1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May there be a new teaser please?

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Yeah, I'm not too hot on this shikami. When I saw the thumbnail, I was really hoping for the "perched on a roof" pose. Metal Naginata is also a very bad idea in general.

2. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I don’t know, I have the sohei warrior monks and the onna bugeisha from warlord games and they have metal naginatas and they’ve given me no issues. I suppose the main worry is it bending/breaking but I’d prefer a metal one here as opposed to a plastic or resin one, I’ve snapped far too many long thin weapons made of plastic. It’s going to get knocked over on the table due to its pose, I certainly grant that will happen. Sometimes the coolest minis are the ones you break first.

Crouching on a rooftop would have been cool though, would have matched nicely with the ninja (with smg?) they did a while back crouched on the rooftop.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Meh

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  4. Gwynbleidd

I feel like this most days…

5. fari

Hawkings is the worst looking knight of all times (montesa is in his own rank)
    Gran Maestre only an HVT, fuck.
    Curator only in the box. F**K

Shikami art is lovely, figure not so much

Shinobu is kool

New Yaogats are crap

Marut nice

Enough salt for today

Abrilete and Gwynbleidd like this.
  6. Gwynbleidd

I didn’t mind Hawkins so much, the pose is admittedly not the coolest but I rather liked the minis for the curator and grand master. They can always add the profile for grand master later on. It is annoying that you can only get the curator in the box but this is the only way I get most of the minis I want now. They’re always in a box with other stuff I have. It’s what Shaekonnit is for in the UK…

Didn’t pay attention to the yaogats. Will go back and look. Marut is indeed pretty. Will wait to see what steel phallus is getting. Likely something big. Phrasing.

7. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

The Marut will 100% find her way on my table and I'm very worried that the upcoming Aleph release wave will require an even larger investment. I've been on the cusp of collecting Aleph several times, but bailed out eventually. This time I might not be so lucky :P

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  8. Gwynbleidd

Same here. I have had the Achilles that is 100% not Brad Pitt in any way shape or form for years and have stayed away from Aleph by the slightest of margins. I think this is about to change. Especially if they release an Ajax that looks like the huge Luxumbra (think I got this right) sculpt!

Knauf likes this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Glue a heavy steel 25mm washer under the base. Or even make the washer itself be the base.
    Does wonders for unstable minis like this. Sorts out all the dynamically posed paradropper minis, for example.

I love how dynamic and open the pose is. Nightmare for transport and moving it around the board for sure (watch that shirt sleeve!).

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  10. Gwynbleidd

That’s a really good idea. It’ll stop her from falling over for sure and since the roof masks whatever base she’s on the washer itself could just be the base.

There is no force in the universe however that’ll stop her catching on someone’s sleeve when she’s on the gaming table… she may end up just being a display piece. I have the 2 available Shikami already so it’s just my Pokémon syndrome acting up at the need to have a pretty limited Ed mini.

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

And that's on a profile that wants to be jumping and climbing a lot of the time. This model on top of a building is an accident waiting to happen.

Abrilete and Gwynbleidd like this.
  12. Gwynbleidd

It is indeed. I will completely accept that as a statement of absolute truth. But it’s pretty… it’s like one of those shiny Pokémon that are super rare. I have to have it, consequences be damned!

Yes, I realise I may have a problem. My wallet is perpetually empty. Just wait for the hassassins and new Steel phalanx to arrive. The wibble I have will likely be extreme. I’m dreading Warcrow for the same reason, lol.

Knauf likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Given that every historical knights armour had overtly sexual characteristics at the expense of survivability, best example been the "wasp waist" that is literally guiding the enemy weapon at the weakest pint of the armour, the joint of the breastplate and the Faulds, just because at that era the "sexy men" should have "wasp waist", I think breastplates in nothing far fetched as a design.

Well she can be used as any knight, for example a KoJ.

burlesford likes this.
  14. fari

I know, but i was expecting some playable troop with different options depending of what order she belongs, like ORC variants with Varuna, WinterFor, etc

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  15. Gwynbleidd

The “wasp waist” can be seen predominantly on “gothic” style plate armours and while it does create an odd contour compared to the “weasel” waist (which is more “u” shaped as opposed to the wasp “v”) this won’t get you killed in combat as most blows are coming in at a downwards angle (very few of historical European martial arts or HEMA display a use of a blow horizontally, except I think in the use of a zweihander) and so the force of blow would be deflected down along the faulds or plate skirt (I apologise here if I have the nomenclature incorrect, it’s been a while when discussing plate armour). If breasts were evident on the chest area the blow would be caught and the force directed into the sternum which would not be good. Knights were at far more danger of blunt force weapons smashing the joints of their armour and rendering them unable to move. An immobile knight is a dead knight.

So while there are overtly sexual characteristics added to a knights armour, you could certainly have mentioned King Henry VIII’s armour here, they never got a knight killed else they would swiftly have gotten out of vogue. (Or they got a knight killed so rarely it wasn’t questioned).

I will certainly agree that in Infinity that power armour isn’t exactly comparable due to the incredible technologies that must be involved and that breast armour doesn’t really matter considering that any armour piercing round or CC weapon in use is going to be designed to go through/severely damage said armour and so the aesthetics here wouldn’t really make a difference. My previous statements here were only to illustrate that I can imagine people inside the armours in Infinity, at least for the most part.

Chaserabinov and Stiopa like this.
  16. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to convince you to get an extra Shikami and send it to me? I have a friend in London you could send it to if you don't want to ship abroad (Sweden).

As for the new Shinobu I wish they would make one with a Kitsune-men. I mean, it's right there in her name. Will still buy it though as I really like the sculpt.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  17. Gwynbleidd

I can certainly get an extra Shikami and send it assuming I can get up to Birmingham for the show. Will let you know!

The_Evergrey_One likes this.
  18. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  19. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Umm, can I sneakily pop in on this too please?

Shikami - where did that spring from?! Yes please, though I agree that the 2D pose would have been pretty cool too and less prone to snapping at the single ankle.

Not a fan of Hawkins, but I really like the Grand Master HVT pose! Was quite surprised by that one.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  20. Nyper

Nyper Member
    Warcor

I think that the logo means that she will have a profile too....
    like the HVT in new morat pack.
    [​IMG]

edit:
    Ohhhh sorry, nevermind :( what a pity
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#480 Nyper, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Lesh' likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation