1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mines and Civilians

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hecaton, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If it does, the rules are bad at describing it. They use the words "move" and "end movement" and "exit zone of control" far too much :)
    Yeah, but what about the path and the path's interaction with the All at Once rule? I mean, the reason I wrote that house rule for Nordic Masters is to do with the whole idiotic perimeter-clearing-all-mines-everywhere issue, but what about a simple thing like blocking a second move skill?

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Wouldn't executing an illegal move mean the skill becomes an Idle?

Mahtamori and oldGregg like this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

And the Mine triggers?

4. DukeofEarl

Hmm yeah, since the Civ wouldn't be moving in to block the template that would seem to follow. Provided moving to an illegal location results in an Idle instead of stopping short of that spot.

Wait, did I just turn this into an intent discussion?

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Very good point.
    ♪"spin me right 'round"♫
    Depends on if it's the trooper or the civilian that gets bumped back. If the trooper movement crossed the mine, but the civilian didn't, then the civilian would still have declared a legal skill and would also execute the same legal skill.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  6. DukeofEarl

Didn't think about blocking the mine location with the trooper. Interesting.

7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I teleport Koalas into B2B and remove them on detonation for that reason. ;)

Also, I resent that that issue is idiotic. It's really useful on the grounds of MAD: I don't trigger all the Mine's on the table and my opponent's don't bounce templates off Koalas mid Boost. So it saves me the effort of declaring paths for my Koalas that don't inadvertently risk having inactive troops templated. [emoji14]

I will admit, Boost movement happens at Resolution *is* a neater way to conceive the rule.

That being said, re: all-at-one-time take Dodge. Nobody prevents people Dodging through space that was previously occupied by an enemy. Nor are you prevented from Deploying a Mine into space that was previously occupied by an enemy. People play that where you are prevents another figure from occupying the same space. Consequently I don't think that a triggered Mine or detonated Perimeter Item prevents movement: they're not really there anymore.

DukeofEarl and Mahtamori like this.
  8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Oh I understand that. My point is more to question the choice of the people writing the FAQ to rule things in such a way that the game is easy to break. It's not as egregious as Dismount, where the person writing the rule clearly never actually playtested it, but it begs the question of why, instead of just canceling and removing the mine, which is much cleaner.

9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Also didn't even think about that with respect to Perimeter weapons. Awkward.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation