1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Megalodron N4 Profil?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hero of Sparetime, Oct 17, 2020.

1. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

the other half of the suggestion was pointed towards the meglalodron (and future golaths cb will make for spinoffs) XD
    sorry wasn't too clar.

2. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Do confess, you just wish to run a double-TAG vanilla CA list with Avatar and Megalodon and pulverize everything you see!

That would be funny!

3. Foux

Foux Member

Yes

4. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

>not triple-threat list with Megadildon, Avatar and Caskuda

5. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Cas who? We've always been at war with Eurasia

6. Foux

Foux Member

So what are your thoughts on the changes?

I assume Meg will get new, lower price and... That's it (besides new wording).

7. Foux

Foux Member

I never had a chance to play it :/

8. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Pro post/location combo.

Flipswitch likes this.
  9. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I thought I shouldn't open a new thread on this topic.

Seeing that there is no official or semi-official N4 profile for the Megalodron, has anyone done an unofficial one? For custom fun missions the point cost wouldn't be so important, and the skills should all be translatable somehow, shouldn't they? And the Avatar can serve as a template for other things. I'm just not familiar enough with N3 to judge whether some of the skills translate well.

Here's the original:
    [​IMG]

Here'y my take on the N4 version. The stat line could stay as it is, except perhaps for STR? As the N4 Crit rule makes heavies a lot tougher, perhaps this should be reduced to 4 or even 3?

Equipment: 360° Visor, EMC: Guided (-6), Multispectral Visor Lvl 1
    Special Skills: BS Attack (+1 Dmg), Dodge (PH=10), Gizmokit (PH=12), Immunity (POS), Immunity (Total), Mimetism (-3), Mnemonica, Tactical Awareness

There's no Heavyweight equivalent in N4, or is there? And I can't remember what Fatality L1 does anymore (solved: BS Attack +1 DAM). If Immunity (Total) is too strong in N4 for this guy, it could perhaps be reduced to Immunity (Shock) (like the Avatar) plus Immunity (Critical).

Megalodron A1: Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon (+1B), Heavy Flamethrower, Mine Dispenser; Heavy Pistol, Exp CC Weapon
    Megalodron A2: Multi HMG (+1B), Heavy Rocket Launcher, Mine Dispenser; Heavy Pistol, Exp CC Weapon
    Megalodron (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token]): Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon (+1B), Heavy Flamethrower, Mine Dispenser; Heavy Pistol, Exp CC Weapon

Any thoughts? Did I miss anything important?

#29 Uthoroc, Oct 11, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    Wizzy likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Heavyweight made it limited to Cargo sized Access Points only and reduced the price.
    Fatality L1 is BS Attack (+1DAM)

It's a joke profile, not sure if it's worth trying to balance it to be fair.

chromedog likes this.
  11. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Thx, I'l add the +1 damage. And yeah, balance is not really a thing here, but I think the missions could still be fun to play.

12. Foux

Foux Member

The missions are great to play (as long as you don't play Arianda).

What about the points value? I know there are redundant regarding missions, but... well, I'd like to play it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation