1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

My local store. I buy from them to support them. But also took a long time. They still haven't gotten in February releases. A few of March. I just don't know how they justify the digger for $25! The nightshade too. I can start playing shatterpoint $50 for 4 figs. And good figures too! Good rules from what I hear too.

Daireann and LaughinGod like this.
  2. Darvain

Darvain Well-Known Member

Oh, I dabble in heresy regularly, especially as I can not get a Tikbalang anywhere, even if I am willing to pay the price. So, Cutter is standing in for a time being.

3. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

No, you cant. You need minimun 2 50$ boxes, a 20$ objective deck and distance rulers (15$), and sceno (IDK, 40$??) or buy the starter box (175$ iirc) and nothing more.

But the figures are awesome, yes. And coming from Infinity, rules are way too simple, too often they break the logic to keep the game simple. I bought the game like 6 months ago and still cant get how cover works...

#103 fari, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
    Daireann and Space Ranger like this.
  4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Understandable but Cutter for Tikbalang is also not rules-conform. They have different silhouettes. As longs as your gamemates are fine with that, its not a big deal.

Seriously I play in different enviorments. One dislike proixies like I do and some even like to have there minis WYSIWYG down to a level in detail like this combi is not a SMG. Another one is more like - hey I want to try out new stuff, this is now my ne guy from sectiorial XY. And most of the games I have with my goto buddy are like a did not have this special loadout, I take this instead. While a no go is ML for HMG because we lioke to recognize the SWC weapons by simple eyesight.

#104 archon, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
    Darvain and Daniel Darko like this.
  5. Darvain

I placed old Cutter on a smaller base, and that is that. As I had literally no other options, because there were no current tags in PanO of sillouette 6, new Squalo not included, I bought my "Tikbalang proxy" long before it was even announced. Heck, even before new Cutter was announced.

Some units variants simply do not have models for them. Or vise versa, in USARF, we have a model for a Minuteman with two light flamethrowers. No such thing at all, I am afraid. A logical assumption can be made, that it is Light Flamethrower (+1b), but that still leaves us with the question of, from which pocket dimension he withdraws his AP rifle?

Or in PanO MO, several knights simply do not have anything besides the sword, sometimes sword in one hand and sheath in the other. I do not feel that these models should be thrown aside, because they are not visually representative of a loadout.

I come from the long history of Warhammer, and by my 36th birthday, I can concretely state, that WYSIWYG is like a blight on a fun and engaging game, any game. If my opponent wants to have his models represented exactly, I have no objections. If he requires me to follow the same standard, I can oblige, if I have models on hand, but if he insists and I can not provide, thanks but no, thanks, I will find another opponent to play my game of imaginary spec ops in imaginary world in far distant future.

Mind, I do not force my values on others. Whatever floats your camel. If one likes physical representation, he will be attracted to similar minded individuals and vice versa.

RolandTHTG, Daireann and Errhile like this.
  6. Space Ranger

My old Guijia works great as a Blue Wolf.
    upload_2024-5-19_18-35-3.png

Abydog, RolandTHTG, Errhile and 3 others like this.
  7. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

It pains me (and I'm bit ashamed) to say this but I bought a recasted Tik and Uhlan on Aliexpress.

The quality was ok.

However that was before they released the Squalo MKII which can now be perfectly used for both of these tags.

Darvain likes this.
  8. archon

archon Well-Known Member

While this is true. The two weapon thing was N3 - now its B+X and does not neccessary needs to be two weapons. May this was one of the reasons for delaying Karhus over 1,5 years. Xi Zhuang for example never had two flamers (and not the rule for it in N3) but after transition to N4 his underslung light flamethrower produces one burst more :-)

But yes sometime CB lacks the variant models (they could (!) especialy with siocast put alternate arms / weapons in the box but the refuse to do so regulary). I still wait for Multi Rife Liu Xing and they totaly mess it up with the orphans/initiates box for Bakunin.

Some models carry their main weapons on the back - some lack it, some put it in their bag (Ajax ;-) or simple not have it. Some models even loss their weapon loadout (AD jumper HMGs, Daofei HMG, Rodok with double LSG (such a cool mini but now its loadout is no more).

This is the ideal joker model - can stand in for everything. True for the example of KoJ (or FK) it would be better visual on table if she had a ML, but in this corner case I agree: only a few gamers / collectors realy want a bunch of KoJs for every loadout ;-) So in my opinion this is not realy a proxy ...

But Blue Wolf looks way better ;-)

Darvain likes this.
  9. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be so cool.

For some models would definitely be easy to swap out any gun (eg the HMG fusilier, or the Hexas, or the Boyg, any of theses models that hold weapons with one hand)

For some guns of similar size it would also be easy: replacing a combi with a shotgun

But, as soon as you have a dedicated pose it becomes quite hard and the manufacturing and design costs would significantly increase, or result in having more boring / less unique designs / poses

To conclude I believe that as soon as there is the opportunity to do so (cfr my examples), that would really be a quick win to provide with alternate guns. But again, that would anyway result in more expensive packs for us the consumers. While I'm ok with it, not sure it would be for everyone.

Darvain likes this.
  10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Could start with S5/S4/S3 and TAGs. I don´t think one or two extra arms will be that expensive. They do already with Mowang for example.

Darvain likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

That's a question that's been asked for many years. They seem to already know they are not going to be coming out with a variant for years so why not just have multiple arms/heads/weapons? I'm sure it's because if they eventually come out with it, it won't sell. But if you are not coming out with it anyway, does it matter?

The Liu Xing came out in 2018. It makes me feel that they will never come out with another at this point. But if they had just had another head and arm they could have taken care of at least three different profiles in one. BSG, BSG Hacker, and Multi-rifle or Spitfire.

burlesford and Darvain like this.
  12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Wow 6 years already? The AD jumpers from Onyx and O-12 came out like mushrooms from the ground.

13. Darvain

It sure is, but I do not feel that I must switch to another model. My Cutter is an older one, so, while he is bulky, he is hunched and in general seems smaller than full height Tik on it's scenic base. So for me, it works for now.

Especially since they did it with Nomads SWAST, and they look sick! Optional RL or Red Fury arm. Bam. Problem solved. The thing is, you do not sell a lot of SWAST. But you do sell a lot of TAGs, a lot of line infantry.
    This is pretty much what I mean by proxying. If I need a Hospitaller with a Combi and I do not have a model, I will use the sword knight. If I do not have a second USARF Grunt with a sniper rifle, I will use a grunt with Rifle, for example.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  14. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yu Jing REMs are in same plastic as the limited edition TAGS from the big ITS boxes (so, not Siocast).

Love the Maya news at the end of the video.

#114 TenNoBushi, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
  15. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

While the Hassassins models look nice, I am sad they are just updates to older models. I would just be replacing in my collection. Hopefully the pack will be useful for newer players.

The Unicool plastic for the Yujing Models is interesting. Maybe it could be the case for the TAG resculpts?

Cadwallon and burlesford like this.
  16. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

all of this material chaos is worrying. It was said that Unicool was reserved for limited editions or low quantity figures, because is expensive. Now they are making general release rems in unicool, but Wreckers and Ayax still will be siocast...

Daireann likes this.
  17. Space Ranger

I understand that but I think they need to try somethings to see what they can do and keep the cost down.

Ajax looks fantastic! A beast about to smash the enemy into jelly.

The remotes look good but I can't tell what is what. I think the one on the left is the Lu Duan and right Rui Shi.

I really like all of the Haq figs.

I'm liking all of their bases and hope someday to have an army with some.

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Left is Rui Shi, right is Lu Duan. The video makes it quite clear. And I love the fact that they're Unicool. More Unicool, less Siocast please.

Well, at least the Farzan didn't have a current sculpt. What I don't get is what the second Lasiq is doing in there. I've never seen anyone play that loadout, and Al Djabel would have made much more sense in my opinion. Then they would have completed the rework for the sectorial. Now it seems like Al Djabel will have to come in his own blister at some uncertain point in the future. Unnecessary SKU bloat you ask me.

Ajax looks phenomenal!

LaughinGod and Brokenwolf like this.
  19. Space Ranger

Ah yes you are right. I'm at work so I had to peek at it. Now I can really watch it. The more I see them the more I like.

Wait, I watched again and they switch the guns on them! The Lu Duan seems to have the spitfire in the render and Rui Shi the Mk12.

20. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

The set also just feels weird. It makes the viral rifle look more standard and less futuristic, which is eh. The old Farzan model was my first Infinity model and I loved the pose. It fit the fluff so well with the confidence portrayed. The new one gives a different vibe. The Fiday looks great, but it feels weird that all the current Fiday models are now male.

Oh well. Hopefully the next Haqqislam Box is more enticing.

EDIT: Infinity stats to the rescue! Those three profiles are decently popular in ITS, so it makes sense to have new models for them.

#120 Brokenwolf, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Cadwallon likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation