1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@inane.imp What is Tony allergic to exactly? Has he had it throughout his life or is if something he's had recently?
    Any hints about why TT's life is currently a mess?

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. Golem2God

@inane.imp I forgot to mention that I'm now looking forward to Tony and the Death Monkey's meeting. Perhaps Ugee will stroll on over to TT's location since it seems they are close by.

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Planets. He's allergic to planets. [emoji14]

His immune system will get used to it in a while. I'm just playing up the "you're not in Kansas anymore" a little for characterisation purposes only.

Basically I have him on a cocktail of acclimatisation drugs (you may have noticed he's been popping them often). Bone density, muscle mass enhancers for dealing with constant planetary gravity, antihistamines for dealing with alien biology and probably something else to account for adjusting to a different day/night cycle.

I'm embracing Nomad technology: better living through Metachemistry. ;)

Re: his mess of a life. His Merc outfit got screwed by a Tunguskan employer, his partner (the person who designed Betty) died (proper cube-death, we think), he assaulted the employer (quite badly), his employer then used his connections to black-ball Tony (he also made it clear that Tony dying would make him happy), Mateo smuggled Tony off the motherships before he was killed. So this job is basically the bottom of a downward spiral. Normally he wouldn't sign on with so unorthodox an outfit: he's a little bitter about it. ;)

#423 inane.imp, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  4. Golem2God

With the way Nomads wander from planet to planet I can see why their body's systems would go out of whack from time to time. Good thing they have something to help them cope with the stress of constantly shifting new environments. I just hope the treatments don't give any bad side effects as drugs so often do.

5. inane.imp

Sshh. Stop giving our evil GM good ideas. [emoji14]

But in reality, as you say I expect these are in fairly common usage so hardly experimental tech.

6. Golem2God

They better be. I'd hate for poor Tony to suffer like that.

stevenart74 likes this.
  7. inane.imp

"Common side-effects include irritability, fatigue and paranoia." [emoji14]

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  8. Golem2God

Oh dear. That will be an obstacle to overcome if he is to have any friends or acquaintances.

stevenart74 likes this.
  9. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@Golem2God , @inane.imp . . .

Usually many of the Exoplanets of the Human Sphere are more-or-less, "Sanitized" to good levels of very harmful Microfauna, Virus and Bacterias (albeit NOT to the extent of the Nomads Motherships). . .

Unfortunately Ariadna's Country, Planet Dawn, is quite on the contrary, with a "Virgin Status of Undeveloped Planet" that could be quite harmful to unprepared "Spacers", so Tony's precautions are quite wise indeed (even if, on New Knossos Island are there "Top Notch" facilities of Med-Labs housed by the best Mercs available between Haqqislamites, Nomads of Bakunin and even Tohaa Renegades). . .

The ONLY places worse than Planet Dawn are Paradiso "The Green Hell", were EVERY Part of the Floral Biosphere is ACTIVELY harmful to EVERYTHING (with Jungle Trees absorbing back unattended buildings in a matter of days or even HOURS; micro-algae devouring Advanced Technology and small "Fitoplancton" styled tiny vegetal organisms entering the bloodstream of Humans and trying to kill it). . .

In fact, being a "Paradiso Warfront Veteran" (like Alistair of @Beodren is) comprises a package of "Antibody Immunities" very coveted on
    ANY of the Mercs Companies. . .

And obviously there is Ugarat, the Morat Race home planet, where EVERY PART of the Biosphere is lethally attuned to Kill (it seems one of the "Deathworlds" of Warhammer 40.000 like Catachan; seriously they developed "Raicho" Exoframes as a BIG GAME HUNTING TOOL !!); Uja's Antibodies (further enhanced by the Daturazi grueling "Pain Conditioning") had actually a "Pleasant Vacation Holiday" on Paradiso. . .

. . . . .

@Yasashii Fuyu . . .

We lack JUST Your "Team Roll-Call Check" to further go along the Battle Closure. . . . .

Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  10. inane.imp

Hey now. Just because Tony spent his tour in orbit (like anyone with half a brain) doesn't mean he's not a Paradiso vet. [emoji14]

Opposed boarding over jungle fighting any day of the week. :)

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  11. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

But this way he cannot have jungle fighter flashbacks and unexplained affection for Creedence Clearwater!

inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  12. stevenart74

"Pinged" @Yasashii Fuyu on P.M. to check if everything is right and could post its Character's answer (I know that often He had R.W. issues with Family / Work / Healthcare. . .) but we could assume that His character, being a "Mayastar T.A.G. Gladiatrix" maybe is "Lost" in composing a proper shiny "New Mayacast" celebrating the spectacular arrival on Planet Dawn. . .

If some Player Character want to interact directly, there is His "Attendant Ancillary N.P.C." the Gynoid Limited A.I. "Kunoichi Maid" that could take some "Questions" for Her "Bossy Mistress". . .

One of the motives that I allowed some powerful N.P.C. "Attendants" is to act as "In-Between" for Players that could not act immediatly when addressed by other Players; even the Animalistic (such as @Beodren "Cyborg Antipode", with a Chip-Enhanced Brain, or @Golem2God "Snakewolf", smart as a Jurassic Park Velociraptor) or the more "Robotic" Drones have a Com-Log "Slaved" to their P.C. Master's one and could AT LEAST record a Message that will be addressed, later, by a P.C. Geist. . .

In fact Geists and Com-Logs were described as a manner of linking very distant Characters, both in "Space" than in "Time", without constraining the G.M. to "Usurp Control" of an "Temporarily Unmanned" P.C. (that I find often a problem because sometimes goes against the wishes and ideas of a Player). . .

You can stay in the middle of the wreckage of the Airfield Battlezone (awaiting the "Elite Team" that come to retrieve Alistair's "Precious Package", the "Nexus Core Mainframe" of a downed Enemy Flyer Drone), go toward a more comfortable zone (where Support Personnel will deliver the remaining "Baggage" of the Players Characters that were in the Orbital Shuttle) and ask the Humandroids of H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. to go there or whatever else they want. . .

Characters that were YET part of the Minotaurs such as Alistair (that is not only a Mercenary Army Lieutenant, but ALSO a Caledonian Scion of a Mormaer Dukes Clan) or Uja (Mercs Master Sergeant, and married with another Ariadnan Merc, with two Adoptive Sons in tow) have YET very spacious accomodations in some part of the Island "Family Compounds" that could be either set in Fortified Bungalows in the Island Surface or in Underground Bunkers (less comfy, but with far, far less "Security Concerns"). . .

Any other arriving Players that are NOW becoming full-fledged Minotaurs' Mercs could choose their own accomodations (No multiple Barracks, Single Multi-Room Apartements are available), that will be a little more "Spartans" but easily customized and bettered. . .

As a side note, for "Cultural Root Reasons" the two Nomad Characters, Dreanna and Tony, will feel "More At Home" in the Underground Cavern System (so reminding of Asteroid Mines that they yet inhabited and worked in), while Miyu would vastly prefer an Above-Surface "Bungalow" where could be easily created a "Zen Garden", along with Japanese sliding-doors interiors and Tatami floors. . .

In any case all of these new accomodations will be quite nearby the Exoframe Hangars where the Mercs T.A.G.s are housed (and for a G.M. fiat "Deus Ex Machinaed" to be very nearby Alistair and Uja lodgings). . .

Should a "Spoiled Hyperpower-Pampered" Character (such as Miyu COULD POTENTIALLY be. . .!!) want some more good Lodgings, the "Mount Saint Michel D'Ariadne" is the most comfortable place where to live in New Knossos Island; former lodgings of the Owners of the Old Teseum Mines, is a Hilltop Village that has been "Touristified" by Merovingian Civilian Support Personnel. . .

just imagine a "Cote D'Azur" (French Seaside near Marseille) hilltop quaint small town, with a good seaside view and You'll be not far off; there are both nice, rustic Small Hotels (catering to Mercenary Officers off-duty) or even "Bed & Breakfast" lodgings with very able and helpful Civilian Staff Houses. . .

The Community is a little distant from the Mercenary H.Q. or other "Sensible Locations", with steep hill dust-roads, but the Minotaurs have built a Helipad nearby the Village Main Plaza, with ALWAYS on duty a couple of Small Helijets that could bring quite speedy some P.C. to the hangars for an emergency. . .

While a "Personalized Report" of each Character performance on the Airport Battle is to be expected, any P.C. will soon meet some "Field Aspects" of H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. to retrieve the package and the A.I. could easily open a "Hypersecure Channel" with any of the "High Command" Officers of the Mercenary Company. . .

For each Player Characters "Preferences" to whose High Officer N.P.C. to report. . .

@Beodren . . .

Lord Greywulf (Caledonian Veteran Clan Chieftain) is YET Alistair's "Lord & Liege" and another Highlander Noble; it will be automatic to assume is the PREFERRED N.P.C. of reference. . .

@Golem2God . . .

While Uja has yet started to treat Lord Greywulf as His "Sotarak Warmaster", also the direct Superior of His wife, the Merovingian Metros Colonèl-Gèneral Marianne Labory, as "Security Overseer" of New Knossos Island, will be very interested to hear a professional account. . .

@inane.imp . . .

The two most "Senior" between Corregidoran Mercenaries in the Minotaurs are those who PERSONALLY vouched for His hiring in the Ariadna-based Company; not direct acquaintances, but Tony is a "Legend" in its own right between Corregidor Troops. . .

LaTigre Balam is a veteran "Jaguar Boss Lady" that is slowly becoming an Uberfallkommando Chimera; She is MAYBE a little too unhinged and too sex-driven for Tony's tastes, but also a very informal, gregarious "Boss". . .

"Moonsweeper" is another veteran from Corregidor, a Mobile Brigada Officer (of Masai African Ethnicity) that has been hideously wounded in battle and decided to be "Cyber-Encased" into his customized Heavy Infantry Powersuit, rather than try Biotech Reconstruction or Lhost Rebuilding; while far more professional than the "Jaguar Babe" is also quite infamous in a dark way, because ACTIVELY, POSITIVELY seethe with hatred against the Hyperpowers that treathen the Nomad Nations; is also considered a "Wanted Terrorist" by O-12 for bloody "Pirate Raids" against Military Installations of Pan-Oceania, Yu-Jing and even A.L.E.P.H. !!

@Yasashii Fuyu . . .

"Moonsweeper" could be considered a "Reference" ALSO for Your Character; while quite "Dishonourable" from Samurai Standards, and a Wanted Criminal (with an Imperial "Death Penalty" on its Head) for Yujing, also is AGAINST the Chinese and NOT the other Minorities of Yijing. . .

In fact his smuggling / piratical / criminal liaisons have helped a lot the Oppressed between Koreans, Mongolians, Thais and, obvioulsy, Nihonjin Japaneses. . .

It is quite helpful to whom He perceive as "Oppressed People", but his methods are quite bloodthirsty and uncompromising. . .

@Danger Rose . . .

"Mother Kitsune" (a Moirae Superior that is ALSO a Fox-Lady Chimera !!) is one of the most Senior Paramilitary Officer of the Bakunin Observancers (with a rank comparable to a Pan-Oceanian Knightly Order "Colonel-Abbott") and DE-FACTO "Local Liaison" of the Black Hand secret service of the Nomads. . .

Another ranking Bakunite is Captain Thomas Sylvestri of the Moderators; gregarious and spontaneous, is also a consummate seducer and womanizer (even if happily married with an Ex-Panoceanian Expats), and a Male Cat Chimera too. . . . .!!

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Hey guys, thanks for pinging me, I wanted to write you guys for days already but I just kept getting disrupted when I thought I found the time.

Sadly I think I won't be able to participate in the RPG for the next forseeable future *sigh* Real live got really stressfull recently (as it usually does in autumn to be honest), I had to quit my slow grow Infinity Campaign as I couldn't even find the time to paint a single miniature so far and was supposed to have painted 6-7 until end of September, my last Infinity game was like 2 months ago, I barely find time to play any games at all and have to resort to playing crappy mobile games on my way to work to still feel like I have something like a hobby.....and even though I wish to write, I haven't been able to write anything on my Blog either for like ages.....work and family just keep eating all my time.

So yeah....it frankly pains me a lot as I really love the characters and effort everyone put into this so far, but I don't think I'll be able to participate anytime soon anymore. If possible keep my characters in the background somewhere as maybe come spring, I'll find some time again as projects slow down at work, but for now it just wouldn't be fair to continue to slow you guys down with my lack of time to write.

Sorry for this!! *bows down in sad apology*

inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  14. stevenart74

Sorry to hear that life is kicking You in the nuts (as my shitty FIRST Half of summer can attest, when Shit Hits The Fan . . . It RALLY Hits The Fan !!). . .

Don't worry this is a good moment to have Your character "Fade In The Background" (attached to a N.P.C. Squad or executing "Solo Missions" on its own). . .

I'm quite adept to have P.B.P. games with immediate spikes downward (or upward) in popularity. . .

So long at last 1 or 2 Players are still steady and interesse then I Will NOT let it die. . .

At the moment we have still 4 active Players, but there is a little catch that I have to address. . .

The game started as quite "T.A.G.Centric" but soon ALMOST all the Players interested in piloting a Heavy Exoframe started to disappear. . .

Now we have an exceptionally burly Morat and a Cyborg Dogwarrior with two Gecko Pilots. .

As Geckos are considered rather clumsy and large Superheavy Powered Armours rather than "true" Tactical Armoured Gears MAYBE we could consider to have Tony and Dreanna piloting some line of experimental Ariadnan Powersuit Made of Teseum (some sort of Blackjack for Tony and one of the nearest Kazan Frames for Dramma, with the Rocket Pods filled with Incendiary Warheads). . .

This Will have Me the possibility of having enemies scaled to face ALL the Players without fear of excessive force against a too weak P.C. and viceversa. . .

Also ALL the Squad could be loaded, and deployed, with a Single V.T.O.L. Flyer, with maximized tactical efficiency. . .

Let Me know all' what do You Think of it!

15. inane.imp

Who you callin' clumsy? [emoji14]

The skillsets between HI and TAG Pilot are quite differently mechanically, so we'd need to rework it a bit.

Honestly though, I don't think it'll be an issue. Alistair tearing into something with a T2 Claymore will be about as powerful as Tony playing tactically as a TAG.

Just roll with it. :)

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  16. stevenart74

Skillset are just an abstraction in the Ruleset, as with many stuff of the Rules created by Modiphius and then adapted to the Infinity Universe. . .

After all Iguana Pilots are BOTH T.A.G. Operators and Heavy Infantry Troopers. . .

Even in the Tabletop Wargame they have started to muddy the issue with the S5 and S6 sized Exoframes; is the Ariadnan Blackjack the Heaviest of the "Superheavy Infantry Armours" (far more cumbersome than Azrail, Taskmasters, Ahl-Fassed, Kriza Boracs, the Morat Elite Supersoldiers and the new "Samurai Robot" one. . .). . .??

Or are rather the most Lightweight between Tactical Armoured Gears. . .

About the Geckos there are a lot of discussions ongoing in the Nomads Subforum decrying them as subpar if compared to Taskmasters and Kriza Boracs, even if these should be decisively less endowed in Armour Value and Structural Points. . .

What is important is that BOTH Tony AND Dreanna have Cyber-Implants, Personalized Geists and Training to employ whatever kind of Servo-Assisted Armour that is between a very variable level class. . .

About Alistair and Uja is NOT their combat prowess that is worrying Me; they are rather lethal in Ranged and ESPECIALLY in Close Melee. . .

But they are rather "Squishy" if compared to ANY kind of Heavy Infantry Suit or even Lightweight T.A.G.s as previously discussed. . .

They have an efficient "Dodge Skillset" system, but there is only SO MUCH Antitank Warheads that You could potentially avoid, and even Non-Military Enemies could carry and launch A LOT of Hand Grenades to saturate an area, if Exoframes are attacking their bases. . .

Is not the single, lumbering "Heavy Enemy Boss" that You have to fear, but the "Hordes of Mooks" with enough concentrated firepower that staurates a relatively small area (with the Rules as they are even Assault Pistol Bursts or Blasts from Light Shotguns and Chainrifles could be an issue if there are ENOUGH enemies firing together). . .

But this could also means that a Tactically Prepared sound Plan could be the key to victory if the enemy is caught unprepared. . .

And if the Players know beforehand that they will face Heavy Armed Opposition nothings blocks Uja'Rak to garb itself in multiple swates of Kevlar and Armourplates (is bigger than a Standard Human, but not so much to not find useful Protective Gear, especially in a place where Chimeras, Wulvers and Dogwarriors abound); there is NOT at the moment "Battleform-Sized" Armour for Ariadnan Dogfaces, but nothing blocks Alistair to carry a big slab of Teseum as improvised shield (with the Heavy Cyberarm that He own, could even conceivably rip the Armoured Door of an A.P.C. and employ it as "Tower Shield"). . .

It is just a matter of Players Preferences. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

I mean Alistair is built to have two "let's not get shred before I get into combat" mechanisms. One being dodge, the other stealth. I think with 16s on skulking around it should be very much possible to get around, without spooking to many people until it is too late. Especially with all the wonderful camo cloaks

As for housing: If I recall correctly dogfaces hate confined spaces, so Alistair would certainly prefer house on the surface, especially spacious one, where he could have a small office, especially since he for now likely handled training and reports, acting more as a typical officer within organization.

Finally handler: Duke is perfect choice, failing to contact him, general.

P.S.

I just realized Tony has potential to bind the group since:
    a)He is fellow Paradiso vet alongside Alistair
    b)Fellow Nomad along Dreanna
    c)Fellow engineer and outcast alongside Uja.

Shame he is most antisocial of the group.

Golem2God, inane.imp and stevenart74 like this.
  18. inane.imp

That's mainly because he doesn't trust you.

As much as he has commonality along those lines, there's also blockers to trust.

1) Alistair is an atech ground pounder.
    2) Dreanna is a pyromaniac with a checkered path
    3) Uruk is a Morat.

You've basically hit all three of his major biases. It'd only be worse if Uruk was Shasvasti.

Tony needs Alistair to display competence.
    Dreanna to show reliability.
    Uruk to show loyalty.

That takes time. Alistair's on the right track though.

Edit: @loricus and I are both firmly in the "Geckos are awesome" camp of the Nomad forums.

#438 inane.imp, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  19. stevenart74

@inane.imp . .

Minor Nitpick. . . .

Its Uja'Rak and not Uruk. . . . .even if there are quite similitudes between Morats and Space Orks !!

. . . . .

No problem if You want to stay in "Gecko Size"; that was just a possibility I was considering. . .

Also "Squishiness" of the others is becoming a "Not Issue". . .

@Golem2God is seriously considering to "Upgrade" from a Half-Naked Daturazi, running around shirtless while tossing Smoke Bombs and pray-spraying with a Chainrifle, to something more. . . . .Robust !!

In fact the Background of the Character have Him hailing from an Engineer Clan of Morats, that when turning Military becomes Yaogat Sapper-Artillerists or even Support Tech for Sogarat Superheavy Infantry or Rasyat Jump-Troopers. . .

He could easily reverse-engineer some Morat Tech (maybe with the help of Your Character and Dreanna of @Danger Rose !!) with Nomads Servomuscle Myomars (employed in Geckos, while Guijias are mainly Hydraulic Actuators underneath) AND Teseum Alloy Armourplates to create something truly lethal. . .

. . . . .

As for Alistair of @Beodren He is of Mormaer Ducal Noble Lineage; a 100% Pure Teseum "Full Plate Suit" is in His "Birthright & Privilege" to wear, but was thought that Dogwarriors could not be properly employ it. . .

But was also thought that Dogwarriors (Morphing Lycanthropes with very limited regeneration) could not employ Cyberlimbs !!

. . . . .

One of the "Charter Mandates" of the Minotaur Mercenary Company is to employ to support "Ariadnan Native Savvyness" with Haqqislamite / Nomads / Tohaa "Limited Hitech" to actually . . . . ."Make Possible What Is Otherwise Impossible On Planet Dawn !!" (such as kicking the rear side of all the Hyperpowers Corporation greedily land-grabbing Teseum-Rich Mines !!). . . . .

20. stevenart74

Some more further "Campaign Plot Seeds" put for each Active Players (along with an improvised, on-the-spot, explanation about WHY the Player Character of @Yasashii Fuyu is NO MORE a Squad Member). . .

I underscore that ALL THE SQUAD could go "Chill, Debrief & Unwind" at the "Rustic Highlander Cottage" of Lieutenant Alistar (nearby the Fortified "Castle" of Lord Greywulf, and also nearby Uja'Rak Family House). . .

The "Aspects Trio" of H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. "Hollow Men / Puppetactica" (well rather more similar to "Chappie" of Humandroid than the latest Cybernetic Troopers of Tunguska) will come to collect the prize there, as is a location like the other. . .

In that manner the Squadmates could relax and start to know each other (Excellent Occasion of Roleplay that Your GENEROUS Gamemaster could POTENTIALLY reward !!!). . . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation