1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military Orders Rework?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Palomides, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Don't forget Liu Xing. After it drops (heh XD) 1W Lts are no longer a realistic option for general purpose tournament lists.

theradrussian and Elessar like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Unless hidden in buildings.

Honestly though: we know, that MO link composition will get a serious shake-up. We will be able to field Haris HI links and get proper hacking defence for them. We have rumours about Sepulchre getting some tweaks into a proper "Command" unit, which might mean CoC option. We have no idea how Sergeants will change - aside from increased linkability - but somehow I don't think Lt. option is out of the question. Finally, we know that point values will change slightly, which might mean fitting all we want into our list will be easier.

Fusilers were useful in MO, sure, but they were by no means crucial.

Mikes and daboarder like this.
  3. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

If there's a building to hide in. Not all tables will have playable interiors, if there's buildings on the table at all.

Hence, going into a tournament with 1W Lt suddenly because much, much more dangerous.

4. Seraphin

Seraphin Well-Known Member

They are extremely useful from the gameplay point of view, but they always seemed to me as little unfluffy and out of sectorial. It didn't feel natural for some seculiar grunt to lead religious force of elite knights, who are separate organisation of their own (aren't they military branch of the church and not part of official PanO army?).

Hecaton likes this.
  5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Or if theres options or if they are camo ect ect

6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

And we werent talking 1w solo lts. Were talking 2w arm3 or more HI with ph14 or better.

7. Stiopa

Yeah. I had absolutely nothing against their presence in MO, but them leading the squad didn't mesh well with the fluff.

And most likely in a link of some kind.

If we were able to keep a 1 W, 1 ARM Lt. alive, we should be able to keep a HI one alive as well.

daboarder likes this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well I would say that's more of a price problem than a "keep alive". ATM cheapest non-Fusilier Lt is Tueton for ~34pts and 1 SWC. And yes I know Teutons gets links but usually MO didn't have slots in link to run their Lt inside, plus points were also bit prohibitive (for the cost of Tueton Lt you could almost buy set of 3 fusilier: Fusi Lt, Fusi Decoy, Fusilier "DroneUnlocker").

That's all is theorycrafting as the changes to MO appear soo deep&radical that almost nothing we have now will be same, probably up to Lt options (though I really do not expect OS Lt.).

It might be one of MO weaknesess: LT has to be HI.

TaHu likes this.
  9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

It's funny how we pretend any MO Hi Lt option could hold a candle next to Joan...
    That debate is ages old and still has the same answer - you take Joan.
    I want MO to be good, but outside of a OS witg CoC I have trouble seeing how to solve the Lt question. If you're fine with taking obvious HI Lts, good for you. The general trend in listbuilding would suggest most people do not agree a backfield Hi is a safe option.

Ever played SAA? Have fun guessing in between 5 Regulars and a Bagh.

Mikes likes this.
  10. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Maybe CB wants to sell more Joan models. I mean they make a new one every few months.

Jokes aside HI lt are actually pretty cool fluff-wise for MO. As long as it doesn't kill our list building completely it could be a fun weakness to play around.

This might be true. I would be kinda sad if i was forced to field Joan every game. (I'm not a huge fan of named characters fluff-wise)

Superfluid likes this.
  11. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Probably CB gives us a OS Lt now the fusileers are gone

Ixidro and Stiopa like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Highly doubt it, but hey I was also wrong about Hospitaller not going down in price xD

13. fari

All factions have a LT option for their base infantry, so...

14. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Shasvasti, Onyx and Aleph seem to disagree.

Elessar and eciu like this.
  15. fari

No thorakitai Lt? T_T

16. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

1) goddammit now I have to make my Father-Knight ML conversion I’ve had knocking about in my head for the past 2 years. Never needed a reason til now, but linked up it’s just too cool to pass up.

2) lack of Fusilier Lt hurts, obvious HI Lts are obvious, yes they are easier to gank than a backfield Fusilier, but I think everyone is overhyping the danger. We all play Joan and she’s the most obvious Lt in the game except maybe the Avatar... You may go into LoL at times but it’s not like that’s game ending. You can come back from it, you can still get things accomplished.

3) it’s still very possible we get thrown a bone with CoC somewhere. Father-Knight or Sepulchre are good candidates, and both are expensive enough that it’s a serious cost to have that insurance. It becomes a choice, unlike a lot of other factions (looking at you JSA).

Mikes likes this.
  17. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Nesaie Alké

18. fari

I always play with obvious Lts (Wallace, Joan) and 90% of the times, they survive

Superfluid likes this.
  19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Oh it definetaly will be.

But he might "suffer" from the same problems as future MO LT options ^^

20. Stiopa

I'd wait for now. We don't know yet how Father-Knight will change...

daboarder likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation