1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mines and Sixth Sense

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Weathercock, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

So, Sixth Sense says:

If the user declares Dodge, no negative MODs are applied, with the exception of the -6 PH MOD for Immobilized-A State.

Now, the question here is, does that count for mines? Sixth Sense only activates when targeted by an attack (one interesting although highly niche thing I realized having read that is that Sixth Sense can be used to ignore Martial Arts mods in CC, if you're in the position to dodge), but the rules for mines are unclear as to whether the triggering of them is considered an attack or not.

2. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

from wording it looks like placing a template is an attack

https://infinitythewiki.com/Mines
    https://infinitythewiki.com/Direct_Template_Weapons

Diphoration likes this.
  3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Why would it not?

4. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Because the mine itself does not list 'attack' as one of its action traits, and is not an action that a player actually declares.

5. Papa Bey

I'm going to have to go with Lesh above. Directly placed templates are placed as part of an attack. If there was an attack then Sixth Sense would be valid.

As a semi separate point, I don't see any suggestion it would work special for mines, other than poor technical writing.

6. pseudonymmster

This doesn't really answer the question. It says that you place templates with a mine, and that when you use a weapon that is a direct template weapon, you place the template with the attack.

The problem is that mines don't declare any skills with the TAG "Attack" on them.

7. Papa Bey

I guess we're foiled.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation