1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I'd have to play an Offensive & a Defensive mission in order to determine which of the two I prefer over the other. So like @inane.imp I don't have a preference currently. The same goes for the Hostage & Crates missions. Though I'm leaning slightly towards a Defensive/Crate mission first then an Offensive/Hostage mission for the second one. I think it could be a good way to get our feet wet before we plunge into the ocean.

2. Golem2God

Understood. I like the roleplaying part but I agree about not needing to do every second so to speak. Hopefully the way the battles/missions play out won't be difficult to get a handle on. Still the character interactions and their personal lives within their spheres are what makes RPG's fun in my opinion. So I lean more towards building/creating/playing out their private lives over combat.

3. Golem2God

Sorry double post.

#623 Golem2God, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Actually, I realised I'd prefer offensive over defensive. Having the initiative makes planning etc easier.

More than happy to RP the social aspects but you can get bogged down that way. It's about balance.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

Agreed on the balance bit. As I stated before I'll have to play one of each mission to see where I personally lean towards.

6. inane.imp

Kicking down doors is always more fun. Absolutely it's good to be on the back foot occasionally, but from a working out who does what and how within the team POV having the initiative is makes life a whole lot easier.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Golem2God

Cause once you get the ball rolling if you keep up that momentum then things get easier and easier for you. Quite the advantageous position.

8. inane.imp

You also tend to have better situational understanding so you spend less time as hoc'ing solutions (which while fun tends to make coordination harder) and can instead set up the situation to play to our strengths (see our landing as a counter example).

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Golem2God

It was all over the place. But it can be used storywise to showcase how each of us are unfamiliar with each other. Perhaps we should do an Offensive mission first then as it will be a better advantage for Tony to shine.

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. inane.imp

Lol [emoji14]

I think it'll work well for everyone. We all have strengths we can bring to the party.

I think it's a great storytelling device: it's so so as a device for getting us to work out how we work together.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  11. Golem2God

Well if Tony & Uja'rak can get along with each other then anything can happen.

stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  12. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

I would pick offensive action too, it should be smoother option, easier to coordinate and more in line with usual operation profile.
    As for time-skip: I agree, there isn't much wrong with that, if we need to sync up the team.
    Besides, Alistair would never dare to disobey order from Lord Greywulf.

stevenart74, Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  13. Golem2God

Perhaps skip to the next morning.
    I feel sorry for the fool who calls Alistair a lapdog or a "good boy" because of his loyalty to Greywulf.

14. inane.imp

You mean Tony, right? [emoji14]

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  15. Golem2God

I hope not. How can the bromance of Human & Morat get off the ground if Tony becomes the target of an enraged werewolf fighting to restore his honor? This kind of relationship would be history in the making and lead to future peace between both races. Ok maybe not that far.

stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  16. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

"Sire, I am sorry to inform you, one of the pilots tripped and fell face first upon my Claymore. I assure you, such incidents will not happen again"

stevenart74, inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

I certainly hope it never comes to that. Though I might like to see some Morat vs Dogface action in a duel of sorts. We'll hold off on that due to the need of "field practice" during the missions.
    A training exercise would be a different scenario altogether to test such paragon specimens of combat.

#637 Golem2God, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  18. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Insofar I have read the last posts the CONSENSUS is:

"Players on Offensive; Recovery of stolen Crates of Teseum Ore; Enemies entrenched in a Cargo Depot Building" kind of Mission". . .??

@inane.imp . . .

Tony will rest the needed time (after TOO much of the "Black Continent Booze" of Moonriser, maybe) and will be fresh as a spring meadow when "Orbital Jet Lag" and any migraines will be solved by precious hours of sleep. . .

@Golem2God . . .

Those kind of Operations are "Bread & Butter" for the Merovingian Metropolitan Police, that USUALLY call the "Loup Garous" when perpetrators are heavy with Dogwarrior Brutes / Wulver Bandits / Antipode "Chained Pitbulls". . .

Discussing Human-Styled Tactics and Weapon Loadout with the Wife could grant some useful Tactical Bonus. . .

@Beodren . . .

The "Evening Sunset Dinner Date" is NOT jeopardized; provided the Noble Haqqislamite Lady does NOT fall for the lustful musk of the "Handsome Werewolf Prince" and there is a "Torrid Night Of Passion" (NOPE ! Both Your character and the ARISTOCRATIC Hunzakut Genengineer are NOT that kind of People. . . . .I envison a lenghty courtly romance like the ones of the "Paladin Knights of Yore" !!) in the middle of the Night / Early Pre-Sunrise the Squad Commander will be spry, hale and ready to bash AGAIN Robotic Headpieces. . .!!

If ANY of You want to request / requisition / demand special "Equipement Gear" or "Pre-Battle Training Gym Exercises" (A.K.A. testing New Talent / Skillsets aquired with the X.P. that the G.M. will handle AS SOON AS POSSIBLE) just ask. . .

. . . . .

@Danger Rose . . .

Care to cast a Vote for the kind of Operation. . .??

Should You have not so much time to think about the "Perfect Stealth Gecko Loadout" then I will TRY to kitbash together something based on Tony's Exoframe Stats that is the MOST well-balanced possible (and that could help / enhance the Morat Warband Veteran and the Dogwarrior Caledonian Highlander kind of style at the best outcome) . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Golem2God

Well then, I guess Uja has a subject of conversation to converse with Bella about.

20. Golem2God

@stevenart74 Danger Rose might be preoccupied with other matters. At least I hope that is the case with his absence as of late.

#640 Golem2God, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation