1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Guija wish List

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Azuset, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea!

2. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I just think they need to make ECM give a bonus to defend hacking and E/M attacks. It is Electronic Counter Measures, I don't need any other fancy new skills for the Guijia just a way to make it less of a risk. I do think we need another TAG and it can be the fancy one.

3. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

How about Electric Pulse L2. Either it counts as say a 12-13. Or if you roll lower than 7 you default to 7 Instead.

4. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

I'd also love to see us get one more TAG... now that it seems the Blue Wolves are a Guijia regiment, we won't get the long-dreamed-of wolfpacks of miniTAGs designed to hunt Jotums I guess, but while PanO is the TAG faction and should have many more TAG choices than the StateEmpire, a) they are Yu Jing's great rival, competing on THEIR turf is part of how you beat them; b) Yu Jing is the HI faction, and yet that doesnt mean a whole slew of other factions dont get numerous and excellent heavy infantry options. If we want to see fancy strange skill combos or the like, then an experimental TAG seems the best way to do them.

Whatever fix the Guijia demands to give people reasons to put that awesome model on the table needs, I think, to accept how our TAG seems to be treated: its the generic example, the most basic TAG, other powers use it as a training vehicle, other TAGs define themselves by comparison to it through the neat additional things they can do, the weaknesses that render them more affordable.

Can room be found to reduce its points cost, to be closer to competing HI? Or perhaps better, can its SWC be reduced, to make it more competitive with those HI... a -0.5SWC puts the supporting hacker in play alongside the TAG while leaving 3 or 4 SWC for the backup plan or expanded toolbox, anhd means for lists where SWC is the premium taking the Guijia as the attack piece suddenly has much more appeal.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think I want to it to match it's name, as "Tortise Shell" and give it a Tinbot B and be done with it! Make it really hard to be hacked. Simple as that and not much cost. I believe only the Overdron has Tinbots and it has a Tinbot A. So not as good at B. After all, if the Shang Ji and Zuyong can have them, why not a TAG!?

the huanglong, Ayaxs, Shiwen and 2 others like this.
  6. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Guija with AD is the way to go. In the 4th outrage mission you can use one and it's a ton of fun and a good threat.

Bohrdog likes this.
  7. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

I like this idea a lot! And now that we have seen how our TinBot is looking, that would give a funny duo on the battlefield, like a father and son in a "Take your kid to work day" :D

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It's the simplest, cheapest, effective, and even Thematic, thing that can be done to the Guijia. All other suggestions i've seen will add cost, make it the same as others, or just not in align with Yu Jing.

the huanglong and Tibooper like this.
  9. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'd do that and give it a generic Duo for IA. That way, it can party up with better wildcards like the Haidao or Pangguling FTO, since Krit's kit feels like something better leveraged in vanilla anyway (and a naval Guijia unit just sounds cool... Man, we need a Yu King Navy sectorial).

Space Ranger likes this.
  10. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

won a tourney running this list in 2 of 3 missions (Supplies vs MO and Unmasking vs Varuna)

YJ open palm
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]5
    GŪIJIĂ MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / DA CCW. (2 | 88)
    [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. ()
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    MAJOR LUNAH Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    KǍNRÈN Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 29)
    WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Guija is pretty good with the vanilla toolkit and worth its points.
    In actual board situations and not forums theorycraft being able to tank five spitfire hits in a row matters - as does pointing out an EXP shot on ARO.
    In both missions I don't think Su Jian could have accomplished the same - Spitfire is tough to use against the full crusade paintrain and having a giant base/silhouette on fast move helped sniping the designated targets and decoys and facerolling the ARO. Seemed way less order investment than doing cautious moves with Su Jian trying to engage Kamau sniper in 24". Also free order in loss of lieutenant was game winning.

11. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

Well, its change everything, guija survive 5 hits, now its op then

12. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

11 total armor vs 14 damage gun is way better than 8 total armor vs 14 damage gun
    just dont rush in flash pulse range

Stuffist likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation