pretty nicely.

20. Catspaw

Catspaw Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight - given the board state even allows for it, your opponent needs three regular hacking devices, a perfectly thrown pitcher, and a coordinated order to have a less than 50% chance to Isolate your LT? I mean that sounds fairly balanced me, seeing as how your opponent has devoted literally a quarter of their team to this strat. Also, aren't coordinated orders in N4 limited to two units?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation