1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Material of the Scenery

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitfire_TheCat, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:17 PM.

1. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Did anyboby else notice that the material of the scenery pack is somewhat strange?

I drilled holes in mine to magnetise it (to carry it once painted) but the magnets just dropped out of it again. The glue didn't work. I never had any problems with superglue holding different kinds of metal, plastic or resin together, so I was kinda surprised.

Anybody else noticed something like this ... and has maybe a solution? Baking Powder? Completely different glue?

2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I know some people use putty instead of glue for magnet.
    Just for the sake of understanding your issue, are you able to identify where the issue is located ? Does the glue stick to the magnet but not to the scenery piece or the opposite ?

3. Spitfire_TheCat

Yes, the glue sticks to the magnet (and everything else, because I use the same glue and the same magnets for everything Infinity) but not to the scenery. Completely strange, cause it's said to be PVC and the glue is supposed to stick to PVC.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Did you wash it with soap and warm water? It could be a separator issue.

5. Spitfire_TheCat

Possible but I doubt it. Because I drilled holes into it and it doesn't stick to the inside of the holes. There should be no separator inside the material. Though I can try this.

6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Separator could be seeping out of the material itself. It's been often an issue with cheap material.