1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May > August 2023 releases - New heat wave

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Mar 15, 2023.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

On the other hand one successful unopposed dodge nullifies this potential and it usually is at least 50% chance (per model).

2. Sungwon

Sungwon Well-Known Member

One successful dodge does not nullify Korsan unless there is another aro covering the high-value target (or Korsan self-explodes after failed attack). And from reinforcement rule and Korsan's stat & skill sets, Korsan might be able to avoid other aro pieces.

3. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

If he Catches 5 to 7 models under his 4 templates how many failed dodges do you have at average. The potential for Mayhem is enormous for a minimal oportunitycost of 14 points.
    Losing potentielle a third or Quartier of ypir force against some crazy space pirate does not feel good.
    Well we will see how it plays out i am generell happy tjat the odalisques, sekban, hafza and azrail are coming back in force. I always had a sweetspot for QK. If the models are good i might habe to get some of those. So Fingers crossed they aren't that good so i habe a chance to paint all my minis sometime :D

Errhile, csjarrat and Abrilete like this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Maybe don't deploy your shit so people can catch 5-7 guys with one dude though

Elric of Grans and Chaserabinov like this.
  5. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

These reinforcements will have wildly different impacts dependent on mission.
    An area control or midfield button pushing mission demands you have models in the midfield. Perfect targets for the Korsan. The only safe alternative is investing more heavily in camo state shenanigans.

It'll be interesting to see whether Reinforcements lead to players being much more hesitant about leaving troops the midfield. When anything can threaten up to 8" into your half with perfect positioning, only cheap blockers are gonna want to be left close. Investing in mines turn 1 to slow or hamper Reinforcements may become very valuable.

Elric of Grans and Abrilete like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

Theoretically 50-60% of the targets caught on the template should escape harm, given my Jujaks clearing rate of panic rooms with heavy flamethrowers and boarding shotgun blasts it might be as well as 90%...

I am not saying they are not useful and potentially threatening, I am saying that if their target dodges one or four templates makes no difference.

csjarrat likes this.
  7. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Or simply be more hesitant to kill things on turn 1 as it's the triggering condition for the reinforcement incoming on turn 2.
    So this could lead to a turn 1 more focused on placement and maybe one or two shots on unit costing less than 50 points total.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I think Reinforcements will be a thing in the next ITS season, really. We'll be all playing with that optional thing for the next year (or until the players / organizers decide they are fed up with it and don't want to have anything to do with this rule.

Though I honestly don't know how CB would include it into smaller game formats: from what we've been shown so far, it is intended to be 250+100. Whether it is balanced to play 250+100 list vs. normal 300, I have no idea. I hope CB has checked that. Certainly 250+100 is not balanced against standard 250, or standard 400 - to say nothign about 200 or 150pts formats (and yes, I'm very glad ITS did included 150pts and 200pts rules fro the last few seasons).

Alas, so far we're drawing conclusions from some very limited glimpses of the complete Reinforcements ruleset. We can't reasonably expect such forecasts to be accurate.

Gwynbleidd, Brokenwolf and Solar like this.
  9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Ignore this

10. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Maybe the problem is that the guy costs only 14 points, is backed by gazillion of smoke grenade (launchers) in HI, has ultra high mobility, and can deploy forward (avoiding ARO prior to arriving at midfield): effectively being able, without a lot of skills, to dive against fireteams or trade with other way more expensive units that will be forced to dodge for each ARO.

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Ladies, gentlemen!

Hold your horses. We don't know yet how exactly are the rules going to work. Eg. whether deploying the Reinforcements provokes an ARO (by sheer logic, there's a big dropship / drop-pod hitting the table, and disgorging a squad-worth of troops. It should provoke an ARO - but that's IRL logic, which doesn't exactyl translate to Infinity rules on 1 to 1 basis).

So, keep calm, and let's wait for the full rules to drop.

And in the meantime, just enjoy the ride with the new armies reinforcement videos this week.

Brokenwolf, Solar, Gwynbleidd and 5 others like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

I agree, I really want to see the discussions and debates after the full rules and profiles get released to the public.

I am particularly interested to see at what points the community will settle the reinforcements point levels.

Gwynbleidd and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Barsik

Barsik Well-Known Member

No I do not!!!You were warned to not dig salt mines so deep,Four templates of Appocalypsis are coming!!!
    Just kidding,waiting impatiently full release.

Erbent likes this.
  14. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

15. Forthfaran

Forthfaran Well-Known Member

Bronzes in reinforcements, yay!
    Heavy Riotstopper (+2B), yay!

Question to Nightblades'PARA (-6) CCW.
    Does this mean that the target resists the PARA with -12 (usual -6 and additional -6?) or is this a mistake and it should be PARA CCW (-6) to lower the target's CC?

LeGweg likes this.
  16. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

Decrease target's CC imo, with MA3 it inflicts -9 MOD to CC

Brokenwolf, LeGweg and Abrilete like this.
  17. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

I'm in love with O12 reinforcements

The "total immunity" fireteam with Bronzes and Jackboots looks fun and games
    Lot of VMS with Vidocq and Devas
    The Nightshade has awaken my deepest edgy ninja teenager vibes

And the Ment Agent may be a big thing in vanilla where Coc is only Cho or Alpha at 20+ pts

Lady Numiria likes this.
  18. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

This guy is so edgy I nearly cut myself whilest looking at the artwork :-D

till now, O-12 seems to me to be the Reinforcement winner depending on design. All of the shown Designs look great, especially Ment Agent and a Vidocq. Some could say, taht the Vidocq is too much terrain, but i still like it. It gives the modell some diorama feeling, and since she is sitting on a cargo/crate, it is not that limited as some other modells (like dragon-roof-ninja)
    Overall, very nice addition to a already beautiful army.

19. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I'm so in love with all of the O12 reinforcement models that were showed :heart::heart::heart:

tom_w likes this.
  20. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

I think we can expect some changes until release day.
    Non matching sculpts to the loadouts and is the Night Shade really a Hacker with zero SWC costs?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation