1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military Orders. A word of hope.

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Daireann, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Specifically, from the declaration of AROs. There are 2 words used, valid and eligible. The rule lists how to validate an aro, then proceeds to speak of going about declaration of eligible AROs. In the order expenditure sequence, it says that if you are eligible, you must declare or lose it. Then the step to check for validation of the ARO. The real problem is that eligible aro isn't actually defined, but valid aro is. Right now its relying on two words with different meanings to be used interchangeably. This should be addressed.

daboarder likes this.
  2. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

You've missed something, assigning burst is not the same as declaring AROs. The ARO rules are clear that targets must be assigned at the time of declaration for BS Attack, and the BS Attack rules are clear that:

► If the target is in Total Cover, the attacker may not declare a BS Attack with Weapons, Special Skills, or Equipment, that requires LoF.

daboarder likes this.
  3. Sungwon

Sungwon Well-Known Member

I might be wrong, but this is the best way I can explain with the reference in the Rulebook.

In P45, BS Attack says

Requirements
    ► Be able to draw LoF to the target of the BS attack, unless ~

Effects
    ► If the attacker has more than one target and a BS Weapon, Special Skill or piece of Equipment with a Burst value higher than 1, they must distribute their attacks as part of the BS Attack declaration.

For example, let's say Albedo BF and OS in a link moves together as a first short order in LoF of Nisse. When Nisse declares ARO, OS is the only target since Nisse has no LoF to BF. Therefore, if Nisse declares BS Attack as an ARO, it cannot distribute Bursts to BF since BF is not a target.

4. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

The ultimate raging mo list. This looks really fun. But i would try to squeez in a to sniper to kill any nasty aro piece before moving up.

5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Yup sorted and cleared up now, thanks for the convo in the FB chat

A Mão Esquerda and ijw like this.
  6. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

Fwiw, I’m finding a lot to like about MO in N4 relative to N3 when list building. I’m excited to get some games in so this is all on paper right now but I definitely feel like a few subtle changes have had a big impact on opening up a much greater variety of lists that seem viable to me than we had in N3.

Small things that turn out to be a big deal imo:
    • Surprisingly strong hacking game between the KoJ hacker, Santiago tinbot, DeFersen and peacemakers.
    • Speaking of DeFersen he’s looking like a legitimate Lt option which really opens up a lot of possibilities due to not having to take Joan or the Santiago Lt
    • The Teuton Lt is actually cheap enough to work as a budget option now IMO, not sure it’s great but I’m going to at least explore it, the sec cost is not really a problem due to costs going down everywhere and MO not really being swc hungry in general
    • Crusade Fireteam requirements loosening up makes them at least an option. You can get Joan into a pseudo haris now and you can now sub in both the Santiago and KoJ which greatly help open things.
    • Order sgt paramedics in a link are actually a reasonable way to get knights back on their feet and you can conveniently add one to any non crusade knight link
    • Trinitarian minelayers are amazing. Minelayers really help compensate for the fact that you will typically have fewer bodies on the board and no great msv aro options. This is a very welcome addition and also helps provide a reasonable shell game for Dart.
    • Montessa Tikbalang being exclusive to the sectorial gives us a reason to run tag lists that are unique from vanilla or other sectorials. My N3 MO tag lists always felt like “this would just be better in vanilla”
    • KoJ ML being able to slot into a magister link is a big deal and makes for a very unique ARO link where there really aren’t any weak links to exploit, that’s a big deal against a smart opponent.
    • Infirmarers being able to join links is nice and gives them a reason to exist at least
    Anyway tldr list building MO is fun again

daboarder, A Mão Esquerda and Stiopa like this.
  7. Rot_Sechs

Never felt like mo cant get out of the dz. But 1 of the first things i noticed with the n4 updates is: mo no longer needs dz.

ZwAITm8gZHogTW+BLAIBCAEkAQIAAoX3AQMAAx0BAgAEFAEEAAUrAQUABoX3AQEAByYBAQAIg6cBAgACBQEkAQEAAoX3AQIAAyYBAgAEEwEBAAUyAQEA

13 orders
    3 spitfires all out of your dz and relativly well protectable
    3 to and 1 ad allowing for open or hidden deployment depending on matchup and lt roll result
    Almost guranteed lt win thanks to joan
    Enough points wiggle room to adjust for your personal preference of doc/engi, but not exactly needing those. When evrrything can punch, nothing needs to be salvaged ^^
    Bit lackluster for mission but its a solid starting point to adapt for example group 2 into a mission running haris.

daboarder likes this.
  8. Rot_Sechs

For missionruns and when yiu want to ad drop the crusader:
    ZwAITm8gZHogTW+BLAIBBwEkAQEAAoX3AQQAAx0BBQAEJgEBAAUmAQIABoOnAQIABzIBAQACCAErAQUAAiQBAQADhfcBBAAELwECAAUYAQoABhgBAQAHGAECAAgYAQUA

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I was thinking about running something like this in Transmission Matrix:

upload_2020-10-2_16-14-41.png

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

a hackable bike in transmatrix ? The montesa lost his stealth
    this is madness ^^

11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So about 7 orders if you go first ?

12. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Honestly if he goes first its fine, he could even drploy the trinitS in marker state to have 8 + ad drop. What might be concerning is going second 76 points off the board.

The entirety of halting the enemy advance falls to just the link, as the montesa cant go out in the open or hell get chewed to pieces

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

With 2 AD and -2 orders from CT that goes to 6 plus Lt/Impetus.

14. Stiopa

Yeah, I didn't put it together with a competetiveness in mind, but I'm curious how well it might do ;)

Montesa can also start the game in SF

15. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

To be fair we are still operating with ITS rules preventing stripping of limited insertion order pools. At least until next season.

That was not part of core book

16. daboarder

Warcor

thats actually really close to the MO list Ive decided to settle on for my first games as well. but Ive gone for Joan and the heavier santiago AD over the crusader.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Stiopa

Oh, I've got both Crusader and CJ Santiago. The idea is that if my opponent will take an EVO Crusader can come in from the side and try to take it down to clear the way for the knight. Joan would be good, but something would have to give. I do start low on orders, but almost all are durable ones. And I used to run N2 Shasvastii in a similar way; they were constantly short on orders, but new ones could come out of hiding as needed. So maybe it could work here?

But it's still an early draft. There are some other options and tricks I'd like to try. October will be MO month for me.

SpectralOwl and daboarder like this.
  18. daboarder

Warcor

So first game clocked with MO and I practically tabled my opponemt.due to the brutal combination of speed, firepower and resilience the faction boasts. All for the loss of a just 2 troops

Ran the following, big take aways were how utterly oppressive the link was combined with the reactive (SF command token) montessa and alpha capabilities of the santiago.

Basically got to do what I wanted to my opponent after he lost his linked HMG trying to take on the KOJ ML, lost his hacker to my santiago KHD drop and lost his linked ML to a coordinated panzerfaust+ML volley. (Yes both were 5 man at the time, the link had been reformed)

At that point I was able to switch the Montessa from operating as a defensive piece with mimetic SF, and go offensive, collapsing the flank he was deployed on (I reserved him) and pushing for flank shots on my opponents lines.

Round 3 was the full link pushing into the midfield for cleanup.

Honestly the SF command token change is huge and really gives a whole new capability to troops like the montessa, particularly when backed up and supported by a HI link.
    Screenshot_20201003-155850_Infinity Army.jpg
    20201003_155922.jpg

19. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I think I've found my new way with the MO:

[​IMG]

The group repartition need work
    but the 3xTrinitarian + Dart looks great
    each have a role, dart can assassinate key targets
    Trinit BS+mines can wreck FT or bunker down around objectives, also its mines can hide dart if going second
    sniper To is sniper TO
    the last one is the button pusher who can finish in SF
    joan do joan things and the santiago is when you need to take a mine
    the FT will support and bait for the sniper TO

ofc it's for heavy pushing scenarios

20. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20201004-130503_Infinity Army.jpg

Now that's an overkill FT if you need to get something out of DZ.

But then you don't because you have Dart + 2 Trinitaries up the board. Add EVO mule + Pathfinder if you'll be needing sensor or Peacemaker + Fugazi to increase your mid table capabilities.

Not something I'd really play much but the face of your opponent when he sees that core and a few CO markers in the table has got to be fun.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation