1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Fireteams: a proposal

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Cabaray, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Using full, normal, burst during active turn is what I file under "most scenarios". During games where I win handsomely I spend at least 8 orders per turn leveraging this active turn advantage. Close fought games or losses tend to happen when I don't get to spend many orders doing so (or just flunking my rolls), meaning locking any unit into a formation that reduces or removes my active turn advantage will simply put make most situations worse.

I don't think a fireteam like that will actually get the weaker parts of a Fireteam into action because more often than not the fireteam would be too much of a liability for the SWC weapon. Instead the modus operandi under those rules would be to form a fireteam using low-burst disposable units to stack Discovers and/or Panzerfausts on a specific target, then the decent unit would ditch the Fireteam and play vanilla.
    You know... sectorials are weaker than vanilla because of lack of options, so something needs to improve them by comparison to maintain a close fought battle.

P.s. allowing Q-Drones to split burst would perhaps be a bit excessive ;)

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Sure, but we can see in WBA that the bonus for playing a sectorial being +3 BS and +1 Burst to an arbitrarily decided unit does not make for a fun or deep game. Vanilla is too liberal thats for sure, they get AVA total zhanshi when WBA does not, then all the skirmishers with enough AVA for any 15 point list. I don't think CB can execute a global nerf to AVA in vanilla without ruining it but I don't care because I don't play Vanilla and wont so long as it's buried under pages of shared mercs.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  3. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

ETEA likes this.
  4. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

I also cam up with another idea that may be worth discussing. That is swapping out the Sixth-Sense 4 man bonus for 360 visor.

This would keep the situational awareness for the fireteam and prevent them getting shot in the back while also allowing them to be affected by Zero Visibility Zones and Suprise Attack.

5. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I feel like this would be a worse implementation on all front imo.

Not being able to be affected by ZVZ is the only reason fireteams have a shot at being a relevant ARO force, they'd be way to easy to trivialize otherwise.

Adding 360 would prevent people from playing poorly and mispositioning their troopers. With multiple models deployed closely, you should be able to cover all angles and not be shot in the back. 360 visor would solve a non-existing issue that is resolved by just playing well.

ETEA likes this.
  6. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

That's a fair assessment, as I said, I could be wrong but it would be worth play testing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation