1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Moonchild‘s Transmutation - Trigger at 1 damage?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Croepoek, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Cards are just out, so I have a quick question about it:

Can I trigger it after losing one health or does it have to be two? Not sure about the wording on the card.

2. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Warcor Aristeia

I'd say the wording is weird but you'll transform as long as you take damage

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower
    Warcor

I'm not sure what the issue is with the wording, but to me it's clear that you can transform after only 1:4:.

The fact that she has an ability to deal 1:4: to herself if she doesn't get damaged in a combat roll really only reinforces that point.

4. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Looking back at the wording, I don't think it's even a question of "can". Transmutation seems to be mandatory.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

Warcor

Oh, yes, absolutely true.

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

It DOES have to be 2. Instead of going to Infirmary, she transform.

Confirmed elsewhere by @-V- that may appear here too... (Summon -V- basic level)

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I've not been summoned as these forums seem to fail at noticing (in my experience). The answer is: Moonchild has to receive -at least- her second Damage token, so she has to go to the Infirmary and then Transmutation gets activated (she receives Damage and before she's sent to the Infirmary).

It's the same timing as Epic Regeneration.

Ealthril and Croepoek like this.
  8. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

This is not correct. She can deal herself 1:4: after resolving a Combat (...); but the "doesn't get damaged" clause doesn't exists. It's supposed to be here in case Moonchild receives only 1:4:, so she can take the second :4: and activate Transmutation

And yes, Transmutation is mandatary ONLY when Moonchild (initial form) receives 2:4: (not needed to be at the same moment btw). The point is that the timing is only available when she has enough damage to be placed on the Infirmary, but just before she is actually placed (remember that "Characters in the Infirmary are not in the HexaDome, so they cannot be the Target of any Effect." as per Wiki, so the cannot takes precedence over every other rule. That's why it has to be "but before", because if she's placed on the Infirmary, then you woldn't be able to activate Transmutation).

Btw, same explanation goes to Mr. Massacre's Epic regeneration or Prysm's Refractation

:3

Croepoek likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

Warcor

Oh, I understand how her Inner Beast works.

But the wording of Transmutation is, not good.

This will certainly need an FAQ as soon as we get a new doc.