1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple camo minelayers during deployment

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by geekgrrrl, Oct 2, 2018.

1. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Except them asking you is within their rights. Minelayer measurement is public information.

And it's easy for him to know even if you check multiple times as the placement of the mine and minelayer must be the last measurement. Each time you "rechoose" which camo marker being what it is, is just deploying the markers under the rules.

So I think if the distance is arguably close or the opponent is being a bit rude, it is within his rights to ask for measurement.

Minelayer is strong enough for just starting a mine down, I don't even care in most games to even attempt the shell game and just deploy the mine in a good spot to stop enemies moving nearby while the actual model hides in total cover.

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Yes, but in the case of two camo tokens the skill itself is private information.

in other words – he/she shouldn't be asking you to double check your minelayer zone because they shouldn't even know that information in the first place

colbrook likes this.
  3. kinginyellow

Knowing that minelayer exists isn't private information nor that there is a good likelyhood that 2 camo markers deployed near each other is a minelayer/mine.

As for asking, it should have just been measured by the player who does know regardless of the asking player.

So I don't agree that not knowing for certain should restrict you from asking that IF they are minelayer/mine to check that they are ZoC of each other.

Complaining about knowing the measurements of minelayer/mine is like complaining that your opponent asks who has inspiring leadership/strategos to find the LT when those effects are in play.

4. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

We play in trusting game. Infinity only works if you are able to assume good intentions with your opponent and play the game together. If I say I’m not in Loss of Lieutenant, even after you’ve killed 9 or 10 likely models, the game doesn’t really work if you keep pressing “who is your Lt?” Shenanigans to suss out private information by badgering questions begin to break the game.

Pierzasty likes this.
  5. kinginyellow

No, you just have to know what questions are allowed and acceptable.

Asking if a revealed model with camo (so in trooper form) near another camo and the trooper has minelayer and how many mines it has left is acceptable.

Asking if any enemy model has strategos or inspiring presence to help narrow down who the LT might be is acceptable.

Due to completely killed models have all private info revealed, asking if they already killed the LT is acceptable.

Heck, just asking if that interventer hacking device+ has a boarding shotgun or combi rifle because you know previously that combi rifle can be the LT but shotty can't is acceptable.

Asking if shotty interventor or combi rifle can be LT is not acceptable.

Asking for public information from the game state of the table is allowed and acceptable.

MindwormGames likes this.
  6. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

One option for dealing with this is to deal with it the same way we deal with hidden deployment.

Ask your opponent to turn around, take a photo with an 8" stick showing youre in zoc. This can be shown when the mine goes Off.

Section9 likes this.
  7. MindwormGames

MindwormGames Well-Known Member

I also tend to volunteer information that is knowable, like the fact that my Combi Interventor HD+ must be my LT.

I want to win because of good choices made, not because my opponent doesn’t know something about my faction or models.

On topic, what I’ve heard is that when you place a minelayer, you need to place the mine at the same time. That is, if I have three Camo minelayers, I place one and it’s mine, then another and it’s mine, and then the third and it’s mine, as opposed to just putting 6 Camo markers on the table in no particular order.

bladerunner_35 and Xeurian like this.
  8. kinginyellow

The first part is awesome mate, good on ya (no sarcasm, just that is a great behavior). I'm not that forthcoming personally, but

The second part is what I believe as well. I feel that "minelayer and mine deploy together" means that they have to put on table together (or moved, if didnt like initial placement)

MindwormGames likes this.
  9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Timing during deployment is essentially based around steps.

So "at the same time" is generally read to mean "during the same step". The exception to this is Infiltration over the half way, where the decisions need to be made prior to rolling.

The reason for this is because deploying two models or markers "at the same time" as opposed to "in immediate succession" is practically impossible.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

This is a European rule set, they don't play by that meta-rule. It has to be explicitly allowed by the rules to be legal.

Yep! We do that all the time with, say, Hidden Deployment.

I also deploy a number of models and mines all within 8" of each other. They all go down at the same time, and I measure Zone of Control of each marker.

Vanderbane likes this.
  11. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

If there is no rule against it (American) then don't complain if I kick you in the junk.

13. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Just because there is no rule against it in the game, doesn't mean it didn't break any rules in real life.

Robock likes this.
  14. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Hyperbole for example.

15. geekgrrrl

geekgrrrl New Member

Thanks for all the additional feedback guys. Much appreciated. Based on what you all have said, I think maybe the safest course here is to deploy everything around 6-inches apart. That way I should always be legal with my deployment, but at the same time able to hide my troops among the mines. That should be okay right?

16. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Correct – there shouldn't be much of a question if something is within minelayer range.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation