1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MO xenotech

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Nomadimp, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

So who are people using for their xenotech in military orders?

It’s been a pretty problematic role to fill for me so far, the only valid unit that I would take normally is the FK assault hacker. Everyone else is either in a link, g: synchronized, in a marker state or a REM. Joan can’t use her coordinated LT order if she’s synchronized, but otherwise seems kinda viable maybe?

Maybe this is a reason to bring a Teutonic knight? Except that while thinking about it frenzy breaks the synchronization, so that seems pretty risky. Is the only other option some rando LI that you make a late game push with?

I genuinely like that it’s pushing me out of my comfort zone when list building but I’m not seeing a ton of options, curious how others are faring.

2. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Does it, though? There's no mention of that in CivEvac or Impetuous rules. Yes, you can't declare Synchronize Civilian if you're Impetuous - but if xeno is already in sync when you trigger Frenzy, he doesn't disconnect automatically, as far as I can tell.

Teslarod likes this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

You do not use any Fusiliers ?

4. Nomadimp

Fusiliers are definitely an option for a late game push. I’m a little more scared of fusilier LTs with the new AD rules since it’s harder to protect them but I’ve only gotten burned by it once so far. I’ve generally just stashed them deep in my DZ so would take a few orders to get them up into scoring position. I usually don’t have a ton of orders with MO so I’d have to deploy them more forward than I’m used to.

I also realized that the black friar qualifies and forward deployment helps as well. If I’m going to spend the orders moving a piece up to score I’d like them to be doing something helpful along the way.

Interesting point with frenzy, I’m not sure. I assumed that if you became ineligible for the sync that it’d break, but I could see valid argument for saying otherwise.

Also thinking about it more, can alway hand-off the xenotech. So say start with it on a fusilier and then later a hospitaller doctor breaks out of a link to pick him up and go complete objectives.

5. Nomadimp

Wow, you’re right, and brief research also suggests that the civilian becomes impetuous themselves and activates with the impetuous order. Not how I was expecting those rules to interact at all.

6. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Black friar isn't a bad choice as he wants to move up towards the center of the board anyway and he can drag the xenotech around to help prevent templates hitting him.

Stiopa and eciu like this.
  7. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Since the Auxbot is the one with G:Sync and not the Controller a Spec Sergeant OS or Seraph can also drag the Civvie around. For the Seraph it slows him down somewhat, but protects against various templates he doesn't want to hit him and his Auxbot.
    Personally I'm somehow thinking Joan V2 EXP CCW might be a good candidate. Since NWI on HI ignores Shock again, I've been trying to figure out how to leverage 6-2 Move, BS15+DTW and her CC capability. Now that she can do Classifieds, gets an ADHL in HP, can open Armoury doors, destroy Scenery Objectives and has access to a Xenotech helping her to clear templates.

With Techbee and Warcor being valueable ARO pieces/speedbumps even when Irregular, antisynergy in between Joan Lt and MO's best attack pieces (Links/Seraph) and a general issue with no CoC being available, going for the V2 non Lt Option has been an interesting concept.

8. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I ran Joan v2 last night (as Lt, though) in Frostbyte alongside a Seraph and OS link. Her having 3 orders for free (Datatracker order, Lt order and Frenzy order) was useful as well as being able to push buttons with WIP15 by being the datatracker. She did eat a Lupe Pfaust crit on the first order of my turn and went straight into NWI but she pulled out the rest of the game pretty well. Killed stuff, pushed buttons, engaged a Hellcat that walked onto the board, then got crit punched by said Hellcat while missing her own crit range by 1 :(

Overall solid pick, will have to refine the list. Having 2 fast gunfighters (her and Seraph) was really useful but the lack of Hospitaller link to break out of DZ was sorely felt.

9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well technicly you can have all 3 in a list.

I'm not saying its a good list, but it's possible:

[​IMG] Military Orders
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] JOAN OF ARC Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 51)
    [​IMG] SERAPH Spitfire, Nanopulser + AUXBOT_1 / EXP CCW. (2 | 82)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] KNIGHT HOSPITALLER HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 41)
    [​IMG] MAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I’d play that. At least once, to see how it runs. That’s an awful lot of killing power and mobility.

11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Will fold hilarious way when facing Shasvasti TO team or Bakunin.

Or new TAK.

12. Nomadimp

Huh I also totally misunderstood the g:sync limitations as well, that really opens up more options.

Non-LT Joan is very tempting, but I think it necessitates using a fusilier instead which seems less safe to me now than before, but it’s a very small sample size.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation