1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More creative ARO options.

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Maksimas, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You mean -9 to-hit, since even a TO camo model should be in cover. If you're doing the ARO correctly, they should be at -3 to shoot you, too, for maxed BS penalty.

I don't consider putting the enemy at -12 (TO, range, cover, and Surprise Shot) in the active turn to be 'testing your luck' unless it's a BS13+ target.

2. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

You mean unless they're BS13+ and imposing similar mods? Firing back with 3 dice chasing 1s vs 1 dice chasing something reasonable (we'll assume a 14 for BS plus range minus cover) is still way in your favour as the active Missile troop.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Crits. A BS13+ unit at -12 on three dice has a 14.3% chance of critting on at least one die.

4. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I'm saying what has good chances in ARO usually has better chances in active turn. Due to increased Burst (which is not the case on B1), and usually decreased burst for the enemy.

Abrilete likes this.
  5. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

But a missile launcher is still better in the active turn as although its burst is a constant, the enemy's burst will be lowered by usually at least 2 :P

6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

By this logic EVERY piece is a better active turn piece (bar Neurocinetics), so what is the point of even having this discussion then?

7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Originally I was referring to the "testing their luck in active turn" part from here:

I suppose I don't have to answer the "what's the point in ARO" question :P

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation