1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May>August 2024: Operation Sun's Out, Guns Out, It's Time to Get Sweaty and Booty

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yeah, It's almost funny the amount disappointment on facebook and discord. I have yet to see anyone say the rules are great. A few weak "well it's cheaper". That's it.

csjarrat likes this.
  2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

So far we don't know what the third silhouette on that "think big" promo picture is, right?

Right now the whole Infinity Gencon stuff feels more like "don't waste a thought" than anything else. Maybe they just put their teasing up a notch and we'll see something actually good for all.

burlesford and Lady Numiria like this.
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

The bundle price is out: IGW Bundle REF: IGW24-BUNDLE - €64.95, so ~ -33%.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/en/infinity/wargame/organized-play/igw-2024-bundle
    [​IMG]

Note on Koni's dark web about Mechazoide.
    https://discord.com/channels/118301609146056709/118301609146056709/1263129319228706836
    [14:44] Koni (CB Staff): Taking advantage of the quote, no, I didn't forget to put anything on the army. Don't think we're not aware of people's opinion, but this is the profile of the TAG

No communication for the moment, personally I bet on an TAG of the EI.

4. Space Ranger

Man, now that MZ is now in Army it looks even worse. It looks like they just took Oyo and did "cut, cut, cut, ok new TAG. Let's go to lunch."

Yeah they got a crit on cool looking, but looks can only take it so far.

archon and burlesford like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That reads a lot like "shut up and be happy".

csjarrat likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

I will say the Soko is not a bad profile. It just doesn't look like the profile. It looks like it wants to be lopping heads off shoulders with it's two massive swords.

Lady Numiria and burlesford like this.
  7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

It's off my buy list.

Gorgeous model, but it's boring as all hell, and that's just not what I'm looking for in anything I play JSA for. I'm not about to justify buying a model I'll never want to actually play when I could be working on any other model in my backlog.

I went from being extremely interested from the initial announcements, to suddenly reserving my expectations and plans to buy once we saw that HMG on the back of the model. My interest dropped like a rock as that camera angle was turning. Seeing what we got, I was unfortunately proven right.

It's functional, it's fine. I'm sure it opens up some compositions in a few JSA builds. But if I'm going to lean into something like Mechazoid, I'd rather play a faction where I can have more fun doing it.

csjarrat, Space Ranger and burlesford like this.
  8. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Bostria teased us to keep conected to July 23rd... I suppose is an studio update or something. But it's the last hope i have for Infinity this year. (And probably also the next until N5 arrives, but i dont like what i hear about it)

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think that expecting an immediate change in the profile because people complained from the prerelease profile picture is a bit optimistic, give it some time.

10. Weathercock

I think it's silly that people are expecting anything on it to be changed at this point. It's basically a write-off for anyone disatisfied with it. There's nothing inherently wrong with it on any fundamental level. It's just uninspired and boring.

As much as I'd personally like to see it reworked from the ground up into something with some real identity behind it (and ultimately, I think that's going to have to be addressed all the way down to its weapon loadout, and with it featuring part of its biggest problem on the sculpt itself...), it's not going to happen, and to expect as much is asking quite a lot.

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Do you know anything we ignore about a profile change in a near future? Otherwise, it's just empty words and we'll probably have this boring profile forever.

Which is wrong, considering we are buying minis to play and have fun with.

12. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Sigh. I was hoping for a MechaDino with atomic breath. This is ... not that. It is pretty, but its rules are uninspiring.

burlesford and Abrilete like this.
  13. Savant

Savant Lhosthost
    Warcor

Sorry not on the forums often any more, but there is a slew of Spaniards that will be in Indianapolis for Gencon. The seminar is 100% sold out and we are looking forward to running some brand new events this year for new and old players alike!

saint and burlesford like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Well it's not going to be changing any time soon. As many of us have said, it’s a perfectly fine profile. It’s just uninspired.
    I'm sure it will sell just because it looks cool. In the world of miniature games people buy for the looks AND stats. I’m not sure how many buy for good stats or looks alone. Personally I can’t afford to buy just for looks. Minis are getting more and more expensive along with pretty much everything else.

csjarrat likes this.
  15. Weathercock

Price these days is a factor, but so is time. I like to think that I'm a solid painter, but I'm also quite slow.

There are a lot of great models out there to paint. But I can't bother making time to buy and paint up a model when I know it's not going to even be fun to play with on the tabletop.

16. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Well - I am a collector and my first though was oh a new TAG for JSA - cool, I will buy it. But now I gave it a 2nd thought. JSA is only a side project which I will hopfully finished in a year or two ;-) and so I simple have no need for a second TAG that brings nothing fresh to my collection - except that is looks cool. JSA is already a cool looking mini faction.

17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

As part of Gencon, the Corvus Belli store will be offering a 15% discount on a number of products (including books, accessories and aristeia), in addition to its other promotions.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/en/deals

[​IMG]

Also -20%.
    [​IMG]

burlesford likes this.
  18. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Corvus Belli has scheduled its video update well in advance, for this August 3 at 7.15pm.
    There's nothing new in the vignette, apart from the curious presence of the Ramah, who's apparently not expecting anything.

[​IMG]

And a video by Infinity Gamer.

July releases from Corvus Belli & August preview

Cadwallon and burlesford like this.
  19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Is the logo behind the Mukhtar new?

20. Solodice

Solodice Kinda-Known Member

Looks like it.

Hayabusa is Japanese for falcon. I've tried looking up the second word but nothing good comes back (either part of a longer word or some google translation funkiness).

It doesn't match the style of the JSA unit logos though. So I'm thinking it might be a new mercenary.

Wizzy likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation