1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDF terrain with pigments and rattle cans?

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by myleftnut, Dec 20, 2018.

1. myleftnut

myleftnut New Member

So I took advantage of the Black Friday deal at Warsenal and picked up my first table. Now it’s time to paint it. An airbrush just isn’t practical for me at this time. I came across a tutorial on Warsenal’s site suggesting using pigments. Has anyone painted their stuff this way? Is there an suggestions/tips you can give me?

2. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

You might try acrylic spray cans (after you prime all buildings) for quick shading as well.

Not sure what tutorial you are talking about but doing all buildings with pigments should give you decent looking terrain set. This is a test I did ages ago but basically is a green painted building with a brown pigment rubbed in.

You can also try Tamiya model master sets for extra details.

Attached Files:

jherazob likes this.
  3. myleftnut

myleftnut New Member

4. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

@myleftnut The building was primed brown and I applied a bit of liquid mask on the edges here and there to make some scratches. I've used a can of green acrylic spray to paint the whole structure and once it was dry, I removed the mascol from the terrain surface. Then I just applied Vallejo Burnt sienna pigment with a brush and my finger (no pigment fixer). Finally I gently varnished whole building.

It's a fast and easy method if you don't mind having rusty or dirty set of terrains. Personally I like my buildings to have a nice, clean and high tech appearance ;)

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation