1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

MAS Outpost

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by SupersexyJohn, May 17, 2019.

1. SupersexyJohn

SupersexyJohn Well-Known Member

I just received my pledge from the MAS Kickstarter and started painting it. I unfortunately don't have an air brush, but I love the "shiney" look that everyone does for Infinity. So I am trying it with a normal brush. Here is an example of what I was thinking. Any tips or tricks?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

With pieces that big, I think you can go to the rattle can and masking tape path for most of the job.
    It takes a bit of practice but you can get more than decent results.
    Details can still be done with a brush.

Lothlanathorian and chromedog like this.
  3. SupersexyJohn

I am not going to lie that seems terrifying, but there is a lot of pieces so I may try. There is another one of those vents, 4 barracks, 3 ruins, 1 processing plant, 1 warehouse and 1 antenna. The warehouse and antenna are pretty big! I painted the rocky hills that come with the outpost. I just did a simple dry brush and flock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Xeurian, Usashi, Modock and 2 others like this.
  4. SupersexyJohn

I caught a case of the unmotivated-ness. I hate how one week I will not want to stop working and the next week I don't even want to think about painting. I couldn't get myself to paint the buildings but I bought some fish aquarium rocks from walmart. I wanted it to match the color scheme of the other hills. I bought 3 of them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Xeurian, chromedog, Usashi and 3 others like this.
  5. SupersexyJohn

I have still been ignoring the buildings. One of these years! I started painting my GW pipes though. I think they will look good with them.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

jherazob and Koin-Koin like this.