1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marked State + Hannibal

Discussion in 'Human Fate' started by ObviousGray, Aug 2, 2018.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

A quick question about Marked + Hannibal's Pointman skill.

Pointman adds Orange dice to the enemy within Hannibal's sight, and Marked makes the action no need for LOS.

Does this mean If the target is marked, and our Parvati wants to shoot the enemy behind the red wall, the orange dice is added to the roll if Hannibal got the sight against the victim?

If able, I will be super HYPED.

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I'm afraid not. :J:Marked State lets you select a Target with no need of LoS but it doesn't give LoS to the Target. And Hannibal needs to use LoS, so in that case, Parvati cannot gain Pointman bonus.

3. ObviousGray

Hmm, a quick picture.. just in case my English was bad :)

pewpew.png

In this case, Parvati cannot add orange dice, right?

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I misread, I'm terrible sorry! :sweat:

In that case, Parvati gains the bonus, because Hannibal has LoS to Mushashi, which is the only requirement to apply Pointman. Parvati can perform her Attack against Mushashi with an extra :,: and Mushashi will not be able to use his :2:'cos he doesn't have LoS to his Attacker -Parvati-.

Myomer and ObviousGray like this.
  5. ObviousGray

Awesome.

And thank you for your fast response - I think your efforts are the main reason why Aristeia! got almost zero rule arguments.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Nice play.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. anaris

anaris Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I am the only one regretting that Smoke and Mirror completely negated Hannibal potential to add orange dice?
    Kosmo is an almost insta include in all games where I live.
    I had some hope that Marked would make Hannibal a potent damage dealer again.

8. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I don't think Hannibal lost that much potential with Smoke and Mirrors. Sure it might be harder to get that extra orange dice, but he synergizes with everyone in that expansion.

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

The strong point of Hannibal is Programmed Strategy and his powerful Tactics, over Pointman.

Smoke and Mirrors counters him but he still offers synergies like letting Kozmo shoot his Contender through Smoke with an additional :,:

As Smoke is removed at the beggining of Kozmo/Taowu Activation, you can press with Hannibal and try to control your opponent's Running Order similar way as you pin a chess figure threatening with a check mate.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation