1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving through overlapping Dazers

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hachiman Taro, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

If two Dazer's Very Difficult Terrain areas overlap and a Trooper without multiterrain moves inside one into contact with the edge of the other, does it immediately end the Troopers movement?

In other words, are two overlapping Dazer's Very Difficult Terrain areas still two seperate Terrain areas or effectively one big one?

Hecaton, Xeurian and theradrussian like this.
  2. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I mean, I know how I'd play it (they just make one big zone), but I have nothing to show that being the way it's supposed to be played...

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's where I am, too.

@ijw ?

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  5. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

I know a particularly janky player in our meta who tried to pass it of to me thusly:

Have two dazers deployed next to each other, or close enough that their zones overlap their perimeters almost 25mm of each other. This way, the enemy has to waste 2 orders getting in and out every time.

1) Reach edge, stop.
    2) move, reach 2nd edge, stop.

This to me seems rather exploitative (given how the zone's rules are not stackable, so no other changes occur), so I wouldn't play it that way.

But, just bear in mind some people may rule it this way.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

My gut instinct says "read it literally and don't over-analyse it" to which I read that each zone is an individual zone and they do not combine even if they have the same effect.

siri likes this.
  7. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I would say they don't stack so the overlap is still just Very Difficult Terrain and not the edge of the zone.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation