1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'merica in a month! (USAriadna Thread)

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by taylor, Jan 15, 2018.

1. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Foxtrot is done (er... almost... A few small touch ups). Moving onto the 112 and two Mavericks.

[​IMG]

Brawler, Archaniel, Usashi and 4 others like this.
  2. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

The green looks great mate.

3. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks. I'm doing a tutorial for a couple of guys tonight - ill post the results. :smiley:

Flipswitch, Brawler and Golem2God like this.
  4. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

I just have to say, Damn fine job on the foxtrot sunglasses! I recently painted mine and struggled, do you have Any advice?

Army is looking great as well, keep up the good work!

5. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks man. Actually, yes. I can show you how to paint lenses.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the "black gem" method typically reserved for eldar from 40k, but basically, it's the same thing.

The first thing you do is paint the entire surface black. Then, take two versions of the colour you want. In this case, I used red - but you can use any colour. In this instance, I used blood red and gold yellow (VGC). I put two drops on my palette.

Then, I make a middle shade, mixing equal parts red and yellow, to make an orange.

So, once the black surface is dry, about 1/3 across the surface on a diagonal angle, I painted blood red. Then, I rinsed my brush, and 1/2 way through the red I added the Orange, and then 1/2 way through the Orange, I added the yellow.

Lastly, I put a drop of white on my palette and put a dot in the upper corner opposite where I put my brightest colour.

Easy Peasy, dude. The last step is to take a gloss medium and apply it on the surface. Trust me, it makes a difference.

Here is the tutorial I originally learned off of. It should probably help.

6. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So, I did that tutorial on Saturday and I thought I'd post the results. I wish I'd taken some photos of the models he'd done on his own - but he painted two models in our session and came out with this - and it's a huge improvement. I'll make a painter out of him yet!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, he's very new to painting. I'm very happy with the results.

WolfofWinter, Archaniel and jherazob like this.
  7. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So.. the likelihood of me finishing everything in a month is unlikely, as I have a few other commissions to take care of, and the client has the requisite 200 points to play in our upcoming teams tournament. I have to finish these bad boys for a board game convention coming up in March.

[​IMG]

I won't be posting the results here... as I'm sure this forum is for infinity models. I'll be setting up a Facebook page in the near future for non-infinity models. I'll post the link eventually in my sig. :)

WolfofWinter, Icchan and Belgrim like this.
  8. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Huge thanks for both your own tutorial and the linked tutorial mate! I was waiting for posting an answer until I had the chance to try out the technique properly.
    Unfortunately, my first victim already was in the process with the shade in the bottom rather than top, and while I still have the final white dots I feel pretty unsure if it's going to look good.
    I adopted your technique with a twist of mainly using washes to glaze it since I'm trying to find my personal way of painting (atm it's in the borderlands between overwashing horribly and glazing properly). Though I do have to say that despite the washes making it easier, I'm truly impressed by your clean transitioning.
    Huge thanks for the advice, and keep up the great work:)

taylor likes this.
  9. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks man! I'm glad you were able to make it work for you.

In the meantime - I tell nothing but lies!! Here are some more Ariadna models for my client. I did a painting tutorial with one of my local guys today, and he painted his first miniature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty impressive for his first model. I just told him what to do.

Here are two more Ariadna models for my client.

[​IMG]

WolfofWinter, Brawler and jherazob like this.
  10. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I managed to finish painting and basing my client's 300 pts of Ariadna for our bi-weekly infinity night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not my best Work, but definitely good enough for the table top and my client is one happy customer. :grin:

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation