1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MAFS] I brought the thunder, but I didn't know how to harness it!

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by valukr, Jul 23, 2019.

1. valukr

valukr Well-Known Member

Took out the Raicho yesterday in the following list:

Raichoo
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]4
    RAICHO MULTI HMG + Heavy Shotgun, Mine Dispenser / . (2 | 94)
    [​IMG] RAICHO PILOT 2 Heavy Pistols, D-Charges, Knife. ()
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    ZERAT Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    RAKTORAK Red Fury / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    OZNAT Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 18)
    MORAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]2
    M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    ZERAT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    KURGAT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

4 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It was good fun running a TAG, it's very different to my usual playstyle/factions. However i found myself failing to extract maximum efficiency from it. It couldn't just bully and win firefights, the mine dispenser is an amazing bit of kit - however, it will take some careful planning and finesse to get true value. Yesterday saw me just shooting mines around like a nerf gun! Anyone bother using baggage to reload the Raicho?

The reason i couldn't bully and win firefights is largely due to poor deployment. Which leads me to the questions, when running a tag, how often do you keep it as your reserve model?

Finally, C&C on the list welcome!

RobertShepherd likes this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Glad you had fun! Even if it's not always successful, it's good to do things differently sometimes.

I reserve my TAG model, as it's important for both offensive and defensive placement purposes. If you were struggling with placement I would also suggest replacing one of your Krakots with a Daturazi - the addition of smoke grenades will help you get around sticky AROs so that you can approach from better angles.

Try using the mine dispenser to place a mine near a target that you plan on shooting with your HMG the next turn. The mine itself has a roughly 8" range, so you can get good range bands to a nearby spot on the table with one order, and then on the next order shoot them with an HMG while forcing them to trigger the mine with their ARO. It's especially good for models that would be otherwise very dangerous, such as snipers in fireteams, TR bots, etc. It gives you a way to force them into bad choices, where they have to either dodge (which means you're safe), or shoot back and eat a template.

Best of luck and good hunting!

Spinnaker and Stiopa like this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

As an Australian, I'm begging you not to use that acronym for Morats.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm not an Australian and I've never heard that before, but it's definitely not the normal way of spelling MAF (Morat Aggression Force).

RobertShepherd likes this.
  5. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Before I make any further comments, It's important to say: What was the mission? Otherwise commenting on your list makes no sense.

KaiAgni likes this.
  6. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Vanguard Officer

This is some generic advice, but I'd recommend reading Daboarders primer on Tactical Armoured Gear operations. Some of it is PanO specifc and won't be relevant, but there is a lot of good information on the use of TAGs that can be applied anywhere.

Stiopa likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation