1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Can you give us any of your character ideas or at least hints of them? Maybe I could help you think of what the coffin contains inside if I had a little info.

2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I discussed with @Yasashii Fuyu the POSSIBLE Option to have a Karakuri "Maidservant + Bodyguard" as "Character's Sidekick". . .

It was a call-back to another "Upgraded Karakuri" called Yuki (if I remember well) that was created as funny comedical relief and household bodyguard for its namesake Character for the Infinity Event (I.S.S. Hsien Commander AND Nihonjin Shogun !!!). . .

He is not so keen to have a direct porting of a similar stuff and so I left Him to decide WHATEVER He reaaly want in the coffin-shaped box. . .

Could be a Kakrakuri optimized as Spear-Fencing Sparring Partner. . . . .another more "Arachnoid" Drone like the one of @oldGregg. . . . .a couple of Tinbot-sized "Mini-Me Kitchen Helpers". . . . .a Cybernetically Enhanced "Akita Imperial Dog". . . . .The frozen corpse of an Enemy / Acquaintance / Bystander. . . . . a really, Really, REALLY kind of Obnoxious "Otaku Fanboy / Fangirl". . . . . .!!!

. . . . .

On a sadder not My Main Computer started to behave weirdly Today and I had to bring it to the Technicians; I SHOULD be able to proceed with Game Post and SHOULD be able to post the Coloured Rough Concepts of the Players Characters and ALSO quite importantly SHOULD be able to complete a Sketched Illustrated Material for a Timeline Scheduled Work. . .

If I'm not able to proceed expediently as I wanted to, then You know why is that. . . . .

inane.imp, Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  3. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Ok, I've come up with a little idea, I'll just need to run it past Steven so I know if my mad idea is too crazy to use, or not :-P

4. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

I will leave the note about Galahad here:

Galahad is Geist based on Alistair now dead companion from Scots Guard. it is a Gesit designated to assist in observation and to act as a spotter for shooting. Similar to Alistair, mostly kept in private mode. Said friend was a close friend, thus helping to remained focused even in Dog-warrior form, thus it will often refer to Alistair per "Fluffy" or "Al"

At least that is basic geist, since Alistair would receive cube and Geist much later in his life.

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Chances of the idea being too crazy are slim to none [emoji14]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stevenart74 and Danger Rose like this.
  6. Yasashii Fuyu

You Sir seriously underestimate my mind's capability to produce crazy :-P

stevenart74 likes this.
  7. inane.imp

You're underestimating our GM's interest in taking the crazy and running with it [emoji14]

Just embrace the crazy,let it flow through you.

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  8. Yasashii Fuyu

Ok, finally updated my post, if any of you already reacted to it, I'll react to that tomorrow morning. It's been quite a busy day today.

PS: Yeah I know...the scene I described is hell of cheesy :-P

stevenart74 likes this.
  9. stevenart74

@Yasashii Fuyu . . .

Well, "Reaction" could depends if the other Players will be swayed by @inane.imp screaming "Shaasvastii Infiltrators! Speculo Killers !! Cybernetic Face-Huggers !!!" and shooting away, or if "Cooler Heads" will prevail. . .:joy::joy::cold_sweat: !!

@oldGregg will have also to react to @Danger Rose 's Catgirl "Invading the Personal Space" of the Desert Bike. . .

But I think that UNLESS something very, Very, VERY wrongfully understood evolve the Cargo Bay in a "Firefight Bonanza" rather than AT MOST a tense "Mexican Standoff. . . . .In Space !!" then the scne aboard the "Rough Rocinante" will be somehow soon wrapped up and anyone present on the Starship will board the Orbital Shuttle and go towards donwside to New Knossos Island. . .

As for the Island, maybe the Player Characters of @Golem2God and @Beodren would chance a meeting (with the obnoxious LaTigre Balam tagging along, probably. . .!!) as clearly the Morat Krakot Renegade would "Ping" on the Caledonian Dogwarrior Geist Algorythms as the BEST possible "Second-In-Command" for the Squad. . .

By the way. . .

@loricus will have also to react to the various options that have been proposed to His character too. . . . .!!!

10. inane.imp

:disappointed:I'll stop before I vent the entire compartment to space then (it's the only way to be sure). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: also, Orokos is a really good system for this. I just linked my rolls in-line, it seemed easiest.

#50 inane.imp, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  11. Beodren

@stevenart74

Yup, I believe mine and @Golem2God are on their way to run into each other. I also take Alistair likely knows Belle, due to his heavy leaning towards the disciplined part of the camp?

12. stevenart74

Absolutely @Beodren , She is considered by Colonèl-Gèneral Marianne Labory (a Natural Secondary Leader for Alistair's Tastes after "Sworn-Liege Lord" Grey Graywulf) ONE of the Best "Merovingian Operatives" (if not THE BEST) between the Minotaurs. . .

And it is wise for an Ariadnan Dogface be very knowledgeable about their "Natural Enemies": the Loup-Garous with their Viral Sniper Rifles (also because, as shown by the Outrage Manga, when a Dogwarrior is in a Berserker Blood-Frenzy a Viral Syringe could be the ONLY practical "Quick Solution" !!!). . . . .

I leave the details and specifics to @Golem2God . . . . .after all is His Character's Wife. . .

When You two meet REMEMBER that Your "Combat Pets", Cybermane and "Old Scaleface", are an Antipode and a Snakewolf, natural dire foes as could Brown Bears and Timber Wolves go. . .

It will be easy to reign them in and calm them down; the Snakewolf is fitted with a "Pheromone-Tazer Controller Collar" and Cybermane has "Safeguards" built-in INSIDE its Cybernetic Brain Parts. . .

#52 stevenart74, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  13. Yasashii Fuyu

Just a little info about the hangar scene just now. Kasa is actually a hacker, and her arrival at the scene has some serious support behind it, which is what made that little stunt a possibility. I'm aware that normally pulling something like that off might require some rolls, but in the interest of saving time and not letting this escalate too much I simpy rolled with it this time :-P Hope Tony doesn't mind too much.

I also love how different the sides of this incident see these things. To the ultra rich and famous Miyu and her friend, this is nothing but a little joke amongst friends, no big deal obviously, with no concern at all about the crew of the ship since they are "only workers doing their job", but to a ship crew that has to hold up security and cargo integrity, this obviously is a nightmare!

I hope this set up a few of the character's flaws a bit, as I feel we might be having a lot of combat, and I wanted to take this opportunity to show that she isn't quite as "down to reality" as she probably should be yet, simply because it had always worked out for her until now, and she usually has the skills or connections to somehow pull it off even if it annoys the crap out of everyone around. And she's obviously socially quite inept so considering other people's situations and feelings during things like this aren't her strong point either :-P

14. Beodren

@stevenart74

I take I can proceed freely towards the armory with Alistair then?

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  15. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I have found a name for Scaleface. Hence forth his name shalt be..Knucker. An old English snake-like winged water dragon that attacked with venom or constriction.

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  16. stevenart74

@Yasashii Fuyu . . .

Don't worry, these specifics of Your Character I think that they PERFECTLY define Your Character in an amusing manner. . .

@Beodren . . .

Yes, proceed to the Main Armoury Gunshop (to take some Extra Clips of A.P. / Dum-Dum "Manstoppers" Ammo for Your Weapons, and some SINGLE spare bullets of T2; REMEMBER they are "Munition: Single Shot Stuff" in MY Campaign World !!) where You will meet also the Morat. . .

@Golem2God

"Knucker" the Ruby-Skulled, Ruby-Eyed riding beast of Slaine, the mythological Warrior-King of the Sessairs, the mythological People of the "Legendary Land" of Tir-Na-Nog that predated the Celts of Ireland and Britain. . .

Good idea, I like it. . .

Also I don't remember if we previously discussed about a Vulkan Shotgun for Your Character, but it does not matter. . .

For the sake of Rule Brevity, in MINE Ariadna Gameworld, "Vulkan Shotguns" are JUST Standard Boarding Shotguns that fires "Dragonsbreath Phosporous Shells" and with a Teseum-Reinforced Barrell to withstand the heat-warping (and Yes, You could ALSO fire T2 Shotgun Shells in it, of the few that COULD be given to You). . .

It could be a cherished gift of another Morat, but is STILL "Human Lowtech Stuff" (Morats are the ONLY OTHER Race of Infinity to employ widespread "Vintage Cased Ammo", other than Ariadnans and SELECTED Haqqislamites, but the Alien Guns are NOT interchangeable easily wih Human Ones). . .

We could jump immediatly with Your Character retrieving it (from "Under the Bed" perhaps, so the Joke of LaTigre Balam of "Risking Burning Down the Bedroom" is NOT so far off !!) and arriving to the Armoury to have it fitted with a chosen "Sight" and MAYBE an Underbarrell "M203" 40mm. Grenade Launcher (and able to fire Incendiary Ammunition in variable settings, this REALLY is a thing that could have @Danger Rose Character "SQUEEEE!!!" with Delight !!). . .

Also You will be given the option of obtaining ALSO a "Sawed Off M79 Blooper" that instead of being Rifle-Sized is reduced down to Grenade Pistol Size. . .

And of Smoke Bombs they will give You at Ten-Grenade Belt-Carriers in Boxes (PLURAL rather than the parsimoniously counted SINGLES T1 / T2 / T3 "Special Teseum Bullets"). . .

"Gong" Light Shotgun Pistols (like the one of Dreanna, but rather less fancy and perfected), Chain-Colts, Combirevolvers (Heavy Handcannons with a SINGLE Shotgun Underbarrell), Silenced Semiauto Pistols (fully silent light 3round burst-capable and heavier suppressed single shots), Gunblade Assault Pistols (Nomads styled, Ariadnan Bullets) and even lighter "Gunblade Machinepistols" shaped like Russian Skorpions will be ALL available "Sidearm Handguns" that Your Character could easily acquire (no MORE than 3, MAX 4 strapped on Your persona, with a sensible Ammo Clip number of Reloads). . .

Also You exprssed the desire of trying a "Stripped-Down Sawed-Off" Ariadnan Assault Rifle as a sort of "Heavy Submachinegun" (that You COULD be strong enough to fire Single-Handed, even with decreased aim efficacy); Sir Alistair own EXACTLY that specific Weapon. . .

A further "Player-Characters Bonding" could be the request to try-out the weapon (that have a Gyroscopic Weight put in the Pistol Grip, to allow even a strong Dogwarrior to fire it as an "Oversized Assault Pistol" one-handed) to have another cut-out for the Morat, too. . .

Other possibility of the Daturazi Krakot to be QUITE impressed is that the "Family Heirloom Blade" that the Caledonian Dogwarrior employ is ENOUGH Big and Lethal to be similar to the one employed by Raicho T.A.G.s for honor duels or "Hunting Megafauna" bigger than the Demaroks Apex Predators that provide the precious, covered "White Head-Helmet Fur" of the fearsome Alien Exoarmours. . .

Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

Isn't there a Vulkan Shotgun weapon profile in the RPG book? I would find it shocking that the core book wouldn't have the Vulkan in the weapon or gear section. I sure that it is in there if you take a look.

Danger Rose and inane.imp like this.
  18. inane.imp

Yeah. If this was a NPC by this point I'd be venting it as garbage before any inspectors asked too many questions. Thanking god that Ariadnan space isn't closely monitored enough that someone is going to wonder why there's some Nomad trash burning up in the atmosphere. Probably only keeping the commlog and some genetic samples so the Roci's crew could work out just who fucked with their lives. Way less complicated than dealing with a high tech stowaway who you owe nothing to.

And nah, I get why you didn't roll anything. No skin off Tony's nose. But I wouldn't be so sure about the Roci's crew: you've left more than enough hanging threads for them to chase down given how brute force that attack must have been. And given a Nomad merchant ship just got minor-league pwned like it was nothing by an AI showing Aleph tech that's gotta perk the Observance interest. Have fun. ;)

I kinda expect Betty will let me know a little about how you pulled it off. But that might need some rolls? @stevenart74?

Danger Rose likes this.
  19. inane.imp

Yes it is. It's why we recommended them for Drea's TAG's close range armament, with a ML firing Fire Ammo as the long Range.

But yeah, they're almost literally BSGs that replace their Normal (Area) ammo with Fire (Area) ammo.

Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  20. Golem2God

@inane.imp Glad to hear it.

Interesting idea. So attach a grenade launcher to the underside of the Vulkan Shotgun?
    How will that do range wise? I'm looking for something to launch smoke or normal grenades far to cover advances or get enemies behind cover form a distance.
    Maybe but the decrease aim doesn't seem too inviting.
    A Chain-Colt sounds nice.
    What is everyone else's loadouts? I want to, if able, cover some areas that the group might be lacking such as me bringing the smoke to cover our advances or retreats.

#60 Golem2God, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation